• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-01 have EXACTLY the same body style?

timothyaw said:
I was wondering because I'm getting a 3M paint protection film for my car but they only list 91-99 years for the kit? Since I have an 01 it should work right?

Only difference I know of is the roof colors being solid (in the US) on the 95 (i think) and up coupes. Outside the US, you could still get them in black I believe, but body wise: no difference.

Color doesn't matter; only the shape matters. And the shape of the '91-01 NSX is identical for all years, with two exceptions: (1) the chin spoiler is deeper on the '97-01 (although that probably doesn't matter, since that piece isn't painted and wouldn't get the paint protection), and (2) the NSX-T vs the NSX Coupe - while the shape is identical, there are seams in the roof panel for the -T that might affect the fitment of the paint protection.

nsxprimetime said:
haven't seen an '02 or newer hard top yet- do they still make them?
Not for sale in North America, only in overseas markets.

300 to 800 depending on installer and what size you use.
I think there are 3 different sizes.
I have the full kit half way up the hood, covers the lower dam, rear sprats, and a few custom pieces around the wheel well.
The installer makes a big difference on this product.
I paid extra to have it done right.

nsxexotic said:
timothyaw,

Just curious how much you are paying for the 3m film and how much coverage will it cover?

Thanks.

First off thanks for all the replies, nsxexotic I'm getting a kit from stonegard http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/default.asp
the hood, headlight covers, mirrors and bumper is $500. I went to 3M's site to find professional installers. I'm not the one to try doing it myself, some are. 3M's site is here http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/clelFFC/view.jhtml
Good luck.

charleysung said:
Does the film affect detailing? Can you wax/buff the car with this film on and get the same results as if waxing/buffing on normal car?

Yes you can, you treat it the same as the rest of the car. It last 5-7 years I've heard.

3M PPF FAQ

Here is some information from the 3M Paint Protection Film FAQ.
Q. Can I use wax over Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film?

A. Yes. When waxing the vehicle, some wax may build up along the film edges. This can easily be removed when dry with a soft brush such as an old toothbrush. Do not use any waxes containing dyes or waxes that are not recommended for urethanes. Abrasive polishes and/or rubbing compounds are not to be used.
Q. What is the Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film warranty?

A. 3M currently provides a five-year warranty on product only to those who are authorized to purchase their film directly from 3M. Authorized Paint Protection Film Kit Converters and Professional Applicators have had such positive experience with Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film that many offer warranties beyond five years. Be sure to discuss the warranty offered by your Professional Applicator before Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film is installed on your vehicle.

Back