• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A Little Performance

So I'm trying to continue my research (by of course searching a little) of the NSX and I would like to know what mods it generally takes to make a '91-'94 NSX run low 13s, high 12s. As I am pressed for time as I have to head out the door now...

Twinsen said:
So I'm trying to continue my research (by of course searching a little) of the NSX and I would like to know what mods it generally takes to make a '91-'94 NSX run low 13s, high 12s. As I am pressed for time as I have to head out the door now...

About half way down you can see different 1/4 mile times conducted by various magazines and different NSXes. Keep in mind these cars were stock. Intake/header/exhaust alone should make the 3.0L run low 13s, and the 3.2L cars are already in the low 13s in stock form.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/performancenums.htm

-Jeremy

Cool, I'd probably only want to do enough mods to run low 13s high 12s and I'd be satisfied with that power. Not really all into straight-line racing anymore anyway, and I have two bikes to run 9s if I wanted to anyway. :D

haha with I/H/E and some weight reduction, 2850 ish, you could do a standing 1/4 in the 13.0 range i think, your clutch will hate you though :biggrin:

khappucino said:
haha with I/H/E and some weight reduction, 2850 ish, you could do a standing 1/4 in the 13.0 range i think, your clutch will hate you though :biggrin:

Sounds good, that's about all I think I'd want. But I see you're from St Louis, I had just came back from there on a visit with my girlfriend to Six Flags. Maybe we could have met up and swapped keys for a few minutes to see if that would convince me 100% that I wanted an NSX. :D j/k...

Unless you'd really do that. ;)

oh snap, vr4 huh, one of my good buddies has a 95 vr4 with the rebuilt tranny, carbon fibre drive shaft, gigantic turbos etc, that car is retarded fast, i think nsx might 'feel' slow to you though, the accelleration is very linear and not back breaking like the VR4 can be

I'm not all into stoplight racing anymore. Especially with AWD, its a lot of stress on the drivetrain, trust me, I know from experience, and its why I don't race it anymore. I'd rather have a RWD vehicle over AWD so if I actually do have to go from a dig, I don't have to worry about breaking anything. But with an NSX, I'd be satisfied with low 13s, high 12s like I said. With the NSX, its more about "class", rather than speed. Although I'd like to have enough power to take slightly modded 'vettes (not z06) from a roll. :D But anyway, if things turn out well for me, and I could manage to get an NSX before October, we could possibly meet up when me and the lady come back up to STL.

Back