• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92' new owner, new mod introduction.

Well I have been dreaming for a long time to own, heck, drive a NSX. I finally got one! I have been an Acura/Honda enthusiast for a long time.

I thought I would introduce myself with a new mod I did over the weekend. Had the idea for a while but had to get the engine sorted first. These are housed in the OEM lights retrofitted with 5 LEDs. Each with an approximate lumen output of 70lumens each. I don't plan on going crazy for modifications for this car. Wheels, quality tires, gtone formula exhaust and keep her clean and running. Acura did a wonderful job designing the car and I really don't need to mess with it. The DRLs are a safety/look thing that needed to be done.

I swapped out the Oem plugs from the turn signal and the side marker light. So it would fit the 194 bulb and socket like Oem. Now my turn signal is in the corner, so I don't have a hyper flash or need resistors and still retain a turn signal.

I have another set of lights I might do a little bit differently as I am not completely happy with these. But they look great and I am a perfectionist with my cars!

Almost there!

Pictures make it difficult to see the light output, but it's very clean independent LEDs.

I like how you taped the bumper before you started the light switch out. Those light do cause scratches while removing. :wink:

Nice, I'm always tinkering with DRL ideas...i recently did the solid strip look(ala the new Audi) but I want to get them inside the housing....what is the trick to opening those things up??? Lmk, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks gents.

I wasn't taking chances with the cost of painting. First time removing them and wanted to see how tight it was. Glad I had tape too.

The trick is a Dremel with a rotary disc. Patience and smoothness. That way when you are putting them back together everything lines up right for your sealant.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, I'm always tinkering with DRL ideas...i recently did the solid strip look(ala the new Audi) but I want to get them inside the housing....what is the trick to opening those things up??? Lmk, thanks.

Any pics for comparison?

Cool, thanks...I'll try that.
What sealant are you using?

Last edited:

Looks nice!

The problem with the housings are two things. Unless you fab a custom housing for your leds, the side maker reflector will limit how many LEDs you can fit. Max 5 of these larger ones.

The other thing is the amount of curvature on the outside edge. Must be a custom fit backing to have them all facing the same direction.

Yeah, looks like you'll have to do some cutting to get the strip to go the length of the housing....not really sure I want to do that...luckily the white strip matches with my car, so it blends in pretty well, but I still want to get them inside....

Love what you did with the lower grill. Looks very clean and enhances the modern look of the car.

Thanks, yeah it is a berlina black but recently did a pearl white wrap..we decided to leave the grill black to give it a more aggressive look and match it up with the black canopy and rear spoiler....it really came out well...

Do you happen to have any shots of the inside of the housing ???

what sealant did you use? And also it looks like you painted the inside black? What type of paint? I like that look... Thanks again.

Last edited:
I think I do, I'll check the phone and computer later and upload.

You have a few different options for sealant, 3m 4200 marine grade sealant is top notch, last years and years. Otherwise, any black polyurethane will be a good sealant.

Thanks, yeah it is a berlina black but recently did a pearl white wrap..we decided to leave the grill black to give it a more aggressive look and match it up with the black canopy and rear spoiler....it really came out well...

Do you happen to have any shots of the inside of the housing ???

Also, what sealant did you use???

Cool ,thanks.... I have some old integra lights I can practice on:tongue:

I'll keep ya posted...

Thanks for the welcome mat! I am pretty excited about the entire car, ownership, being a part of prime and getting the car back into optimal shape. It's all good!

Back