• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97+ NSX vs 01+ M3

I am interested to find out from anyone who has owned / driven both cars on how they compare in all categories such as acceleration, torque, engine, handling, brakes, etc....

My 91 NSX is pretty much even with my friends 04 E46 M3 from a 60+ roll. It's give and take a few feet between shifts.

NSX7 said:
I am interested to find out from anyone who has owned / driven both cars on how they compare in all categories such as acceleration, torque, engine, handling, brakes, etc....

Try the search, as this topic has been beaten to death. Ive had both and the NSX is still in the garage:biggrin:

I had a NSX a few years ago. Then I got a 02 M3. All I could think about driving the M3 was the NSX. I now have a NSX again.

m3power222 said:
I had a NSX a few years ago. Then I got a 02 M3. All I could think about driving the M3 was the NSX. I now have a NSX again.

there you go!!!

i thought about selling my NSX last year and i test drove a 04 M3. Although I loved it, I saw 2 other M3s while on the test drive. The M3 had very strong torque and felt heavy (in a good way). I wish I could have both. Anyways, I don't think you could go wrong with either. Why not get the NSX now and when the new M3 comes out sell it and maybe get it? I still love the E36 M3s the best.

Drive them both, back to back if possible.

I have a 2003 M3. I used to have a 1993 NSX.

The M3 is a great daily driver and a lot of fun. It offers a lot more in usability and practicality over the NSX.

That said, it is only a matter of time until I have another NSX, and if the M3 has to go, the M3 has to go. It would be nice to have both, but if I could only have one, it would be the NSX.

The Kid said:
Try the search, as this topic has been beaten to death. Ive had both and the NSX is still in the garage:biggrin:

Yeah somebody just had a lengthy M3 vs NSX debate.

For the record I have both and you can't cross shop them. The M3 is allseason sportscar/coupe with a big trunk and room for four. The NSX is three ( although some do four ) season exotic ultra reliable. The M3 scares me as far as reliability goes. Too many horror stories on these ( M3 )cars and I have yet to see a bad NSX story.

Actually, I have a 91 NSX (summer car) and 01 M3 (summer/winter) - since I can't afford replacing the 91 with a 97+ right now - I was thinking of selling both and getting a 97+ instead (preferably coupe) although looks like it will be a tough find - and have a cheap winter car like a 2dr coupe legend - I am still toying with the idea but I don't know if I will miss the power in the
M3 when I will only drive the 97+ NSX in the summer - I know that the M3 feels a lot more powerful than my 91 NSX - but everything else, the NSX wins hands down

The problem is I can't just test drive a 97+ NSX because in Canada, they are very very hard to find and nobody will just let you test drive it for fun

my ultimate two cars would be a 97+ NSX and 06 carrera 997 4S but that's a long term goal

Any thoughts / ideas???

I used to have a 99 NSX until I traded it in for an M3. I would have to say that the NA2 NSX feels and is slightly faster than the E46 M3. But on the other hand the M3 is a much more practicle and daily usable car vs. the NSX.

Also after i purchased my 03, my brother and I lined up his 04 M3 vs my 03 NSX and I pulled a little bit on him 3/3 times:biggrin:

Last edited:
Erickgs3

I agree with you the e36's are the best. Specifically the 1995 OBD1. For the money it's a great car, perfect for a daily driver.

When I had the e46 M it had alot of little issues. Nothing mechanical, all interior trim/button/misc issues.

Maybe I'm old school but I like sports cars without all the fancy luxury crap. Personally I think one of the coolest interiors is the Lotus Elise.

Back