• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 Rio Yellow, 71k, JH4NA1151MT002538, Salvage Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 NSX Coupe
JH4NA1151MT002538
Rio Yellow
5-Speed Manual
Located: Las Vegas, NV
Contact Info: 702-769-7411, [email protected] (I will respond faster with email)
$26000obo w/ Work wheels
$24000obo w/ Stock wheels

This car is amazing as it grabs everyone's attention as you drive down the road. You can't go anywhere without having people chase you down to get a picture and ask about the car. The parts and upgrades alone come to a cost of nearly $20,000.00. The car runs strong, sounds great, and is a blast to drive. This is a car you can do the simple maintenance for the next several years and enjoy it to the fullest. This car has a salvaged title and I am an Extremely picky person when it comes to my cars. The lines are true and straight and the only remaining damage is the salvaged title. The car was hit from the rear and it did not do any structural damage only cosmetic. ( I do not have any pictures of the accident) That being said if you look at the rear of the car with the tail lights off or under the carpet or even under the car there is nothing that has been touched or corrected on the frame. The car was not repainted yellow from the wreck. A few years ago the previous owner decided he wanted a color change. It was taken to a premier body shop in California for paint, Every panel was taken off to be painted, excluding the black engine bay to give it the complete NSX-R look. I will not say this is a Perfect car as it is 20 years old, but it is in very nice condition throughout, and you won't find anything that gets attention like this car for anywhere near the money. The pictures look good, but in person it looks amazing.

You can find almost all of the parts at scienceofspeed.com and downforce.biz if you are unsure on the money spent on this car check it out.

The bad
-Drivers window seal has a tear in the corner, doesn't leak or make wind noise just is not cosmetically pleasing.
-The paint isn't perfect(I'm picky).
-I broke the steering reel cable when installing the MOMO steering wheel, does not affect the feel of the wheel or turning, but has made the SRS light come on which in turn makes the horn not work.
-The A/C fluctuates, some days it wants to work, some days it doesn't. This problem is directly related to the CCU (Climate Control Unit) http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67835 and can be easily fixed.
-Little tear in the headliner

MODS:

BODY
-FULL OEM 2002+ body conversion
-Oem Rio Yellow
-Oem 02+ Head lights
-Oem 02+ front Bumper
-Oem 02+ rear valance
-Oem 02+ Rear tail lights w/ "nsx" center
-Oem 02+ front lip
-Stacey side skirts
-Downforce NSX-R Hood
-Oem rear spoiler, and NRG NSX-R Replica
-Tint on all windows installed 2010

WHEELS
-Oem 15/16, 205/225 almost brand new
-Work Emotion 11R 17x8 18x9.5 215/265 Have about 1k miles on this set.

SUSPENSION
-Tein Flex
-Calipers painted gold
-Brembo slotted and drilled rotors F/R
-Axxis/PBR XBG semi metalic pads F/R

MOTOR
-Complete Wp, Tb, valve Service done by Autowave in 2008
-Wrinkle red valve covers
-Uni air filter
-Downforce Air Intake System
-SOS Headers
-Pride V2 Exhaust
-Test Pipes
-Exedy Hyper single Clutch (2000 miles on it)
-Tranny fluid changed with honda fluid in 2009
-Engine oil just changed with honda filter and mobile 1

INTERIOR
-Comptech short shifter
-Stock everything else

ALARM
-Hornet 2way alarm

Maintenance:
-Rear driverside Wheel bearing was replaced in 2009
-Oil just changed with mobile 1 and honda filter last month
- All clutch lines, Clutch master cylinder, and slave cylinder replaced in 2010
-A/C Condenser fan replaced in 2010

This car is mechanically sound, looks beautiful, and drives like a dream. I have been very active in the NSX community here in Las Vegas. My wife and I were a part of the NSXPO 2010 and it was a great experience, we have made some good friends for life. I will be coming back into an NSX in the future, but at the moment I just want to play around with other cars and other motorsports, and the only way to fund that would be to sell my baby.

DSC001952.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00288.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

Old Comptech exhaust Vs New Pride V2 exhaust
IMG_0386.jpg

Iphone audio, the sound is absolutely amazing in person.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/voFHDnz5Hzk?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/voFHDnz5Hzk?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back