• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'97 Black/Black in Washington

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the '97 Black NSX for sale at Park Place Ltd. in Bellevue, Washington.
Here is what I know:

The car has had 3 owners. Original owner bought it in Carlsbad, Ca. in March of '97. It was sold in April of '02 with 2,300 miles to another California resident. From there it made its way to Vegas, then to Washington, were it has 9,630 miles. The pictures are stunning, and I am very pleased with dealing with Park Place so far.

The car is bone stock with original Acura car cover. I just found out though that the car is on E-Bay, but is 10K short of their asking price. If the car does not sell on E-Bay, I was going to try and fly up and look at the car next week.

If anybody knows anything about this car, please let me know your thoughts.

Also, spent some time yesterday at Acura of Riverside in California. They have a '99 Blk/Blk with 33K miles. My opinion is don't waste your time. The interior was pretty nice, as only the shift knob showed wear. But the exterior looked like it had been detail with 500 grit sand paper. No dings at all, but the chin spoiler was wiped out, and a LOT of rock chips. And while I'm still learning, I'd bet a lot of money that it needs a clutch real bad. They came down from 59K to 52K before I even got back to the lot, but won't Acura certified the car, so whats that tell you!

As always, thanks for reading, and looking forward to hearing from anyone who has seen the car at Park Place.

Tim

Sorry guys, didn't realize I put this post under cars wanted, meant to put it in the forums/prospective owners. Can the forum Nazi help me move this thread?

Thanks

Thanks Andy, forgot about that thread.

Here's something else interesting. Yesterday at Acura of Riverside, they were having a big shindig for being some double throw-down dealer of the year award, and some head honchos from Acura were there. When we started talking about a new NSX, several of these guys jumped in to locate a long beach blue/black. Andy, seems you truely got the last one!

Here's what they were telling us:

Acura has sold/leased 96 NSX's so far this year
There are only 18 sitting at dealers across the county right now, with another 15 in transit. Of the 18, 7 were silver.
They can't tell us what colors are in transit, or where they are headed.
The salesman tried to tell us that this is the hottest year ever for selling NSX's. When we asked then why is Acura extending the lease offer, there was no comment.
If I were to order the color combo we want, it would go into production in August, so they could not honor the lease.

Don't know how many of the above statements are true, but from reading some of the threads here, I didn't think Acura had sold that many.

Just some fun facts for you.

Tim

Back