• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

341 RWHP!!! FAST! =) 2002 NSX

Well...I guess I am just one of those people who give the benefit of the doubt to people before thinking they are criticizing something. Since he first brought up the fact that the Basch unit produces more horsepower, I guess I simply thought that he assumes that anything over say 350 or so horsepower at the wheels was "unsafe" for long-term reliability. I might be 100% wrong that he isn't just falsely criticizing the Basch unit, but initially, I didn't think so...but I do see that someone could see it that way...then again, I don't really care one way or another...I especially don't want to participate in another boring, pointless, moronic, subjectively driven, killing our brain cells supercharger debate. To me, they all have their strong points and weak points...it all depends what you want, and how much you can afford.

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Humanoid,

At the risk of beating this subject even more...

You're incorrect, 02NSX just didn't say the BBSC was unproven...He said...

"...I have the reliabiltiy of a stock car.. which I know is not the case with the Basch..."

If you can't see the difference...well...then go have a great weekend!
wink.gif

-Jim

I too like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I believe I did so in my first post.

If 02NSX did not mean to imply that the BBSC is unreliable then it's a different matter.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

This topic cracks me up, the BBSC topic both good and bad are such a touchy subject these days.

Jimbo heres my worthless disclaimer for you: Im not a BBSC owner, this is merely a question im asking, I have no ill will or negative things to say about the BBSC, only a comment.

--- Comment inserted below ---

What im wondering is are there any owners out there who ARE having problems that are not speaking up simply in the fear that Mark Basch will treat them differently because he reads this board and will know they are complaining?

--- Comment over ---

All products go through R&D phase, and to say that any one manufacturer has not had failures or problems would be probably far from the truth. We know that. The questions lately are being asked (Im assuming) not because they don't stand behind Mark Basch and his products, but just want more information about a POTENTIAL product they are about to buy, or if they should wait till the kinks are worked out before buying it.

Anyways... my question, since we are now on the topic of reliability... is anyone having problems? What kind of problems if so?

-B

Forced Induction, I swore I'd never do it again. Then... I justified not doing it because I wrote the CTSC kit off as being too expensive, and I was starting to get hot and bothered for a more affordable BBSC. That is about the time when Mark Basch pulled his posts and stopped informing us of progress on a regular basis, and I began to loose some interest. I liked the homebrewed attitude and the inside info. Heck, when was the last time someone from Comptech ever answered a question for anybody here?

But it seems you can't mention purchasing one brand without mentioning the other, and then the opinions always fly. Still no C.A.R.B. approval, the beta testers getting the final equipment just as we speak (which in my mind means the beta test has just finished starting three weeks before the end of the summer when the productrion units are supposed be shipping), and the drop in CTSC's price combined with the "increase" in the BBSC means that I am considering options.

Frankly, something like having an easy to find phone number where I can order a replacement belt for overnight shipment is important to me, and it is a combination of factors and looks (not just hp numbers) that will determine my final decision on which is right/best, FOR ME and my year/model car, how I drive, where I drive. If my car were a T model, or a 3.0 liter, my decision may be different.Whether I can get a price list of replacement parts and some sort of assurance that some parts are kept in stock, is nice. A car running rich to the point of pinging for a few weeks is the reason that I didn't pull the trigger on my newish car, yet, with any system. Good tuners are far and few here in NYC, and I have no desire to hang around the dyno anymore.

I am happy to sit on the sidelines and watch the goings on, until next season, at least. My car is still plenty fast for me. I like to go with the underdog, but proven is important when your engine costs $22K. I think we all know that a few CTSC engines have gone belly up, so no system is perfect. I have more faith in Mark Basch the man than in Comptech the company. McLaren bought Comptech and Mercedes bought McLaren, so they may go out of the NSX business by next year. For me the look of the GroupeM makes it a non-contender, but that may not matter to someone else. Shame too, because I like their other products.

no;
we(bbsc owners)
ARE HAVING WAY TOO
MUCH ENJOYMENT
DRIVING OUR CARS.

98-T BBSC #28 r/t

Good comments MAJOR STONER,

Problem with FI as I see it is that we are all spoiled. We have a quick, exotic, perfectly sorted, and extremely reliable car - and that is what we like about the NSX!

No matter how much money a vendor has or how much experience they have they can't:

- magically replace displacement (yes you can get more HP and torque but there are side affects and compromises - not the least of which is money)

- Match the precision and resources of Honda OEM (can you even guess how much time, money, and engineering went into the lousy 20 HP added when they went from the 3.0 to the 3.2L). For Honda to do what vendors do would amount to nearly a new engine design.

So we are left with compromises in areas that are counterintuitive to us.

I do think in the end everyone is touting up there own solutions and dis-ing the competitive solutions so you need to go with someone you trust. There may very well be setbacks and frustration so find someone you think is going to be in it for the long haul and put your money on them - IMO.

My grandfather used to sneak me into the pony races as a kid and showed me how to bet to win. You always bet on the Jockey - not the horse. Funny - still so true in so many ways today. Rarely is it that the "best" product gets adopted - rather it is the best teams of people who end up on top.

I thought it was the whole company, I was refer'ing to info from the motorcar's site:

"Together with DaimlerChrysler we recently announced the design and production of the Mercedes McLaren super sports car for the 21st Century scheduled for launch in 2003. The announcement was followed with the agreement of a long term strategy for DaimlerChrysler to acquire a 40 percent share of the TAGMcLaren group thus beginning a new chapter in the history of McLaren Cars.

The success of our first road car the McLaren F1 is well documented. To succeed, however is about more than just technology, and to build on our success we must continue to set standards that others follow.
There is now an exceptional opportunity for talented individuals to join McLaren Cars and sharing in our vision become part of the expert team producing this exciting new project. You are probably already a leader in your field of expertise, seeking a genuine long term career opportunity and will bring with you to this project innovation, inspiration and dynamism."

Remember, you heard it here first.

Back