• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'91 BB Build

I purchased this car sight unseen from the other side of the world in Dec 2011 and took delivery of it the following January. The first thing I did to this basically stock car is put a VIS Type-R hood, DF GT diffuser, DF front bumper under tray, DF battery under tray, DF Radiator duct, and because the stock muffler was blown I threw on a GTLW. That was the first week of ownership. That held me over for a couple of months, maybe even three months before I felt it started needing more work done to it. So I installed the Comptech Carbon air box, DF intake scoop, DF-R side ducts and removed the engine cover. A week later I contacted Brian at Prospeed and had the RDX injectors installed and was happy for the next 6 months.

Looking at my car I started to feel like there was something missing. I realized that it was missing a Type-R style wing so that went on and all was good for the remainder of the year. At the one year mark of having the car in my possession I felt that it was time to upgrade the suspension and wheels. I read Honcho's review of the BC coil overs with Swift springs and was sold. I then bought the Work Emotion CR wheels in Matte grey and figured that I might as well upgrade the brakes a little while I was focusing on that region of the car. The car received slotted rotors and Hawk HP+ pads which I still enjoy to this day. I set the suspension height at the Type-R height as well as the same spring rates. After playing with the dampers for a month I finally found where I like them set (15F, 20R from soft).
P1000558.1.jpgP1000570.jpg
Then I tried the RS-R Ran-Up and free dyno and it made zero difference anywhere on the dyno. To those that got a gain, good on you, but I feel that it is a waste of money as I saw first hand it did nothing and they charge $40-$50 for it.
dyno.jpg
Summer of 2013 was an interesting one for the car as a few things decided to go simultaneously. The throw-out bearing went along with a snap-ring failure (mind you the transmission was not in snap-ring range) resulting in the car getting a new transmission with JDM gears and a 4.55 final and an SOS 275 sport clutch. I also replaced a leaking clutch master/ slave and installed a damper delete. The car received new engine mounts, starter/solenoid, alternator, and repacked CV joints with new boots. When I got the car back it felt amazing. The car pulled so much harder and felt like it was on crack with the new gearing.

I started to reduce weight in the car and pulled a bunch of out totaling about 250lbs which includes the weight reduction of the GTLW from OEM. This made the car feel more like a go kart and became a little addicting to the point that every time I looked at the car I wondered what I could pull out.

Christmas came with a new born so for the start of this new year I am only doing headers. I purchased a set of Comptech headers and recently received them and have not had time to get them down to get ceramic coated yet. I am thinking of doing them in white because ever since a I saw the Zonda with white headers on it I fell in love with the look.

Back