• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd. Official CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Sept 6 @ Hollywood Park

ANYTIME said:
1. Is a helmet required? What else?
Yes. I have 6 NSXCA helmets to hand out.(check the sign up form for details)

From the form:

"A small number of loaner helmets MAY be provided by the event organizers. No refunds will be provided to any participant who for any reason does not meet the minimum protective clothing requirements of this section."

John--I'd like to borrow 1 of those 6 NSXCA helmets so I don't have to go and buy one. This would be my first auto-x event and I would like to know first if I like doing this type of driving or not before investing in a helmet of my own. Thanks.

No problem. At the last autocross, there wasn't a problem with lack of helmets. The SCCA also has helmets they are bringing.
Thanks,
John

Joel said:
From the form:

"A small number of loaner helmets MAY be provided by the event organizers. No refunds will be provided to any participant who for any reason does not meet the minimum protective clothing requirements of this section."

John--I'd like to borrow 1 of those 6 NSXCA helmets so I don't have to go and buy one. This would be my first auto-x event and I would like to know first if I like doing this type of driving or not before investing in a helmet of my own. Thanks.

when is the deadline to signup? im in the military and mission goes first so not certain yetif 6 Sept is open for me.

i never autoX and new to my NSX. any pointers? you can PM me.. thanks..

anybody from central coast goin? oxnard and ventura peeps...

im from vandenberg AFB, 50 mi north of santa barbara

Last edited:
I think Anytime's home turf is Ventura and is lead for the event. Thanks for your service, it will be my honor to meet you.

i love serving this country. it's my way of thanking this country for the oppourturnities it gave me and my family.

i'm looking forward in meeting you guy's also.

JaguarXJ6 said:
Are guests still allowed to pay a fee for lunch and to observe?? :)

Sure, check out the sign up form for details.

I'll be able to make it this 21st for dinner @ Red Robin, finally now that the job has settled down.. :)

Whoa!! We are meeting in Santa Monica now. Check out last months meeting here

If anyone is interested in practicing before the Sept event, here's a time and a place.

SCCA/CSCC/Solo2's SCNAX Club is holding a combined team cup challenge and practice next weekend 8/9-10. While the team portion is already filled up there 15 spaces left in the practice group. You can go both days or just one. Price is $40 each day and you should get at least 12 runs a day. Instructors are available for free. Go to http://www.solo2.com/ and click the events tab and then click the 8/9-10 event listing to get the flier. Practice is now open to anyone signing up, no membership required.

If you've never done autox'ing or just looking for seat time in autox, this is a great event to do it.

Private me if you have any questions.

t

Updated list!

1. Eric I.- Akira3D Paid
2. Mike M.- Supergreen125 In the mail
3. Steve R.- Ca AGNSX In the mail
4. Gil L.- coolnsx Paid
5. Scott S.- ss_md In the mail
6. Phil M.- Silly NSX ?
7. Linh N. - Medusa ?
8. Tan N. - Tantheman In the mail
9. Joel T. - Joel ?
10. Dexter M. - Loomup ?
12. Oscar T. - w/Loomup ?
13. Liana D. - Lovesxy In the mail
14. Eric H. ?
15. Bob W. ?
16. Mike R. ?
17. Robert H. ?
18. Tom T. - Tank Paid
19. David - SilverOne In the mail
20. Craig K. - Craig In the mail
21. Marc W. - NSXTC In the mail
22. Chris W. - Cdub Paid
23. Aaron C. - Nimbus Paid
24. Simon L. Paid
25. Ed C. - Bambookid In the mail
26. John R. - ANYTIME Paid
27. your name here

Last edited:
Ok, here is the new and updated list. Come on guys, don't hesitate, send in your payments! If you would like to be included, reply or PM me. Notice any celebrities???

1. Eric I.- Akira3D Paid
4. Gil L.- coolnsx Paid
6. Phil M.- Silly NSX ?
7. Linh N. - Medusa ?
9. Joel T. - Joel ?
10. Dexter M. - Loomup ?
14. Eric H. ?
15. Bob W. ?
16. Mike R. ?
17. Robert H. ?
18. Tom T. - Tank Paid
21. Marc W. - NSXTC Paid
22. Chris W. - Cdub Paid
24. Simon L. - Taj Paid
26. Joel and Dianne M. - JSMDMD In the mail
27. Dave and Leslie D. - So-Cal NSX In the mail
28. Bruce R. - Paid
29. Doug Hayashi - Paid
30. Wayne Mello - Paid
31. Paul and Heidi T. - GONSXGO In the mail
32. John T. - Tararan In the mail
33. George S. - Paid
34. John R. - ANYTIME Paid
35. your name here

Last edited:
I wonder how well the Flamemobile will do in an AutoX...I mean, has Doug ever autocrossed his NSX?

From what he has been saying... he's never AutoX'd... ever.

But that cheating bastard is probably getting some track time hitting some cones at a hidden autox track near him... :)

I've never been autocrossing either... it would be fun to do it along with other NSXers...

Gonna be some pretty serious competition this year: Doug, Wayne, Paul & Heidi, Tank, etc. Craig better be prepared to defend the CalCoastal Cup!! ;)

I never thought I'd ever be mentioned in the same context as Doug, Wayne, Paul and Heidi. What an honor!!!! Too much pressure on me now.:eek: And if I don't perform any better than I did this weekend - oh my, I'm in trouble. Maybe it was the 105 air temp and the 120 degree surface that had something to do with it. My core tire temps got up to 200 degrees. After 2 runs we had to keep spraying them down.

The cup challenge was teams of 4 cars and each driver had to do 6 runs in each car. I had a Miata, and S2000, and Civic Si on the team (each car was handicapped to even it out). I liked the S2K best and the Miata least. Everyone wanted an NSX at the end of the weekend of course.:D I almost caught my NSX times in the S2K. We screwed up our strategy on the first day - having never done this before - and ended up in 6th place out of 9 teams. We could have done much better had we thought this thru. We had a lot fun anyway. It's great trading cars like that.

See ya on the 6th.

Tank

Last edited:
Hehe...it seems we have a lot of real experienced AutoXers this time around. Looking forward to some real close competition.

Tank said:
I never thought I'd ever be mentioned in the same context as Doug, Wayne, Paul and Heidi. What an honor!!!! Too much pressure on me now.:eek:
Tank

I think he will have a big advantage from the get-go because his car weighs around 2,600 lbs - that's about 400 pounds lighter than a stock NSX! He's got a high-boost supercharer on a low-compression motor with forged pistons! Plus, he has real racing slicks (stickier than the "DOT" tires most NSX track types run).

My reading of the CalCoastal AutoX rules is that his car is still legal for the modified class, so watch out!!! :eek:

akira3d said:
I wonder how well the Flamemobile will do in an AutoX...I mean, has Doug ever autocrossed his NSX?

I have to take a moment to to thank NSXTC. You were the one that took the time at the first NSX autox in Camarillo a year and a half ago to encourage me to go foreward with this autox sport. I had no high performance driving experience then; that was my first event of any kind. And now I'm having a blast with the car racing folks from all over SoCal against all kinds of cars. (and beating a lot of them)

Thanks,

Tank

Ok, here is the up to date list. The big guns are coming out of the woodwork, please check below. There is only 5 days left to send in your reg/payment without incurring a $15.00 late fee (must be postmarked on or before August 18th.) All entry forms must be received no later than August 29th.
Take care,
John
BTW, If anyone can contact Mark Allen, please let him know about this event. I don't think he watches the boards.

1. Eric I.- Akira3D Paid
4. Gil L.- coolnsx Paid
6. Phil M.- Silly NSX ?
7. Linh N. - Medusa ?
9. Joel T. - Joel ?
10. Dexter M. - Loomup ?
14. Eric H. ?
15. Bob W. ?
16. Mike R. ?
17. Robert H. ?
18. Tom T. - Tank Paid
21. Marc W. - NSXTC Paid
22. Chris W. - Cdub Paid
24. Simon L. - Taj Paid
26. Joel and Dianne M. - JSMDMD In the mail
27. Dave and Leslie D. - So-Cal NSX In the mail
28. Bruce R. - Paid
29. Doug Hayashi - Pulp Story Teller Paid
30. Wayne Mello - Paid
31. Paul and Heidi T. - GONSXGO In the mail
32. John T. - Tararan In the mail
33. George S. - Paid
34. Greg Hardee Supercharged - In the mail
35. De - NSXSAN In the mail
36. Scott M. - In the mail
37. John R. - ANYTIME Paid
38. your name here

Last edited:
I'm in. I will be filling out the form and sending payment by tomorrow night. I want to beat the big guns... especially NSXSAN!

Is there a group for the slow folks (like me) in our stock, super body roll NSX-T's? :D

Last edited:
Not that anyone cares, but..... the numbers used to calculate the handicap (PAX numbers) for last weekend's autox cup challenge were wrong. The final tally has my team coming in 3rd and me coming in 8th in the individual standings!!!! We made it to the podium!

I feel like I'm the NSX standard bearer in SCCA autox for the LA area, and I want you all to know I'm doing the marque proud. Since the NSX isn't a real good autox car, having such a good showing has generated a lot of chatter on the message boards. There were a lot of national champions in this cup.

Where there's a will, there's a way. And when you're in an NSX it makes it all that much more fun.

I know i'll totally screw the pooch at Hollywood Park next month with all the heavy hitters showing up, but right now I'm riding a pretty good high.:D

Handicaps

Tank, Is this like golf where you spot us all a few car lengths? ;)

Back