• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

99 window sticker info

JAM

Contributing Member
My neighbor just bought a 99 NSX-T last week. He was over this AM and we were talking about our X's and going over the records he got with his car. I noticed on his window sticker under TECHNICAL FEATURES, the engine is listed as a 3.0 Liter DOHC VTECH 24 Valve V6... strange because its a 3.2!:) <br>
Anyhow, I wondered if anyone else noticed that and if its the same on any newer cars ... of if Acura got themselves a proofreader since then!;)

JAM said:
I noticed on his window sticker under TECHNICAL FEATURES, the engine is listed as a 3.0 Liter DOHC VTECH 24 Valve V6... strange because its a 3.2!
If his car is an automatic, then the sticker is correct...

Actually, his car is a 6spd... so we checked the VIN and the sticker VIN is from a different car, as are all the records for the car the dealer claimed were for his car.:( <br>
I would hate to be the sales manager at the dealership when he goes in there tomorrow am... its a 1.5 hr drive from here so I am willing to bet he will be ready to yell when he gets there.

I am confused. If he has a 99 and a 6-speed, it is a 3.2. Who cares if the window sticker says 3.0??? It sure as hell isnt worth driving 3 hours for.

Basically he bought the car from a dealership that told them they had ALL the service records for the car since new ... they are in fact from a different VIN 99 NSX. He is pissed about being lied to concerning the cars history.

Back