• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to install CTSC, headers, Exhaust etc.....Any Advice

In the installation instructions it says.

Step 2 "Remove alternator bracket stiffener: New Idler Plate assembly will
mount to these three mounting points this bracket used. An additional support
for plate attaches to alternator adjusting slot. Transfer rubber grommet to
large standoff on front of new Idler plate. The M10x100 flange bolt will be
reused in step #5.

Step 5 "Install front Idler Plate: Plate mounts to (4) points
on engine, 3 of which are mounts from removed alternator
stiffening bracket. 4th mount uses a spacer tube
bolted to alternator adjusting slot."

Could it be the spacer below, 2nd from the left?

Mike

DSC00470.jpg

I must of read that step over and over again and I cant figure it out. I see no large standoff. The 4th mount is on left and that bolts up fine. The hardware 2nd from left is much smaller than that void.

[Looks great!! You are moving quickly. Was gonna send you a pdf of my shop manual but it is also for the 91:frown:
Could you please post a picture of where you hooked the vacuum line and the final instal of the bracket? Did you just cut into the alternator wire and extend it?
Will do bud. Looks like vacuum port goes to FPR as he mentioned. Once its hooked up and I know this for sure I will let you know.

Do NOT cut the wire to extend. Manual says to cut back wire loom by removing tape and peeling loom off. then you undo wire from harness about 10 inches. reloom and retape over loom.

Last edited:
I must of read that step over and over again and I cant figure it out. I see no large standoff. The 4th mount is on left and that bolts up fine. The hardware 2nd from left is much smaller than that void.

The 4th mount point they are talking about is on the right shown in the picture at step 5. It also says the oem rubber grommet gets reused on the front of the idler plate (Sending you pm). But it looks like it needs something between the block and the plate.

Mike

I'm not sure about your question but are you talking about this spacer?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153104

chudson is the man for hooking it up with the measurements.
Yes, exactly! That is what I dont have and it wasnt sent to me. I sent cody a email about it so hopefully he finds it (which means my car will have to sit idle until it does). If he doesnt have it, what can I do as a replacement?

The 4th mount point they are talking about is on the right shown in the picture at step 5. It also says the oem rubber grommet gets reused on the front of the idler plate (Sending you pm). But it looks like it needs something between the block and the plate.

Mike
That is my understanding as well. OEM grommet goes on spacer that wasnt sent to me.

Yes, exactly! That is what I dont have and it wasnt sent to me. I sent cody a email about it so hopefully he finds it (which means my car will have to sit idle until it does). If he doesnt have it, what can I do as a replacement?

That is my understanding as well. OEM grommet goes on spacer that wasnt sent to me.

I don't expect my kit for a couple of weeks. I would have given you mine and you could have found me another one. Be a while before i can install it anyways.

Mike

Sounds like RYU has a plan if you can't find one.

Yeah this thread is awesome. You probably think i'm dumb but i am going to get the TB and WP done before i install the CTSC on my 02 w/28,000 :redface:

Mike

That sounds like an awesome plan. I have records of mine being done already so im not doing that. I'm at 124K miles so I will do it at 150K or 5 more years, whatever comes first.
Read my signature and you will understand that putting 26,000 miles on your car in 5 years is unexceptable. :tongue:

Have you tried contacting comptech to see if they would sell one?

I am going to need a Low boost pulley and the elbow repair kit for mine.

Mike

We are extremely swamped at the shop, so we couldn't investigate the car for the pieces that junior was missing, the same day that he hounded us.

We got on it the next morning, found them. We will be Next Daying them on Monday.

Working on Easter Sunday.... what a joy.

Cody,
You didn't have to explain to us. We all know what a great bunch of guys you are at lovefab. I was wondering if you were the cody he mentioned :wink:.

Junior you hound dog :biggrin:, back to work.

Mike

So I finally had a chance to pick up my injectors fromn RC Engineering in Torrance, CA. What an awesome place and great customer service.
DSC00500.jpg

Clean injectors
DSC00501.jpg

Test results
DSC00503.jpg

Thats it so far, might install injectors and rails tomorow and as soon as the parts from Cody come in, I will install in car and finish her up.

Cool, so those are ones he gave you with the kit? Mine has injectors with it too but not sure what they are. I probably should get some cleaned and checked somewhere.

Did you ever say if this is a low boost kit? That's what i'm going with.

Mike

Boyz, if you have the time and money, get an AEM FIC and harness and some bigger injectors and do it up right.
I played with the Whipple for years.
I am so happy with the AEM FIC on my 91 OBD1

One thing I must say is that if you have a light weight clutch, you might run into troubles with stalling at lights. Thats what happened to me when I installed the comptech unit. It was so maddening I just didn't want to drive the car.
With the FIC, no problem.
Shad set me up with it and a map.

No more 10:1 or richer runs.

Thats just my 2 cents, and yes, these kits have been run as delivered as well with no problems, so just think about it though.

Then get a Turbo! lol

Trev

Back