• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 NSX in St. Louis area

Hi Guys,

First, let me say this is a fantastic forum. I've been lurking in the shadows for quite some time, and I've learned so much about these cars from all the many participants, and thanks to all for all the great information. Now that I'm finally in a position where I can actually get a sports car, I've narrowed it down to two possibilities; a Ferrari 308 GTS QV and an NSX. While my heart says Ferrari (I've lusted after one of these since they came out in 1976...nothing to do with the stupid ""Magnum P.I." thing), my head says NSX (which is superior in every way). Having been burned enough times following my heart, I think I'll go with my head! Anyway, this car has me VERY interested:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-NSX-NSX-T-1995-Acura-NSX-T-Coupe-2-Door-3-0L

As is most always the case with these E-Bay things, the car is half way across the country from me (I'm in NH, the car is in MO), so the logistics suck. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to recommend someone in that area who could perform a pre-purchase inspection for reasonable money. The car seems really nice, and checks all the right boxes for me. It appears to have been well maintained. The only thing that I picked up on was that there was no mention of the clutch having been replaced. The car has 95,000 miles on it, so should I assume it will need a clutch replacement if it hasn't ever been done (assuming "normal" driving conditions)? About how much (ballpark) does a clutch replacement run on these cars?

Finally, can anyone recommend a shop in southern NH/northern MA that knows these cars. I did run a search, but the results were from long ago.

Thanks so much, and have a great day!

Rick

You might also want to post this in the "appropriate Regional forum" and see if someone local can go and look over the car, send you some opinions/pictures, as well as recommend someone for a thorough PPI, if the car still interests you.
GL

The car looks very nice. As for the clutch,if it has not been abused, I've seen them go 130k miles or more before needing changed. The na1 clutch is pretty durable. This car appears well maintained though a PPI should give good info on the clutch. If it needs replaced the cost is between $1500 and $2000.

Back