• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 red/blk, 153k miles, JH4NA1151NT000368

Asking $20k

Here is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VERY...iewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c12ca0cd7

PROS:

The paint and body is perfect. Not one scratch. Almost showroom condition. Looks and smells very much like a brand new car. The only flaw i can find on the whole car visually is the driver seat bolster is a bit worn (which is totally expected and very common). Has aftermarket headers and exhaust (sorry i dont know the brand, but it sounds excellent). Has aftermarket intake. Has Koni yellow shocks and Eibach springs which lowers the car 1" and improves handling. Has Pioneer DVD + GPS Navigation unit, and aftermarket speakers. Custom red matched carbon fiber interior panels (looks excellent and i cant imagine any other scheme to look better. definitely no longer want it to be the boring stock all black anymore).

The following was done at around 130k miles (i dont remember exactly mileage. i have the paperwork though):

Timing belt, water pump, ALL hoses for entire coolant system ($$$$), front,rear, cams, vtec, and valve cover seals replaced. Interior pieces, window trim pieces replaced. All O2 sensors replaced.

Valve clearance adjustment was done recently (150k miles?)

Extremely reliable car. Very little breaks on this car as you will see if you do research. Two things broke on me with this car however, the starter motor and the ignition switch. Both were not expensive to replace.

CONS:

In two years of ownership, i was hit twice. I was not at fault in both collisions. They were minor damage and insurance took care of it completely. Frame was completely not affected. The car drives perfectly straight and to be perfectly honest there is no way anyone can tell its been in a collision.

There is a flaw in the design of this car where rain water / car wash water spills down onto the motor in the engine bay. Water eventually seeps into where the coil packs are and causes them to rust and eventually fail. I have replaced allmost all of the coil packs. One of the coil packs is not OEM and has a different shape that causes the lid seal to no longer fit. It needs to be filed down a little for the seal to keep the water out. I will do this if not by the time the car sells then by soon after. This is not really a con just an FYI.

The car needs tires. BAD. The rear tires are completely bald with threads showing. The fronts have little tread left. Tire prices for the car range from $100 to $200 a piece.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I recommend the longest lasting all weather tires ($100 a piece) because even the tires with the least grip still provide PLENTY of grip for this car. Even with cheap tires, the car turns extremely hard and you almost need to build stronger than normal arm strength to be able to turn the steering wheel hard enough to break traction. This car is extremely planted and railed when turning. I've driven a mk4 supra, FD RX7, 300zx twin turbo (z32) ... nothing comes close to how this car handles and holds in turns. This car truly is a masterpiece and reflects why the street value is still relatively high for what it is. It truly provides the feeling of a go-kart more than any other car ive driven. It is extremely low to the ground and the driver sits very far forward in the vehicle, the majority of the car is behind the driver providing an immediate and very obvious feeling that this is not your typical automobile. Once sat in, it becomes very apparent there is no question that this is definitely an exotic, reminiscent of ferrari, lamborghini etc vehicles of that style and level of quality/performace. Make no mistake, you are basically bucking the system by getting $150k level performance for $20k, is essentially what's happening here.

I took it to the drag strip once and did 13.4 in the 1/4 mile. This means the engine is healthy and the compression test i did showed even and high readings across the board. The motor runs very stout and strong.

Last edited:
Back