• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 - 02 Coupes

With the Japanese thread starting to head south, I figured I would ask a quick question about Coupes here in the US. NA1s in good condition are getting harder to find, at least for me. but I know that there were a few Non targa NSX's made beyond 1995.

Does anyone know how rare they are or even have a count of them?

If so please link me. Im not a big fan of targa. I just want my NSX to have a solid roof and flip up headlights!

Everyones help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Look here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

95:
No coupes made.

96:
Berlina Black 1 manual
Black/Tan 1 auto
Grand Prix White 1 auto
Green/Blk 1 auto

97:
Red/Tan 1 manual
Berlina Black 2 manual
Monte Carlo Blue/Black 1 manual

98:
Red/Tan 1 manual
Kaiser Silver 3 manual
Spa Yellow 1 manual

99:
Red/Tan 1 manual
Kaiser Silver 2 manual
Spa Yellow 1 manual
Zanardi Red Coupes 51 manuals

00:
New Formula Red 1 auto
Berlina Black 1 manual
Silver 3 manual
Monte Carlo Blue/Black 1 manual

01:
New Formula Red 1 auto
Grand Prix White/Tan 1 manual

2002 - 2005 no coupes in the USA or Canada.

Last edited:
Your 96 Numbers are off... There was no blue/tan auto... It was black and tan, and is now Rio Yellow and tan! Well, two tone tan complements of new seatcovers. That one is mine and I've considered trading it for a 97+ stick.

At least the repaint was done well one it!

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02742-1.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

DSCF0861.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a coupe, don't wreck it, b/c it ain't coming back ;)
I know someone local that basically isn't driving theirs almost at all b/c they are near certain they won't find the other two silver's produced in 2000 :)

Yellow / tan! Interesting.

So these would typically have a black roof?

wow... I'm pretty impressed at how accurate the numbers are kept.

Those are incredibly low numbers though. I'm guessing there is generally a higher price associated with these vehicles?

if you are curious about the price, the 2001 white/tan 6-speed (the only one) changed hands not too long ago to member "whiteNSXs" in a thread here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106485

he listed the purchase price as well as the purchase story.
i believe it is the only NA2 coupe to change hands in a long time. another was the Zinardi "The Kid" found by chance and waited a very long time to arrange a purchase.

i believe, there are currently 2 Zinardi's for sale (if things haven't changed, or if they haven't sold), #44 and #49, both with signs of repair work, and the latter with a salvage title.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone would want a black roof? I mean, then I would just go buy an NA1.

NA1'S are only 3.0's and 5 speed, trust me as the owner of both...NA2 coupe's are the most fun and the quickest by all means.

Any folks out there who track the car / use on almost a daily basis know of any major operational difference between the coupe and the T's? Im personally not a big fan of the T's but Do they affect the cars turning performance on the track?

And those who daily drive, is there any problems with rattles I should be aware of? Cause finding one of these 21 manuals out there is looking as logistically improbable as importing a JDM NSX. :frown:

NA1'S are only 3.0's and 5 speed, trust me as the owner of both...NA2 coupe's are the most fun and the quickest by all means.
Just like the Kid, I also have a CTSC I/H/E 1994 NA1 5 speed with Type R gears and R&P and a NA2 coupe. My coupe is 50 lbs heavier than his Zanardi mainly due to the power steering I really love. I owned a 1997 NA2 T before. The NA2 coupe is extremely rigid. It does not even have the rear strut tower bar. I was told that the NA2 coupes also have the T's structural reinforcement hence the extra rigidity. The feels between the NA2 coupe and the T are night and day. My greatest gripes about my 97 T are the noise and the cowl shakes. The NA2 coupe fixed all that and it is even stiffer than my 1994 coupe. I could not believe how fast the NA2 coupe was when I first drove it. I drive my CTSC NA1 daily and I was totally blown away by the NA2 coupe better low end responsiveness and acceleration. 2 things I don't like about the Zanardi are the color and the lack of power steering. These are of course big pluses for some people. The power steering is particularly welcome in San Francisco since a lot of times I need to parallel park while backing uphill. This car is my fourth NSX and will be the last NSX that I will ever buy. I simply cannot go back to any NA2 T or NA1 coupe CTSC or not.
Steve

Last edited:
Just like the Kid, I also have a CTSC I/H/E 1994 NA1 5 speed with Type R gears and R&P and a NA2 coupe. My coupe is 50 lbs heavier than his Zanardi mainly due to the power steering I really love. I owned a 1997 NA2 T before. The NA2 coupe is extremely rigid. It does not even have the rear strut tower bar. I was told that the NA2 coupes also have the T's structural reinforcement hence the extra rigidity. The feels between the NA2 coupe and the T are night and day. My greatest gripes about my 97 T are the noise and the cowl shakes. The NA2 coupe fixed all that and it is even stiffer than my 1994 coupe. I could not believe how fast the NA2 coupe was when I first drove it. I drive my CTSC NA1 daily and I was totally blown away by the NA2 coupe better low end responsiveness and acceleration. 2 things I don't like about the Zanardi are the color and the lack of power steering. These are of course big pluses for some people. The power steering is particularly welcome in San Francisco since a lot of times I need to parallel park while backing uphill. This car is my fourth NSX and will be the last NSX that I will ever buy. I simply cannot go back to any NA2 T or NA1 coupe CTSC or not.
Steve

Wow that big a difference huh? Drool I'm really wanting a coupe but hate the flip ups. My dream would be a Zanardi with an 02+ conversion but I would only do that to a beat up or salvage one as not to take one of the good ones out of the system.

Steve

Well then... seems like the NA2 is totally worth it if I can find one. But sounds like that is still going to be an impossibility. Do you think the structural rigidity difference between NA1 and NA2 are due to the time and wear on the chassis over time or just the way they were built?

I love the flip ups btw so thats not an issue. Id actually prefer an NSX with the Flip ups cause playin with those is almost as fun as the car... well maybe not, but close. :rolleyes:

From surfing these forums for a while it seems like purchasing an NSX is something that shouldn't be rushed. And if the experience of an NA2 Coupe is really that mind blowing I think I'll stay in for the long haul.

Wow I guess that's the rarest NSX in the country! I wonder who painted the roof black as I'm sure it didn't come that way from the factory. Hmm would it decrease the value if this was turned into an 02+NSX-R:rolleyes:

There are alternatives to the later coupes...

1. Transplant a 3.2L V6 into an earlier 91-94 coupe or just get the 4.23 short gears like my 91 which felt alot faster than my +02 Imola
2. Make a Targa into a coupe like NSX Prime member Anil
3. Just buy an +02 Targa and love it (I certainly do...)
4. Save for either a Zanardi or rare coupe

Have I thought of all ideas?:biggrin:

I love my 04 but the thought of a stiffer lighter weight NSX just has me drooling. The targa conversion adds weight to what already feels like a heavy car to me. I've taken 150lbs out but the thought of doing a civilized weight reduction on an NSX already under 3000 lbs ( Zanardi ) come on what NSX fan wouldn't love that!

The Spoon NSX-R replica would get really appealing if the yen would go down:biggrin:

Back