• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

360 Modena vs. NSX vs. 996 TT :-D

Funny and awesome little episode last night...I was partying in D.C. at "SAKI" with a couple of girls. We left the club at closing for afterhours at another club named "five." As we were leaving and handing them our Valet slip, so were a couple of other exotic car owners (the porsche & the 360 owner). The porsche guy had recieved his car right in line in front of us. I didn't see the 360 at this point. It appeared that our whole group was leaving at closing to go to "five"...i passed the porsche thru traffic (regular driving) and saw the 360 stopped at the red light right before the ~1/4mile stretch underpass that goes thru Dupont circle area. (with no car beside him) Even though I had TWO girls packed in the X's passenger seat, LOL I got right beside him quickly. As the light turned green the 360 and I left the line ~moderately quick~ but then after the intersection we both HIT IT (right where the underpass began) I was in a good rpm range in 2nd during the quick 2-3 blast (stock-powerwise BTW) so he wasn't leaving me that hard at all...but he was "walking" me as we were both WOT. I had both my windows down underneath the underpass as the 360 was beside/in front of me and had a front row seat to the sights and sounds. That car sounded sooo frickin' awesome as it was going tru the gears...it SCREAMED. If I closed my eyes I would of swore I was at an IMSA race, and that was a GTP car! We both quickly got off of it as we WERE in the city coming on regular drive up ahead, quickly* During this whole episode the 996TT which was behind us saw that we were about to initiate the race and though he was a little ways back he totally got into it to catch up as well. By the time we got to the next light where we all stopped again the 996TT came up and pulled directly behind me as the 360 was to the right and next thing i know I see the rear of the 911 blow up with police lights! Appearantly there was a marked car behind all of us that had witnessed the whole thing. Well, as he pulled over the 911 me and the 360 drove off and dissapeared...thank godness the 911 was behind me ;)
Later, in the "five" where we were all headed to begin with I saw the 360 modena and get out of his car and it was actually an old friend of mine ! We were both laughing and shocked to see that, that engagement was a from someone we knew! lol. The porsche guy came into the club later on, I recognized him from the valet line and we all had some chuckles about what happened...the cop was cool as shit, complimented him on his car and asked him if he knew us and then let him go...no ticket no warning. Very lucky as ALL of us could have gotten pulled over and given a breathilizer (which standards are soo low these days, we all would of probably failed it JUST leaving from the club and all after a couple of light drinks).....the whole thing was like some sort of movie, lol.....I wishh I could of been standing underneath that bridge as all of sreaming past, the sights and sounds were probably awesome being that they were exagerrated from being in an underpass* (where a digital recorder when u need it!) :)

Who knows...I wasn't in his 360 to know if he was winding it all the way out honestly...but it definitely sounded like it*

But I had done a 106MPH trap in the 1/4...and have seen with my own eyes a 360 taken to the strip do a 112MPH trap...on both his runs* ....that 6MPH difference seemed very much in line with how he was "walking" me at his WOT.

PS: I personally know of A LOT of BBSC (and even high boost CTSC's) X's that HAVE and can blow the doors off 360's. :D

**Always remember, all BS said and done, the regular 360's are ultimately 112-114MPH trap speed cars...thats about it* (Being significant modding over that point is virtually non-existant and extremely $$$$ for those cars) If your "trap-ing" better than that in the 1/4, you're beating 360's in the straight-line...case closed.*

NSXTASY_MD said:
ALL of us could have gotten pulled over and given a breathilizer (which standards are soo low these days, we all would of probably failed it JUST leaving from the club and all after a couple of light drinks)
Baloney. As shown here, it takes FOUR drinks for a 180-pound male to reach the 0.08 blood alcohol content that is in effect in most places, where 1 drink is equal to 1 1/4 ozs., 80 proof liquor, 12 ozs. beer, or 4 ozs wine. If you had been drinking enough to fail a breathalyzer test, then you had no business driving a car. You were endangering your life, the lives of your passengers, and the lives of innocent bystanders. Shame on you.

nsxtasy said:
Baloney. As shown here, it takes FOUR drinks for a 180-pound male to reach the 0.08 blood alcohol content that is in effect in most places, where 1 drink is equal to 1 1/4 ozs., 80 proof liquor, 12 ozs. beer, or 4 ozs wine. If you had been drinking enough to fail a breathalyzer test, then you had no business driving a car. You were endangering your life, the lives of your passengers, and the lives of innocent bystanders. Shame on you.

I'll agree with Ken on this one. Just be grateful nothing did happen and learn that if you are going to have a few drinks (stupid enough as it is), then don't RACE if you decide to drive :)

Brian2by2 said:
if you are going to have a few drinks (stupid enough as it is), then don't RACE if you decide to drive :)

I really do not agree that drinking a few drinks is stupid enough as it is... it is only in case you are going to drive/race.

nsxtasy said:
Baloney. As shown here, it takes FOUR drinks for a 180-pound male to reach the 0.08 blood alcohol content that is in effect in most places, where 1 drink is equal to 1 1/4 ozs., 80 proof liquor, 12 ozs. beer, or 4 ozs wine...

In THAT case then I most likely would of passed the breathalizer test with room to spare....and, to let the preachers here know, if I had to do it all over again under the circumstances that existed in our "mini-race" (a two gear blast in an underpass/tunnel with no other cars in it) I would have done it. :rolleyes:

im definately a reformed hypocrite here, but drinking and driving really is a bad idea.

a guy i know is doing time for hitting someone and killing them after drinking and getting behind the wheel...

just not worth it. a cab or limo and you dont have to worry about how much or little you drink.

there but for the grace of God go many of us.

Brian2by2 said:
I'm suprised the 360 didn't leave you harder than that since a buddy of mine (who I won't mention) with a BBSC NSX said that 360's still walk away from him, just not as quickly as before.

That was before the AEM :) Now I'm the one doing the walking.

Armando

gheba_nsx said:
I really do not agree that drinking a few drinks is stupid enough as it is... it is only in case you are going to drive/race.

I should have put "stupid enough as it is" after driving because I was referring to drinking and driving, not just having a few drinks :) my bad

Armando: Glad to hear that!! I was kinda wondering what was up with that. Oh and you STILL owe me a ride! lol

I don't think it's "condescending" to point out behavior that is wrong. In fact, I think it's cowardly NOT to point out behavior that is wrong, particularly if that behavior endangers others.

Then again, there are also going to be those who will object to anyone telling them that anything that they do is wrong, because they think they should do whatever they want. And they are known as "spoiled children" - regardless of their chronological age. Or, in other words...

man we got a lot of 'brats' here... :p (or at least one, anyway)

It sounds like the only ones they were endangering were themselves...but I digress.

I'm not spoiled, I've paid for everything I have including university, my dad is a farmer!

You make your own choices, you accept the consequences of your actions. If you believe that you really don't have to give a fack what people think of what you do.

Ken, you have nothing to apologize for and you're right, drinking and driving should be commented upon. I enjoyed the story up until I read the whole likely to fail a drinking test part. Glad you're not in my city.

satan_srv said:
You make your own choices, you accept the consequences of your actions.
Here's the problem with that logic. Let's say you're driving along with your wife and kids, and a drunk driver runs and stop sign and crashes into you, killing your wife and maiming your kids for life. As you can see from this example, the person who made the choice to drive drunk is not the same as the people who suffer the consequences of that action.

nsxtasy said:
I don't think it's "condescending" to point out behavior that is wrong. In fact, I think it's cowardly NOT to point out behavior that is wrong, particularly if that behavior endangers others.

Then again, there are also going to be those who will object to anyone telling them that anything that they do is wrong, because they think they should do whatever they want. And they are known as "spoiled children" - regardless of their chronological age. Or, in other words...

man we got a lot of 'brats' here... :p (or at least one, anyway)

Well, I agree with the first paragraph but the rest is uncalled for, especially if it wasn't aimed at satan_srv

nsxtasy said:
Here's the problem with that logic. Let's say you're driving along with your wife and kids, and a drunk driver runs and stop sign and crashes into you, killing your wife and maiming your kids for life. As you can see from this example, the person who made the choice to drive drunk is not the same as the people who suffer the consequences of that action.

Everything happens for a reason. You're just giving an extreme example,I could say a drunk driver could off himself in a single vehicle accident and makes the world a better place. I'm not saying it's okay, but on the same hand I can't spend my time trying to make other people's choices for them. There are laws in place and police that enforce them, telling someone what they should be doing over some internet forum is hardly effective or productive. People are still going to make their own choices.

Don't want to argue about this, I'll go back to being a spoiled brat now.

errr.

Great story. I have to give that a try myself, that is fitting two lovely girls in the passenger seat of the x:D :D :D

Probably left you at five and went with the 360 owner.:D

Hey, the police was there and witnessed it right?
The officier wrote no tickets, arrested or warned anyone right?
Then you must of been doing nothing wrong.
Three people in a two seat car, street racing between club visits.
Nothing wrong here. The cars were cool and they sounded cool and that's all that matters.
No spoiled brats here just "pay their own way" adults that don't need no condenscending talk from "dad's" of the world.

Yep.

from what he said, the nsx and the 360 were never pulled over, the cop only nabbed the porsche

But honestly, it seems like people here are quick to jump on anybody for anything, if its not street racing, its drinking.
The "dad" comment seems almost so appropriate because whenever anytime during a post someone might say something that goes against what you might do, you lecture them.
Now quit jumping on the beds you little brats:p

satan_srv said:
telling someone what they should be doing over some internet forum is hardly effective or productive. People are still going to make their own choices.

Don't want to argue about this, I'll go back to being a spoiled brat now.

I think this is a bad way to look at things. An internet forum is still people communicating with each other. People make their own choices, but those choices are obviously heavily influenced by their experiences and their interactions with others. If "lecturing" causes one person to think "ah, you know, maybe that WASNT such a good idea", then that person may choose to make a different choice in the future.

The list of destructive things that people used to "choose" to do and would still be doing if left to their own devices is endless. I think this idea of "everyone has a right to do whatever they want but no one has a right to advise anyone on what the RIGHT thing to do is" is totally flawed.

I'm not making any judgements about the original post in this case, I just think that there is NOTHING wrong with someone calling out bad behavior. Too many guys get by on luck doing bad and dangerous things and are continually encouraged by their peer group because they've beaten the odds and haven't killed anyone or ended up dead yet. It doesn't hurt to have a voice of reason provide a little food for thought.

Don't forget... Nearly half of all traffic fatalities (over 15,000 people per year), are caused by drunk driving. So Ken's example of a drunk killing someone is NOT some extreme example. It happens every 30 minutes in the US.

spookyp said:
I think this is a bad way to look at things. An internet forum is still people communicating with each other. People make their own choices, but those choices are obviously heavily influenced by their experiences and their interactions with others. If "lecturing" causes one person to think "ah, you know, maybe that WASNT such a good idea", then that person may choose to make a different choice in the future.

The list of destructive things that people used to "choose" to do and would still be doing if left to their own devices is endless. I think this idea of "everyone has a right to do whatever they want but no one has a right to advise anyone on what the RIGHT thing to do is" is totally flawed.

I'm not making any judgements about the original post in this case, I just think that there is NOTHING wrong with someone calling out bad behavior. Too many guys get by on luck doing bad and dangerous things and are continually encouraged by their peer group because they've beaten the odds and haven't killed anyone or ended up dead yet. It doesn't hurt to have a voice of reason provide a little food for thought.

Don't forget... Nearly half of all traffic fatalities (over 15,000 people per year), are caused by drunk driving. So Ken's example of a drunk killing someone is NOT some extreme example. It happens every 30 minutes in the US.

There is a much more tactful way to condemn bad behavior IMO. I never said drunk driving was okay, just that the way in which people jump to conclusions just to make a statement on here is hardly effective or productive. Unless you're 5, lecturing doesn't sink in too far.

Back