• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

70 dry shot or 100 wet shot safer in long term?

I have been reading alot of the nitrous threads, especially Badcarma's. I was wondering whether a 70 dry shot or 100 wet shot is safer in the long term for the NSX? Assuming all available safety precaustions, window switch, bottle warmer, etc. What do you think? Oh, and is the wet shot setup alot more expensive? Thanks!

IMHO 70-75 dry with stock ECU or 100 dry with larger injectors and EMS controlling the fuel with n20 options built in,EMS must be tuned correctly.n20 is becoming more complex as time goes on and their are more options and tunes available then ever before.a while back I would have firmly stated that you were indeed correct 70 dry or 100 wet,THAT HAS ALL CHANGED!with these new EMS controls the ability to run very large dry shots is very real and safer then wet. wet systems IMHO will be non existent in a few years due largely to the stand alone units ability to control n20.one possible exception would be the very large direct port sytems I think they 'might' stay wet and the A/F will be controlled on a cylinder basis making for a very safe and reliable system but with the EMS controls I dont see why you could not run a very good dry direct port setup ,with the nitrous added at each cylinder the enrichment fuel will come by way of longer injector pulse.

The debate of dry vs. wet will not go away anytime soon just as the debate of SC VS. Turbo. as far as blown motors in the SC and Turbo cars once again IMHO I believe people have blown motors on N20 and not fessed up. their is risk and reward in all the systems that gain power but it is a matter of weighing the real and perceived risks against the gains and finding a reasonable gain with as little risk as possible.people also need to be honest when assessing the amount of gain that is possible on the stock motor and take into account the age of the motor and not always how many miles are on it

Last edited:
great info! thanks for the reply badcarma. good to hear that 100 dry is safe with EMS and larger injectors. I don't suppose you would know if increasing the injector size and EMS would affect the emissions at times you weren't using the n20. I am located in CA and I need to be able to pass smog.

Back