• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 keyless entry - the truth.....

I'll trade you that kit for a set of 200 core Prospeed catzzzzzzzzzz!
Just kidding, the GTLW will arrive today, so I should do a sound clip this week and post it for ya.
Trev

Hey guys,

Looks like you can buy the wire harness (Pt# 08E60-SL0-200F1) pictured in UnhuZ's post above from Acura for about $38.00 ($51.00 retail)

Not sure with will help the 91-93 guys ... but thought I'd mention it.

Does anyone know what the part number for the Key Fob remote is? I have a 96 and have the control module in place, but do not have any Key Fobs?

I still think the Keyless Entry for '92-95 Legends and '92-'94 Vigors will work in the early NSX - the Acura keyless entry kit isn't NSX-Specific.

The Legend/Vigor (and even 1991-93 Accord Wagon LX) brains and the remotes will work, but not the mounting hardware and wiring harness. I know this, because I swapped in a Legend brain/remote to my old 1992 NSX to fix a problem with receiving range. The harness and hardware, however, was totally different, but was not an issue for me, because I reused all the old stuff that was already in my car at the time.

Last edited:
i can see tomorrow in my fobs....not right now :wink:

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I'll be on the look out for your post.

Fantastic thread. I've been following this as I'm interested in getting rid of my 91 OEM keyless entry and going aftermarket but I'm trying to figure out a nice way to interface with the OEM Security / Keyless system so that the alarm installer (myself) won't need to cut into any of the OEM wires.

Maybe the best way would be to find female 22p and 16p connectors and mate them withe OEM male connectors that go into the security unit and go from there...

I'm looking at the original install manual posted by ffffanman and comparing it to the wire harness mapping from UnhuZ and I can't find the 2 wires (red and yellow) that are supposed to come as separate pins that need to be inserted into the OEM Security plug... not sure why those are missing.

The 91 manual also indicates that the OEM harness is an 8p but it's clearly a 12p connector in UnhuZ's kit.

Just realized that the kit in the pictures posted by UnhuZ are the 1993-2003 kit, which is still available from Acura. So, the 1991-1992 folks are still out of luck.

Just realized that the kit in the pictures posted by UnhuZ are the 1993-2003 kit, which is still available from Acura. So, the 1991-1992 folks are still out of luck.

I've been thinking about this and i'm 99% sure that the harness (and complete kit) of the 93-05 can be adapted, in some way, to 91-93 ones... it's a question of doing a wire by wire inspection on the plug of the car and on the harness...

I have a complete 91 kit coming this week.
I'll take detailed pics for you guys.
Trev

Trev,

please compare the harness you'll receive with my harness schematic to see if there is a chance to adapt a 93+ kit into a 91 NSX :wink:

all the best,
Nuno

I have a complete 91 kit coming this week.
I'll take detailed pics for you guys.
Trev

1994 Keyless OEM

I am wondering for those that have a stock system... did your 1994 come with a keyless OEM?

I looked under mine on the passenger side and I don't see the "brain" or little black antenna sticking out... I had an old alarm on the car which activated the doors (and alarm)... I have since taken out the old alarm, and I don't have a OEM remote to check to see if even I have a keyless OEM. So I'm confused. Did all these cars come with one? Is it in a different location like behind the glove box??? etc etc... Thanks Guys!

Thanks Trev for starting this posting and Nuno for the pics/ diagram. And everyone else for their input. This is the best forum. I gathered a bunch of the the OEM pieces for the entry alarm and have been side tracked to get to work on it. I hope to use the aux harness and a decent aftermarket remote. Thanks again for the great postings, this is the best forum period.

Bryan.

I have pics of a 91 that I need to post.
Soon
Trev

I have a complete keyless system that I'll be selling.

Here are the pics:

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

This is the little control box that controls the beep of the horn on/off and the other switch is auto lock on or off and you can manually disarm

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

The relay with the mounting bracket and rubber cover

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

The OEM led alarm active light

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

And the whole thing with the bits ooked up

DSC00348.jpg

Guys here is something I have just noticed and maybe someone can shed some light on it.

The box in my pics say's its a "SECURTY SYSTEM" as in here:

DSC00340.jpg

The box in Uhuz's pic says "keyless entry system"

Keyless_Kit_04.jpg

Now although the boxes look the same, the wiring harness is slightly different as, mine has a few extra sockets, one going to the small control box to switch between "auto locking" and "horn sound on/off" and "disarm" etc, I also have the socket for the OEM LED light and the end sockets are different on the wiring harness as I have additional sockets the plug into the car's OEM harness.

Also after removing the complete system, the car still has keyless entry!!! and works just the same as before but with a few differences.

The lights do not flash upon remote opening and close, the immobiliser obvioulsy doesnt work and the horn obviously doesnt sound if you try to break into the car.

So are there differences in the "security brain" and "keyless entry brain" also how come the keyless entry still works justs fine? and yes its all OEM.

Last edited:
Where does that little control panel mount? I haven't seen that in my car anywhere yet. Don't see it in the owners manual either. Is that from a different model Honda?

Last edited:
Where does that little control panel mount? I haven't seen that in my car anywhere yet. Don't see it in the owners manual either. Is that from a different model Honda?

I don't think the horn/light flash module and relay is standard NSX equipment. There are instructions for adding the horn/light flash in the FAQ, but that box looks aftermarket.

-Josh

I don't think the horn/light flash module and relay is standard NSX equipment. There are instructions for adding the horn/light flash in the FAQ, but that box looks aftermarket.

-Josh

That LED indicator is not OEM as far as I know - the only indicator I have is the one built into the top of the door. All cars would have that regardless of whether or not the keyless unit was installed. I suppose there be differences in the equipment since you are in the UK?

Strange that the keyless would still work after removal of the system.. It makes me suspect that there might be another keyless unit installed somehow?

-Josh

Ok,

Yes everything "IS" OEM even the LED light. I have a Honda hand manual for the system, but cant read it as in in Japanese lol

The Car it came from is JDM, the little control box sits up on the drivers side lower panel [the one with the foot well light]

I checked to see if there was another "Keyless" brain in the car but there isn't one enywhere?? So I'm going to investigate a bit more.

So here is what I found,

On the drivers side door there is a little extra control box looks like this:

DSC00350.jpg

When I hold the key fob to this ensor the door's unlock and lock!!

So I took the door card off and this is whats underneath

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

The cable from the sensor runs dow the door and round to the door lock switch on the interior handle

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

I removed the sensor and there isnt much too it

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

This is the complete setup for that system

DSC00358.jpg

The setup takes power from a socket on the lower part of the door.

Back