• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'95 NSX Headers - expected hp increase?

I did a search re: headers and hp increase. I know it will make a big difference on pre '94 models, and mild difference on post '97. The FAQ says that only the exhaust tips were new on the '95 NSX. I know I don't have the cast headers seen on early NSX's, they look like headers.

My question is, how much hp gain can I expect from headers on my car? (Such as the Taitec headers)

Dave

1991-1996 original exhaust manifolds are the same, so the 95-96 models will have the same gains as the 1991-94 models. There may be some minor differneces in overall gin, due to the ODBII setup on the 1995-96 models, but not a direct result of the header install.

HTH,
LarryB

No, I don't have headers (at least I didn't install them). When I look at my exhaust, though, it LOOKS like a header with stainless steel pipes. That's why I asked if headers would make much of a difference on a '95. Maybe the original owner installed them. I've seen pictures of the cast headers on a '91 NSX - mine look nothing like them.

91-96 all have cast iron manifolds
91-94 is OBDI
95+ is OBDII

I think either you already have headers, or more likly you are seeing the heat sheilds. If you can see three individual tubes merging into one larger diameter collection point on each cylinder bank then you already have headers. If not, you have the manifolds.

Post some pics from underneath looking up at the oil pan and the area of the car just forward of that (use the flash) and we can tell you.

I'd guess you'd get about 10hp from just headers and 20 from H/E.

Back