• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 NSX-T Advice

Hi all-

This is my first post so I apologize if its in the wrong forum or if this question has been asked over a number of times. I will be looking at a 95-T this coming weekend with only 6K miles. All stock and original, Black on black and 5-speed. I think the dealer is way overpriced at $55K - $59K and wanted some expert advice on what is more in line in terms of value. I am thinking mid to upper $40s. Does this sound about right since I have heard you really can't go bu NADA or Kelley blue book. Any advice? Thanks.

The prices quoted by on-line services like edmunds.com and kbb.com are not really applicable for a low-volume car like the NSX. Even more so for a one-of-a-kind car like one with heavy modifications or extremely low mileage.

Most '95's sell for the low to mid forties (which you can see by checking prices on autotrader.com where average asking price is around $44K, with actual selling price a few grand less). However, that doesn't take into account the premium for a super low mileage car. On a '91, that premium can be around $7K (say, $41K for a pristine car with under 10K miles vs $34K for a similar car with a more typical moderate mileage like 40K). I would guess that the same would apply for a '95. Based on that, I would guess a fair price for a '95 with 6K miles to be somewhere in the range $48-51K.

Remember that you can use maintenance as a bargaining chip. Specifically, the timing belt and water pump service should have been done on a '95, as well as the other services that occur at 30K, 60K, and 90K miles (since there are time increments that have passed for those services).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 09 June 2002).]

Since 911 the prices have dropped on all specialty car, it's a buyers market. I think a good price for a low mileage 95 would be in the high 30's to the low 40's.
I know the market on porsche's have dropped to a wholesale level. I would offer no more than $42,000 I have a 99 and I would sell it for $ 50,000

Originally posted by hk4site:
Since 911 the prices have dropped on all specialty car, it's a buyers market. I think a good price for a low mileage 95 would be in the high 30's to the low 40's.

Low 40s, yes, for moderate mileage (30-50K), but not for ultra-low mileage (under 10K). High 30s, only for high mileage (over 80-100K) or poor condition or automatic or title problems, etc.

I know the market on porsche's have dropped to a wholesale level.

That's for Porsches.

I would offer no more than $42,000

Feel free to offer. But don't be surprised if you get refused. Also keep in mind that a seller may be less willing to negotiate with someone he thinks is lowballing him.

I have a 99 and I would sell it for $ 50,000

Post it in the NSX For Sale forum and you'll sell it in no time. Come on - you say you'll sell it for $50K - so post it! You'll post it if you're serious. If you don't post it, I think you're just pulling our chain.

It's doubtful that anyone would sell a 99 for less than $57 to 60K, unless the mileage on the car was rediculous for its age (50K miles+). A 97 or 98 yes, but not a 99.

As far as Porsches go, some of them like the first year 1998 996 C2 coupes are bargains not because of 9/11, but because of poor first year build quality and technical engine issues that have cast a pall over that particular car with P-car aficionados .

All later 996 C2 coupes are priced right where they should be, i.e. in the range they were pre 9/11.

Back