• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd annual NSXPrime Canyon Drive!!! >>>Sunday, June 8th.

POWERED by HONDA said:
Craig, were those your old chrome wheels that you had powercoated black?

Thanks!

I still have my chrome Azev's but they don't fit over my new brakes (BTW they are for sale if the person who has spoken for them doesn't claim them soon ;) ).

These wheels are the polished Forge Line's that I had at the Cal Coastal Auto Cross. Yes, I had them powder coated black.

Sherwin at the Brake Zone is currently working on a rear set up, although they won't be on my car at Sunday's drive, Stay Tuned!

Attachments

• willwood front.jpg
    willwood front.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,565
One of you guys are going to have to give my girlfriend a ride in your NSX. She's heard so much from me about the NSX, seen all my memorabilia and photos, and hasn't ever been in one. I want to show her what all the fuss is about and what I should be getting back in the near future. Gotta love a girl who drives a stick. :)

On another note, I suggest everyone pay close attention to their rear and their radios this Sunday. A certain movie comes out this weekend and you can bet cops will be out in force looking for anything remotely furious. Drive responsibly, have your fun in the canyons, and take it easy on the long, open straights where police like to radar. There is nothing worse than having your day ruined by a ticket you could have avoided (ask some of us how we know).

Last edited:
Anytime, you can reach me at (805)302-5576, "anytime" ;)

So pass the blue NSX if he is going too slow. =)

My shifting arm is still not 100%, so you can pass this red NSX too.

Of course, I'll have my video camera mounted in mine...and it would look weird if no NSXs were in front of it :D

John,

The weather down here in San Diego sucks right now (Friday night). It's drizzling!! :(

What's the weather look like up there for Sunday?

-Randy

It's been kinda white out(no drizzle), with some sun. We need to all pray at 11pm simultaneously for some hot sunshine. Forecast for Sunday 6/8 is

Clouds giving way to some sun
High 73° F / Low 59° F

Would like to thank John for allowing me to participate in the drive this Sunday in the last minute. I thought my car would be sold this week but the buyer completely bailed out on me after promising he will purchase the car.

I took part in the first Prime Canyon drive and was wondering if anyone got a ticket during the second Prime Canyon drive. I can ill afford to get another ticket on my record and I concur with Ilya that the cops will be particularly over sensitive this weekend. Hopefully alot of the CHP will be off duty on Sunday and our V1s will help sniff out the ones that are on duty. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday!

any open seats anyone? I really want to tag along!

I have a free passenger seat, but I promised it to Danny, at least for the part of the ride when Ill be the lead car. If he does not want it, you can claim it...

Current forecast is for 73 degrees, AM Clouds/PM Sun - dry & no rain....perfect supercharger weather!!

See everyone there tomorrow! :D

thanks NSXTC, I'll be there early even if I dont get to ride along, I can at least take some pictures.

Herman

Boost

Yeah me give all the boost; I need it. Especially with the my current auto headache.

Nsxtc I will take that offer too. See you tomorrow.

I paid for my entry fee, but need email for the starting point, any respond to my email: [email protected]

thank you
Danny

I got EnzoWho's slot since he can't make it so I will see everyone there!!! Yayyyyyyyy!!! Thanks to Supergreen for the hookup and Enzo for the slot and Anytime for the leniency.

Today is the day! Couldn't sleep all night, worrying I would over sleep. It's a white out day, with no wetness. I prayed for good weather and this is fine for us. Akira3D has thought about a live video feed for events like this and the best we can do is unlive video. There are about 6 vid cams going, both in car and on the glass. Total cars: 44 with 73 people :eek:

Tantheman said:
Phenomenal Meet and Drive!!

Tan

I'll second that. Great job John/Tina, Craig and others that helped organize and pull off a great (and well run) event. Looking forward to the next.

Here's a rather wide panoramic from the beginning of the event.

Attachments

• 060803nsxpano.jpg
    060803nsxpano.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 217
We would like to first say thanks to: Craig K. and Marc W. for helping all of us with the maps/routing and leading the way safely. Ilya for being our prerunner and videographer on the whole route and his patient girlfriend. Dave and Lesley DeGroff for wrapping 50 plus raffle gifts. Randy C, Marc S and Mark S for donating some terrific raffle prizes. You all pulled together with generous help and made the drive all the better. You guys are the best!

Thanks to everyone who came; we broke the record this year with the most cars and participants ever. Just think--Three years ago we started our 1st Prime Drive with 17 cars and 20 people & today we had 43 cars and 74 drivers...WHOO HOO!!! The best part of the whole thing is the fact that you all are such a group of genuinely nice people who, coincidently, all drive NSX's.

What a beautiful sight to see over 40 NSX's all in one place. It was like art on wheels. Although we are glad to be home again with our Baby Shelby, it was kinda depressing to put the "other baby";) in the garage for the evening.

Thanks again to all.

Regards--

John and Tina

Well Thank You guys for a great Great GREAT Time!!!!!!!!!! It was our first official run and we were really impressed with the organization, the people, the cars, the map, etc. Great to meet a lot of people in person for the first time also. Catch up to you guys soon - thanks again! Chris & Mica

ditto.
can't wait for the pics.... AND FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Back