• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd. Official CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Sept 6 @ Hollywood Park

THE RESULTS!

Download the final standings!

17th!?!? I'm shocked how far I was from being competitive this time around...and I'm also 100% certain that I didn't DNF during my first session (I had my club radio on during that session and my first sub-50 run was clean).

I guess I'm a little disappointed since I finished 3rd during our first CalCoastal autocross. I KNEW I should have bled my tires more as the day wore on...

Can't wait to get back out there and bring my times down!!!!

Last edited:
PROOF!

A-ha! I knew I got a sub-50 time on the last run of my first session! Of course, I only advance three places to 14th (my adjusted total of 144.92 puts me just behind Si)...but I'll take it! :p

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 223
Timing and scores stand as posted.

The funny thing is that I'm hosting the results on my website, so I could edit the file at any time...but I won't. That wouldn't be very sportsmanlike, would it? :D

Must have been a fluke, that time is low.

No, 39.194 is low...and a time that low would totally have been a fluke. :eek:

I am in the dead ass last racing club..... But, I had a great time. Timing was secondary(I need to say that cause my time sux) If I took my fastest 3 times, I would end up in 13th. place(go figure)

Oh don't get me wrong, I would have had an absolute blast even if I DNF'd every single time I was out there.

Arrgh!!! If I only had full slicks (notice Doug & Wayne's sudden 2-second reduction in times starting w/ the second run) !!! :eek:

And I know Paul & Heidi are saying right now "if I only had a supercharger!!" ! :p

We are all big cheating bastards!!

If this event keeps growing the way it does each time, we ought to create some more run group classifications (I know they are discussing that on the other thread).

Last edited:
Twenty-second..... yahooooooo....

Hey... given the fun factor out there on Saturday afternoon, I am not too worried about how I placed.....
And if you look at the total times, only about 5 or 6 seconds in total separated about half the cars out there in the touring class.
So either all the cars are pretty much even, all the drivers are pretty much even, or we all had too much for lunch.... :D

And John, with all the stuff you had to do on Saturday..... coordinating the workers, cars, changing diapers, I think you did fine......

Joel 91 Black / Ivory

so.... what's everyone doing this weekend??:D

supergreen125 said:
so.... what's everyone doing this weekend??:D

wishing i could be in hollywood park and drive my nSX again.

i thought they were takin the best 3 times from the whole day. i didnt know that they were taking the best run from each session. there are plenty that average out to 146 sec. awesome.

tararan said:
wishing i could be in hollywood park and drive my nSX again.

i thought they were takin the best 3 times from the whole day. i didnt know that they were taking the best run from each session. there are plenty that average out to 146 sec. awesome.

Nice curveball, huh? If you take this scenerio(which happened in the past), you'll understand how these newer rules make sense and keep everyone competetive throughout the day. Lets say in the first run group, your car is dialed in, you and your tires are fresh and knock off some killer times(3 in a row). You say to yourself, that's all I need to win, so I can just kick back and keep an eye on the competition and only run again when someone gets close to beating my 3 fast times. The way we have it now, you have to run every session(and do well consistantly) to stay in the running.
Take care,
JOhn

With all the new "go-fast crack pipe" junkies out there, I wonder if there is enough interest in a So-Cal NSX open track day event. Maybe we could get a bunch of NSX'es to show up en masse at the December opentrackracing.com event at Willow Springs...

NSXTC, you are corrupting my brains! :p I have resisted so hard to not sign up for the track event at the NSXPO because I heard that there are concrete barriers on some turns.

It'd be icing on the cake if we can make it an all NSX event. I just don't want to get passed by Civics, Miatas, or Neons, or Focuses.

Looking at the results, I think we should offer a trophy for the "most improved". Looking at Alex's and Steve's 3rd session, they actually reached down to the 44's and 45's consistantly.

Like some have mentioned, we are mainly there to have fun and learn. I have gotten my money worth and then some with such extraordinary experience last Sat.

Now I'm ready for the track .... How "car friendly" is Willow Springs?

ilean

CDub said:

Now I'm ready for the track .... How "car friendly" is Willow Springs?

ilean

Willow Springs isn't too bad.. runoffs are mostly sand and dirt. The only real chance of you seeing the wall is the final corner heading into the straights. I personally think Streets of Willow is a better course especially for beginners, it's almost like a big autocross course.

NSXTC said:
With all the new "go-fast crack pipe" junkies out there, I wonder if there is enough interest in a So-Cal NSX open track day event. Maybe we could get a bunch of NSX'es to show up en masse at the December opentrackracing.com event at Willow Springs...

yeah yeah.. may be the first week of December so i can join again.

Back