• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-94 roof painting

has anyone here painted there 91-94 X roof top to match the rest of there car ?? :confused: if so can please post some pics :D

Yes, I guess some people do complain that the earlier years NSXs look like Camaros in the 90's. I've actually considered painting my top to Sebring silver. Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't. I like the silver/black look now.

A matching color top looks nice, but when the Camaros are all sitting in junk yards, our black top cars will be very unique once again. :p ;)

umm wouldn't it just look like a 95 with a painted roof?

ROTFLMAO.....that sounds like something I would say. :p

CDub said:
Yes, I guess some people do complain that the earlier years NSXs look like Camaros in the 90's. I've actually considered painting my top to Sebring silver. Looking back now, I'm glad I didn't. I like the silver/black look now.

A matching color top looks nice, but when the Camaros are all sitting in junk yards, our black top cars will be very unique once again. :p ;)

I am glad you kept your car the way it was painted from the factory. The Sebring Silver with black top looks amazing!! Part of the reason I like the early NSX's more is because they still have that jet fighter canopy look, especially with tinted windows. :)

Mine was painted prior to purchase, and I must say - I like it.
It does not look like a -95 sinse the pillars ain't painted.

I don't have a lot of pics on the car so I'll hope this one is enough...

Attachments

• honda nsx front.jpg
    honda nsx front.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 620
my roof was painted prior to purchase and I like it .

swede- you could always replace the pillars with CF ones.
attachment.php

wow, nsxbox, that location for your shoot looks 'crazy'... nice photo. btw, i also like the black top look. (ie: white/black top for the NSX-R look). but if i HAD to paint the roof, i like the painted roof, with the unpainted (black or CF) pillars. it looks real nice..

Here is my 94.

I have no regrets.

Attachments

• img_0333a.jpg
    img_0333a.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 357
EssTooKayTD said:
i'm one of those that prefers the black top. I think it really brings the lines of the car out more. White with black top is beautiful.

yeah, I do agree with your statement. I never like white color in any kind of cars. However, I fell in love when I saw the white/black combo and bought the car.... I would paint the same color if I have to do repaint in the future.

I like them both ways. Another benefit is that people think it is a 2001 :)

I do really like the look of the NSX-R though. It is my favorite.

Let me put it to you this way, I would certainly feel comfortable painting my top given enough confidence in the body shop. Some black-topped coupes have been excellently painted. (like Norm's)

That being said, I really like the black tops better. I would even go so far as to paint an NSX-T's top black if I ever bought one as a second car. Kaiser Silver 97-99 + black top would look GOOD IMO.

I thought about painting my top at one time but now I have no desire to do so. I like the silver/black combo. I painted my calipers black with the raised NSX letters and fins in silver. My lugnuts on the '98 wheels I have are in black. At NSXPO99 in Monterey, one member said he loved this setup. The black brakes tie in with the black lug nuts that tie in with the black roof. I add a little more black when I install the black Colgan mirror covers and OEM nosebra.

I was going to get the chrome lug nuts for my '98 wheels but the seller didn't have them at the time. I used my black existing lug nuts and stuck with them. Yeah, it's subtle but I like it. I even swapped the chrome lug nuts for black ones on my '01 silver GSR too.

I kept the black lugs too, and put some 35% tint all the way around. Looks great IMO, but next time I might have gone with darker tint.

Back