• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 NSX on ebay w/only 8400 miles! JH4NA115XMT000254

Re: 91 NSX on ebay w/only 8400 miles!

Seems like a fair deal to me........
Anyone want to bet it lasts more than a few days?
Most of the NSX's I see with under 20k seem to be priced @ or above 35k.

Hmm, it includes delivery via an enclosed carrier as well. Not bad at all. I would offer 39k to see if he takes the bait. Hmm, do I need another NSX?:) Btw, I bet he would go down to 38k if someone picked it up. Damn! I'd be all over this if I didnt have one!

Hmmm, less than 1/2 hr away.........
No, No, No, just bought a 2nd fun car.
Very tempting though.................
Just what I need, another lo mi. garage queen.
Been there done that..... Too many times.
No Thanks.
(& those wheels need to go back onto the Roman chariot they were stolen from)

Yeah, it would almost have to be a garage queen as I would hate to mess up the condition. I almost feel like if I needed another NSX as a daily driver, I would buy one with high miles! Btw, I am positive I did the seller a favor as I can almost guarantee that someone from Prime will snatch it up! Let's just hope it's really in the condition as stated.

with that mileage I bet it is safe to say (especially since it wasn't mentioned) that none of the age-based service has been done to it (timing belt/water pump, coolant hoses, etc) so you are probably looking at a car only fit to be a garage queen and one that would need a few grand in maintenance items to make it road-worthy...

those rims are terrible.:frown:

those rims are terrible.:frown:

I've to agree:smile: If they could afford to buy a NSX...I'm pretty sure ythey can afford to buy new rims and make the car look alot better!!:biggrin:

This is definetly a great buy for someone looking for a nice low mileage NSX. However, I have a technical question, is it possible for someone to disconnect the odometer on a NSX so the mileage can stay low? I'm not questioning this particular car but when I see a 16 year old car with such a low miles on it it's just kind of weird, you know what I mean?

Hmmm, less than 1/2 hr away.........
No, No, No, just bought a 2nd fun car.
Very tempting though.................

No, no, no. In the Ebay section of the ad it says it is located in Orange, Ca. 30 minutes from you. In their portion of the ad it says it is located in Visalia. The ad looks genuine enough, but why would the seller start the bidding at $200? That ad will end up possibly having a hundred bids before it even reaches $10K.

The only time I see FREE shipping on an NSX is when the buyer was transferred to Italy and because of the regulations and taxes, it is just too expensive to register it. Those guys ALWAYS ship it for free from Italy.

This is definetly a great buy for someone looking for a nice low mileage NSX. However, I have a technical question, is it possible for someone to disconnect the odometer on a NSX so the mileage can stay low? I'm not questioning this particular car but when I see a 16 year old car with such a low miles on it it's just kind of weird, you know what I mean?

I wouldn't say it's weird. I see several NSXs for sale per year that have less than 10,000 miles on them, sometimes far less.

IMO rolling the odometer back or disconnecting the cable at a number like 8,400 miles would be really stupid. People are going to expect a car like that to be 100% perfect and it's too easy to spot a flaw. It's just not worth it for the extra $2,000 you might get. What's the latest point the car would begin to show any signs of wear? 15,000 miles? 20 maybe? Not enough benefit IMO and too easy to get tripped up. Just make sure you check the pedal covers for wear (the thing scammers never think to replace).

I would wager that the 90K service has not been done. Very rarely would anyone do it with so few miles. That's why I'm a proponent of staying away from ultra-low mileage vehicles.

Maintenance gets deferred too often and the premium paid for such ultra- low mileage vehicles is not logical.

The reserve price is set around $39-40K I'm guessing. A deferred maintnenance 1997 with average mileage can be found for around that price, maybe $1,500 more. Unless a museum piece is what you're after.

I would seriously have to check the tranny no. for snapring issue.

I would wager that the 90K service has not been done. Very rarely would anyone do it with so few miles. That's why I'm a proponent of staying away from ultra-low mileage vehicles.

Maintenance gets deferred too often and the premium paid for such ultra- low mileage vehicles is not logical.

The reserve price is set around $39-40K I'm guessing. A deferred maintnenance 1997 with average mileage can be found for around that price, maybe $1,500 more. Unless a museum piece is what you're after.

This is very good advice.

can someone run a carfax on this car's vin? thanks.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just by posting the VIN, you've made it impossible for someone to run it. Carfax monitors this forum (and many others) for Carfax requests. Now if someone runs the VIN you've publicly posted, Carfax will kill that user's Carfax account. They mark the VIN posted in the forum and look for any hit on it in their database. If in the future you ever need someone to run a Carfax, ask without posting the VIN and just say you'll PM them the VIN.

Last edited:

How would you go about checking if the car is in snap ring range?? I spoke with the dealer and they had no idea?

How would you go about checking if the car is in snap ring range?? I spoke with the dealer and they had no idea?

It's in the FAQ, they need to check the number on the transmission case. The VIN is of no use determining this.

The dealership was not to interested in helping me find out if it was in the snap ring range. Gave me the vin # but not the tranny number
John

its easy to see...call/email the owner of the car and ask them to look. its right there on the casing (like a serial number).

the guy who sold me mine, which was listed on Ebay a few weeks, pointed out the number for me before I even asked...it shouldn't be hard to get, and you still have 5 days on the auction...

The dealership was not to interested in helping me find out if it was in the snap ring range. Gave me the vin # but not the tranny number
John

I would not go to this dealer--sounds like they have NO NSX experience. Apparently they can't even locate the tranny. :eek: The tranny number is right on top...:rolleyes:

Just by posting the VIN, you've made it impossible for someone to run it. Carfax monitors this forum (and many others) for Carfax requests. Now if someone runs the VIN you've publicly posted, Carfax will kill that user's Carfax account. They mark the VIN posted in the forum and look for any hit on it in their database. If in the future you ever need someone to run a Carfax, ask without posting the VIN and just say you'll PM them the VIN.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe Carfax has people on their payroll who are paid to surf forums...Wait a minute--that's what most of their employees probably do all day anyway. :rolleyes:

If my Carfax account was killed because I ran a VIN that was posted on some BS forum that I have nothing to do with I would be mighty upset. I would want a full refund or they would be hearing from my lawyer. A class-action suit would not be far off.

Isn't there any other method of obtaining the info, which is public record anyway? Or does Carfax have a monopoly? Someone needs to start a rival company and just charge half of what Carfax does. There's no overhead! It's just a huge racket.

It's only because the relative cost to get an account is so low that people just scamper away with their tails between their legs when a company tries to prevent something it can't. Carfax does nothing--they're like the credit bureaus. The whole system just runs itself and they have the market cornered while the president sits on a beach earning millions a year. It's not like the info is anywhere close 100% accurate anyway.

What about all the private forums? Many are. Can't wait until everyone figures out a PM or password method of sharing VINs. Carfax isn't expensive but it's certainly expensive enough for people to work very hard to dodge payment.

I think Carfax should be boycotted. :mad:

I've noticed some pretty good action on this car already (its presently at $31K). What does everyone think the car will sell for considering it was purchased last year for $41,050?

I predict the reserve to be at 36K and it will sell between 36k and 38K once the auction ends.

Jetpilot

Back