• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 NSX vin:JH4NA2165VT000050 for sale

Hi Everybody,
I sort of stumbled onto this website this past week after first searching for a NSX 10 months ago. I can tell you, it's been a thrill to read about all the information in the threads!
I found this 97 NSX-T for sale at Portland Nissan as advertised in the NSX Prime marketplace. Does anybody know the story of this car?
The dealer has been great to talk to on the phone and have service records of the last owner. They sent me the carfax on it as well.
Timing Belt has been changed recently and car looks good (in picture). I'm serious about taking this one and will go down to Portland pretty quick here. Any words of advice or wisdom is greatly appreciated! Thanks alot and looking forward to joining into the forums here.

Shawn,
thanks for sending the article! I'll definitely read it in detail.
Not sure how i need to post the VIN #, but here's the details on the ad:

1997 Acura NSX Targa Top
Vin: JH4NA2165VT000050
Exterior Color: Formula Red
Interior Color: Tan
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine: 3.2L V6 (First year of 3.2)
Mileage: 47,812
Asking Price - $39,999

www.nissanofportland.com
thanks!

1997 Acura NSX Targa Top
Vin: JH4NA2165VT000050
Exterior Color: Formula Red
Interior Color: Tan
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine: 3.2L V6 (First year of 3.2)
Mileage: 47,812
Asking Price - $39,999

they did make 3.2L in 1995 special order, and they made it standard after 1997. but 1995 they did have 3.2L option!

Can't tell by the Photos the condition of the car, You should ask someone from that Region to have a quick look. I would also recommended that you have an Acura Dealer or a shop that know the NSX Inspect (PPI) of the car.

MOST IMPORTANT you require a Recall Clearance Letter from American Honda

Second Most important, is to make sure all the services were completed for this car age and mileage.

Price seems good...keep in mind that you have additional taxes when you being the car across the boarder.
Bram

Hi, i contacted Acura USA yesterday and the person on phone told me they would not give me a recall clearance letter to bring it into Canada. According to her, she deals with these inquires alot and they always tell the customer they will not give recall letters to people who want to export the car out of US. Her reasons were that they wanted to preserve the sales of Acura cars in Canada.
Exceptions being if i had a US drivers license or work in US.
I think i can get around this by printing out the recall listing from the honda website which i have now showing no recalls for this VIN number car.
Just a heads up for all those looking to get this letter from Acura USA.

GSR-CIVIC-NSX

The site I got this info from was in error. and as for my post's getting worse Bite-me.

I think i can get around this by printing out the recall listing from the honda website which i have now showing no recalls for this VIN number car. Just a heads up for all those looking to get this letter from Acura USA.

The trick is to get the seller to get the letter BEFORE you buy it.

They will gladly print out a recall clearance letter for US citizens who presently own the car.
The seller can just tell the dealership that their insurance adjuster requested it due to all the factory recalls lately.

There is also another way around this. $50 to the service manager at the local dealer and they'll print you whatever you want. Never deal with head office, they are a bunch of douches.

Last edited:
I drove this car a week or so ago, before I decided on the silver 98 in Indiana. It is a very nice car on the outside. Aftermarked exhaust. All paint looks original. Chrome plated original wheels just redone, and look new. Runs and drives great (second one I have ever driven). The interior is nice, leather is awesome. It just needed detailed inside. I am somewhat surprised the dealer did not detail it. Had coffee and small spills of crud in nooks and crannies. Also, the LED temp gauge set did not light at all, but the fans and such worked. The stereo dial had fluid or something inside of the window. These are minor things, like I said, the leather was like new, no cracking or other problems at all. I put an offer on it, but they did not jump. I paid more for the silver 98, but glad I did. It is on the truck now, and heading West, can't wait! Oh, the service records are with it and complete. The old license plate said "surgeon", good grief! Well cared for car with some minor glitches. Steve

I see it was sold last week or so. I forgot to mention the salesman, Chris, is very good, honest, and I would be comfortable buying from him. Steve

Hey Steve, let me know how the Silver one turns out for you...I almost pulled the trigger on it also, but delayed, and thus, sold to you....I am envious, but very excited for you...give me a PM when it arrives ....I hope I am in your position of excitement soon! I just have to be patient!

Back