• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A New NSX Vendor - Pole 2 Flag Racing Is In Town!!!

Is a proportioning valve really necessary for the ABS delete to function?

a prop valve is not needed if you have OEM brakes which means, the brake system was designed for this car.
If you have a BBK that is NOT designed for the car which means they use equal size pistons in the calipers front and rear, then you should use a prop. valve to balance the car under braking. Equal size pistons in the calipers are not a big deal as long as you use a prop. valve to control the pressure balance frt/rear.
AFAIK, StopTech BBK is designed for the NSX which means they use different sizes of pistons in the calipers which also means they can't buy large quantity of same size calipers to take advantage of economy of scale. Thus they pa$$ it on to you.

FYI, personally I had the Dali ABS kit (see below) for over 5 yrs w/ OEM brakes w/ no problem at all. I just slow down if caught in the rain and I like to practice my braking skills instead of letting the $2000+, '02 OEM ABS delete kit doing it for me which acts slower than other later model sports cars I drove. IMO, its a $2k mod that I seldom use cuz I don't run slicks and its a mod to slow me down.

The Dali kit only comes w/ 2 SS lines and 2 separate brass fitting with the wrong internal flare connecting from the brass junction block to the master. The SS lines are long and touche the Cruz control bracket which is alum so the SS will rub against the alum which is not kosher.

I had to chase down additional two SS lines and fittings from Earl that connect from the brass fittings to the distribution block by the firewall to complete the set up attached.

None of the lines were the DOT approved good stuff and the mounting method was not ideal. Our ABS Delete Kit es "more" better and w/ provision for mounting a Tilton lever indent or a Russell Knob style prop. valve.

Last edited:
Tim, I would love to give new blade type ARB a try.
Is there any way I can get a set before Aug 26th?

Looks like I'll need to look into a proportioning valve then as I have Rotora BBK front and rear and the calipers are interchangeable so yes they'll have equal pistons. Man this is a game changer.:frown:

Tim, I would love to give new blade type ARB a try.
Is there any way I can get a set before Aug 26th?

The production schedule keeps getting pushed:-( I am just as anxious as you are Greg. I have been waiting close to 3 months AFTER I paid the initial deposit. All the material are bought :) Its quite possible that I may have a set w/o powdercoating but its not totally in my control. I stop by the shop every other day to ck the progress, unfortunately, this is how this kinda things go sometimes and we are in the middle of the racing season + I am not a big customer...yet:) The fab shop are friends from my Nissan days so I have to be patient. They will be done right...that's what I know. I'll keep you updated thru PM.

Looks like I'll need to look into a proportioning valve then as I have Rotora BBK front and rear and the calipers are interchangeable so yes they'll have equal pistons. Man this is a game changer.:frown:
We will starting working on the design for both the Tilton/Russell prop. valve very soon. If you change your mind, please let us know so Alex can take your place.

Gents, we have received the 1st 5 sets of ABS Delete Kit and we are waiting on the Russell Prop. valve to be delivered next Wed. so we can drill and tap the mounting bracket for the knob style Prop. valve so you have a choice of either Tilton/Russell at no extra charge. Unlike the Tilton valve, there was no info online for the hole locations for the Russell valve so we had to order one to be sure the locations. We will put in an extra order of the ABS Delete for Alex and we will be ready to ship before next weekend. Thx for your patient.

1. davidf
2. Brian
3. Richard
4. Sasha(under the bus)
5. excellon
6. Alex
7. SteveD

ABS Delete Parts List
(1) Mounting Bracket, Drilled & Tapped for Tilton/Russell Prop. Valve (Not Included)
(2) 16mm Alum Standoffs
(3) M 10 x 1.25 x 40mm
(2) M 10 Lock Washers
(1) M 10 HEICO Lock Washer
(2) Alum Square Spacers
(3) -10 Brake Fittings(1 Frt Master/2 Distribution Valve)
(1) -12 Brake Fitting (Rear Master)
(2) 90* Elbow
(2) ABS Junction Block to Distribution Valve DOT SS Lines
(2) Master to ABS Junction Block DOT SS Lines

Last edited:
We will have pix of the ARB set up soon. For now, here are a few pix of typical ARB 2.0 on 997, GT40, Alfa, Cobra, etc. you can Google Bladed Anti-Roll bars. As you can tell, its a fine tuning/trimming device by turning the blade, you can change the roll stiffness. ARB 1.0 that most of us have only has one rate and changing the position of the end link, you put it in bending which is a no-no in racing. Most of the set up you see in the pix are cockpit adjustable but that will add another $500+ and you need to find a location in the car to install which means not-gonna-happen for most of us.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm interested with the Russell Prop Valve setup. Please let me know when it is ready.

Thanks
Jeff

Not saying it will happen soon but we are busy getting other products on the market. We thought we could launch our 1st product the ARB two months ago but looks like we need another month. If there are 5-6 people interested/committed in this, that gives us more incentive to do a batch instead of an one-off. Lets see how folks like the ABS Delete Kit first.

Our guess is there will be many interested people willing to sign up but when the product is developed and ready to ship, they disappear. That is usually how these kinda things go as people change their mind.

We are making unique/valuable parts for a 20yr+ old car not to get rich as the market is tiny but to further enhance its handling capability that a few of us can benefit as well.

Having said that, we may do a non-refundable deposit to wee out the flakes. We are committed, not just involved, as making 25 sets of ARB 2.0 is $$$$$ but its a risk we are willing to take to share our believe in this car for those who understand NSX.

This is not direct at you Jeff but important to let everyone know our thinking.

Last edited:
Will your sway set have end links available??

I'll wait for the complete proportioning kit. If Alex wants my spot, give it to him. Please keep me in line for the complete kit {P-Valve included}. You know I've been wanting this for a while. I'm patient.:wink: I appreciate it., David. BTW, your stuff looks very high quality.

ARB 2.0 / ABS Delete Kit

Will your sway set have end links available??

Yes. It will be a complete bolt on with no extra parts to buy. The end links will be using the Aurora good stuff. Not the commercial grade. All parts will be high/race quality.

I'll wait for the complete proportioning kit. If Alex wants my spot, give it to him. Please keep me in line for the complete kit {P-Valve included}. You know I've been wanting this for a while. I'm patient.:wink: I appreciate it., David. BTW, your stuff looks very high quality.

David, I can't promise we'll have the complete kit w/ P-valve soon as we have a few product in the pipe waiting to be launched. But we will look into to see what it takes to make a few sets to keep it in stock within a month or two. I am hoping folks will like the ABS Delete kit so new folks will sign up. We like to get at least 5-6 sets made at a time to meet the min. order requirement. What you can do is to buy the kit now and don't install until the P-valve kit is ready. I am sorry for the wait, I did not know you have AF Non-NSX specific BBK.

Gents, your time is up. we are ready to ship all 9 kits before this weekend. The mounting bracket will be drilled & tapped for either a Tilton/Russell p-valve(not included).

The kit is $260 and USPS Flat shipping is $12.35 (even all the way to Guam for Richard:). If you are doing Paypal, please include 3% of the total price($260+$12.35)*3% California needs to add 8% tax.

Make sure your name and your shipping info. are current to help us to help you.

Any other ways of payment method, send us a PM. We also carry ATE Type 200 brake fluid on our website so no need to stop by Autozone.

1. davidf
2. Brian
3. Richard
4. Sasha(under the bus)
5. excellon
6. Alex
7. SteveD
8. adrenaline-nsx
9. synergy004

- - - Updated - - -

ABS delete as well. Wouldn't mind having this on the side for a possible new/next project

ABS Delete ready to ship.
Clear you PM plz.

Last edited:
We have 6 more kits ready to ship. The mounting bracket is drilled & tapped for either a Tilton/Russell p-valve(not included, see website for more detail). Since no one made any deposit on this part, its first paid first shipped basis. Don't lose your spot as we are not making anymore until we have more demand.

The kit is $260 and USPS Flat shipping is $12.35. For Canada or International shipping rate, please contact us first.

Make sure your name and your shipping info. are current to help us to help you.

2. Brian
3. Richard
4. Sasha(under the bus)
7. SteveD
9. synergy004

Last edited:
Back