• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5th. Semi Annual CalCoastalNSX Autocross, Oct. 30th. @ Hollywood Park

Awesome pics Randy!!! I would just like to thank John, Gil and everyone else that helped out with the AutoX!!!!

Thanks to Dave, Kenny, Rodney, Dr Mini, and anyone else who I was able to bum a ride off of and experience my first thrill of AutoX!!!!

Kenny!!! Cant wait to PARTY with you!!! How did the video come out???

Kevin

NemesisX said:
Thanks to Dave, Kenny, Rodney, Dr Mini, and anyone else who I was able to bum a ride off of and experience my first thrill of AutoX!!!!

Kevin
You haven't experienced an AutoX until you are behind the wheel. :D :D Get out there and DRIVE!!! :D :D :D Being a passanger and actually driving is like night and day.

Kevin,

Its was great to have met you and have you as my passenger. :D

Video, it would have been great if you would have pushed the start button.
But, its o.k. i was able to get more footage on the last session.

Check your p.m. for the party info.

late

Kenny

NemesisX said:
Awesome pics Randy!!! I would just like to thank John, Gil and everyone else that helped out with the AutoX!!!!

Kenny!!! Cant wait to PARTY with you!!! How did the video come out???

Kevin

More pics:

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_5025.JPG

Or(if you are on a Mac) just hold down the option key before you click on the link. They played fine for me on a Mac using this method.

SoCal-NSX said:
Cdub. It's in Windows Media Format and if you're on a Mac there's a version for the mac. I'll encode it into Flash tonight and repost. It's cross-platform.

Can you watch any of the videos here?
http://degroff.us/videos.htm

Dave

Greeting everyone,
I first apologize for the very late reply. The autocross was a very bittersweet thing for me. It was very, very exciting (as I actually ran many, many times) event and all that helped made it easy on me. I want to personally thank those who helped out. Without help, it wouldn't have happened. In no particular order, my many kudos are as follows.

Gil Leach - Thanks for all the help running the timing. This was quite possibly the hardest part of the event. I know Steve Riter helped you out before hand (although he could not attend- something to do with a wedding or funeral. Man, priorities!) And also bringing along Kevin as a helping hand.

Chris Wong - Track setup and design. Many thanks for taking your time to design and fine tuning of the track the day of. I appreciate your effort when it came to your professionalism and skills emulating pahrump (with what we had to work with)

Mark Stepp - Meeting with the tent people (one year it go set it up in the wrong place and they had to come back a move it) and doing tech inspection. Assited Chris with track layout issues and solutions. With out Mark, 4 NSX's would have been in the wrong class - Modifications were either forgot or overlooked. Can't remember that you had falken azenas on your car? We found them!!!

Scott Shimane - Helped Stepp out with tech inspection and printed car numbers, set up the sign up forms and run groups/worker assignments. I couldn't have done this, as I have no knowledge of the dark side of pdf/rtf's.

Eugene Fong - For helping out with the coffee, danishes, etc. Even with a bad ankle, Eugene was eager to help!

Greg Strang - Transporting and storing all the cones, ice chests, flag tower, etc. Slow down!

Liana Wulff and Judy Dunlap - Although neither could attend, I want to thank both Liana and Judy (Lianas mom) for securing HP and also bringing the midnight mission kids for some eats, pics and some quick rides. The photo of the kids speak for themselves.

Dave DeGroff - What can I say? Dave is always first to help out. He even is on the prowl for the next location for our autocross. We need to secure a location that can accommodate a non profit organization. <Meaning we cannot pay full price. What we can do is a nice jesture towards the community in some way, similar to the midnight mission agreement.

Eric I - The wonderful video. The event will be forever captured like no other! How much are the DVD's?

Paul Ahn - Paul, for leaf blowing. Up to the second before we started.

Mako - Assisting in the track layout/setting up with Chris. Much appreciated.

The most upsetting part for me was the good bye to HP. We did manage to pull off 3 autocrosses at HP, with only a few bucks out of our pockets. Our budget only allowed a certain amount, and even as close to free as it was, we made a little profit. Enough so, we were able to buy the timing equipment, display, laptop and cones. Not bad for the short time we did this. During the next NSXPO, our timing equipment will be used for an autocross that everyone can enjoy. It will be in addition to the track event, not instead of. How cool is that?
In closing, I appreciate all who helped (sorry if I missed anyone!) and all the well wishes and thanks that came my way. It really helps knowing you care when it comes to putting on events. I hope to continue to provide interesting and fulfilling events we can all enjoy, myself included.
Sincerely,
John, Tina and Shelby :wink:

Well put John! Is the Camarillo airport a possible location for the next event? Also, SCCA is running alot at California Speedway. Maybe there is a deal to be had there. I'll check into Irwindale Speedway, but the Porsche club auto-x has just been denied by Irwindale so I I'll find out the deal on that. That's great news about the auto-x at NSXPO. Will you be able to attend both yhe track days and the auto-x?

Back