• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4th. Official CalCoastalNSX Autocross(Now Semi Annual), March 6th. @ Hollywood Park

Dear NSXCA Club Member: (this is an early announcement, with more details to follow)

Autocross is an inexpensive and relatively safe way to experience racing. The CalCoastalNSX group has created a unique and exciting venue for NSX Club members to experience the true performance of their vehicles in a private, controlled environment. Hollywood Park in Inglewood, California was discovered several years ago by Road & Track magazine as the perfect location to conduct performance tests of the vehicles reviewed by their magazine. Today, this area is reserved most every day of the week by automotive publications, high-performance driving schools, and race teams testing their cars.

Autocross involves navigating your vehicle through a course designated by rubber traffic cones. Your speed through this complex course will be compared with other NSX owners. Awards (as well as bragging rights) will be handed out at the end of the day. Besides the social aspects, this event helps you discover your car's capabilities and limitations, making you a better, safer driver on the road. It also develops your own driving ability. Many would-be race drivers use autocross as a jumping point into the sport of road racing. Probably the greatest thrill of autocross is the challenge of beating your own time. It's fun!

The Forth Semi-Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross and will be held on Saturday, March 6th., 2004 at Hollywood Park, in the City of Inglewood, California. Please be sure to arrive in plenty of time for the 8:30 am ish mandatory driver’s meeting and safety briefing. A catered lunch will be served.

There are two classes of competition at the main autocross event. The classes are based on modifications to your vehicle. Any 1991-2002 model NSX is automatically placed into the “touring class” unless:
1.) the car has been modified with either a supercharger, turbocharger, or otherwise produces in excess of 300 rear-wheel horsepower, or
2.) the car is running DOT approved competition tires(with the newly instated "no full slicks Doug rule") . In either case, such a car will instead run in the “modified class”.

More pre event info will be available at our CalCoastalNSX Meeting in Santa Monica. You can also pre-register at the meeting, for a sure to be sold out event!

Thanks,
John

Stay tuned for current up to date info on exact cost of the event, sponsors and raffle prizes. Cost is targeted far under a 100bucks. I couldn't wait to let everyone know all the details I have at the moment.

FYI,The electronic timing and course layout are being taken care of by <s>SCCA</s> US!!! We are buying our own equipment!!!

You will be able to sign up for this event SHORTLY!!!(Use the easy to read, fun to use sign up form below.). Just print it out, fill in the blanks and send it in with your check(payable to John Richards) or you can pay by Paypal (please add 2.5% to cover the nice paypal fees). If paying by Paypal, you still need to send in your completed and signed form by snail mail.

Click here for the signup form

Last edited:
NSXTC said:
Darn! I could give Doug and Wayne some "payback time" with the new "no full slicks Doug rule"

And I want another crack at chasing them as well:D

I've done more suspension work which I think played a part in my finally beating the Z06 I've been running against all year. I managed to place 3th for the 2003 season in ASP class for autox. I also won the trophy for "Most Improoved Driver" for 2003. I guess that speaks to how bad I was at the beginning.

I won't be missing this opportunity to narrow the Doug/Wayne gap. ;)

Tom

Last edited:
I've marked my calendar already.

This time, I'm going to eat a very light lunch instead. Last time, I couldn't beat my morning session time after lunch. I'd like to propose a simple lunch since we are there mainly to toss our cars around. It may be able to keep our cost down as well.

I hope that if we can keep the lunch to 30 mins. and a couple mins between run groups, we can have more track time. Have you consider having a car that holds 5 people to dropoff and pickup corner workers between run groups?

Last time I think we did around 20 runs. It worked out to be around 15 minutes of total track time. I'd love to have more. Please don't take this as criticism! I really appreciate your effort to put these events together!

John, please let me know if you need help that day. I'll be happy to be there early and chip in a little before the event starts.

Thanks!

More track time!!! I'm with you Cdub...Anything we can do to get a little more track time would be great....I'm sure you'll figure somethin out, John:D

Can't wait.....

Are we gonna have a separate class for my new car?

150TestDay1-med.JPG

The 08 car in the background is Ross' new car. If any more NSX'ers wind up getting racecars like these (they cost less than a Comptech supercharger kit), we will need our own run group! :D

If several of our more competitive drivers got these cars (and kept them prepped in accordance with the rulebook) , there would be no question about "cheating bastard" tricks, 3 pound doors, slicks, etc. Im not naming names, but you know who you are!!! :p

NSX-Ster said:
Nice Flames Marc! John, these guys should be able to bring these cars out and run in the "Rotarian" club class.
I agree, as long as they are current NSXCA members.

March 6th is also the day "Hot Import Nights" car show is in LA....
I know most of it is a bit ricey, but you don't go there to check out the cars;) if you know what I mean:D "I'm married, not burried":p

Anyways, it might be cool if we could get a spot and show up with 30-40 NSX's....People would be like:eek:

anyone interested???

damn, if i still have my car and if im not deploy yet by that time. i would definitely be there.

Yo! I'm surprised noone is replying to this thread. this event is som much fun. although i can't join you guys cuz i just sold my NSX. hopefully, i can attend the 10th semi annual calcoastal NSX autocross after im done with school and puchased another NSX.

have fun you all. don't let this great event fade away.

it's definitely worth the money

auto-x

Let's start getting those sign ups in. John needs to be making final counts for cars and catering!!!! Gotta drive-Gotta eat!

And Im surprised no one is responding to my idea regarding allowing club members in w/ different (non-NSX) cars. Seems we could kill 2 birds w/ one stone this way.

Oh, well...maybe next year.

tararan said:
Yo! I'm surprised noone is replying to this thread. this event is som much fun. although i can't join you guys cuz i just sold my NSX. hopefully, i can attend the 10th semi annual calcoastal NSX autocross after im done with school and puchased another NSX.

have fun you all. don't let this great event fade away.

it's definitely worth the money

Non NSX Race

Well if its a non NSX race your looking for.... :p Actualy I'm just an NSX enthusiest with a 94 Honda Prelude (no alterations). But if you really want to beat a helpless little girl thats fine - I'll play!
*Who knows maybe you'll just have a little pitty and let me win;)
(That is if they would let non NSX's race?)

Re: Non NSX Race

NSX~Kleine said:
Well if its a non NSX race your looking for.... :p Actualy I'm just an NSX enthusiest with a 94 Honda Prelude (no alterations). But if you really want to beat a helpless little girl thats fine - I'll play!
*Who knows maybe you'll just have a little pitty and let me win;)
(That is if they would let non NSX's race?)

Girl??? did you say "girl"??? :eek:

cool:cool:

Good Afternoon gentlemen,
Yes .... Girl
I'm a girl, and I will be at the autocross.
*just as soon as I send my $ and sign up*
I look forward to seeing everyone there.
PS I've done my 'homework' and I'll be looking to meet a few of you.:D

sounds good!!!

are you going to be able to steal an NSX from South Coast Acura for the autoX??
:D

If not, I'm sure someone will take you for a spin:cool:

see you there...

Back