• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 Monte Carlo Blue/blk 53k miles $44K!

I am posting this for someone who I mutually know. The car is extra clean with 18 inch Blitz rims and etc. The carfax report shows that the car is extremely clean.
If you are interested, please call (904) 463-3568 or (904) 463-3475 directly. Please tell the guy that you were informed by Yong Kim.

I wish I could take his car, but I am having trouble selling my car first.

Yong Kim,

Have you seen this car in person and is this the car that has been advertised in AutoLocator for months? If it is, I had a fellow prime nsx member on here check this out for me a few months ago. His report back to me was that in his opinion the car was not even in average condition and that it had many,many faults. Of course this is one mans opinion so if you have another and have seen it I would definetly like to hear yours.

cheers

Originally posted by nsx:
Yong Kim,

Have you seen this car in person and is this the car that has been advertised in AutoLocator for months? If it is, I had a fellow prime nsx member on here check this out for me a few months ago. His report back to me was that in his opinion the car was not even in average condition and that it had many,many faults. Of course this is one mans opinion so if you have another and have seen it I would definetly like to hear yours.

cheers

Thank you for letting me know. What happened was that I located the car in Autotrader.com, and contacted the seller. Through several conversations with the seller, I was informed and "confirmed" by him that the car was absolutely clean. Nevertheless, he "needed" the money quickly since he is downsizing his business. He told me that he would be willing to sell me his car for $42k since he was going to sell the car to the dealer for $41k if no one buys it by the end of this week. Nevertheless, the deal did not go through since I am in the midst of selling my car, and can't have the "full" money ready by the end of the week. Since I felt that someone else may be interested, I decided to post here.

I have never seen the car, but from his description, the car seemed to be in an excellent condition. If this is the same car, I feel horrible that he betrayed our mutally trust that the car is clean. I guess that it was a lucky thing for me that the deal did not go through. It's the car with 18 inch blitz rims, yellow break caliper, and WW front lip, and it's located in ft. lauderdale. Is this the same car??
If it is, thanks for letting me and other guys know.

Originally posted by steveny:
Is this by chance the same car that ecocar has had for sale over a year now? I no longer see it for sale here http://www.ecocar.com/

They did have a car matching this description.

No, that's not the car. For instance, the car that is in ecocar.com is automatic. His car is 6 speed.

It is the same car. Yet as I said it was one persons opinion on here but I did value it. ALso,when I was asking about it the asking price was over 50K. So if it is now in the low 40's it may be worth another look if you are interested.

I too have seen that car in person. It was assured to me that there was no repaint. when i looked at it, It has been repainted in several places. The chin spoiler does not match at all. The fender has been moved slightly(the holes did not line up). there are several small scratches all over the car. The radio and teh seat bolster is worn. however it is a 1997 NSX. so for 40k how can you really go wrong?

The car being posted by Tiger740 is Brian L.'s old NSX. I have seen and ridden in this car.

First, YSRman is absolutely correct - the car has been repainted in several places. The paint work is fairly obvious. The car also shows considerable wear and tear in a number of ways. In short, it is certainly not a mint car by ANY means.

However, it was a decent car that had no serious mechanical problems at the time Brian sold it. He sold it to a guy in Jacksonville last November. If it's now in Ft. Lauderdale it may have changed hands again...? No idea. Anyway it now has about 15,000 more miles than when Brian sold it, so I have no idea what may have happened to it since then.

If it's still in good mechanical shape and hasn't been wrecked, it sounds like a good deal in the lower $40k range for someone who doesn't mind a non-mint car. It has been in autotrader for months with a steadily declining price.

Back