• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

About to install CTSC, headers, Exhaust etc.....Any Advice

Boyz, if you have the time and money, get an AEM FIC and harness and some bigger injectors and do it up right.
I played with the Whipple for years.
I am so happy with the AEM FIC on my 91 OBD1

One thing I must say is that if you have a light weight clutch, you might run into troubles with stalling at lights. Thats what happened to me when I installed the comptech unit. It was so maddening I just didn't want to drive the car.
With the FIC, no problem.
Shad set me up with it and a map.

No more 10:1 or richer runs.

Thats just my 2 cents, and yes, these kits have been run as delivered as well with no problems, so just think about it though.

Then get a Turbo! lol

Trev
I agree with you but I have had Turbo cars and love the SC. Turbos make more power but more maintenance and headaches come with it

Cool, so those are ones he gave you with the kit? Mine has injectors with it too but not sure what they are. I probably should get some cleaned and checked somewhere.

Did you ever say if this is a low boost kit? That's what i'm going with.

Mike

These are the injectors from my car, I sent them to RC for cleaning. Cody did remove injectors from sellers car but I found one broken on delivery so I just used my own.

You can see yours are the stock 240cc units that came with your car.
If your running the low boost kit, then thats what you use.

If your running the high boost kit, then you need the 340cc injectors.

You should check to see what you have and what you want to run.

Check this by the size of your pulley.

Trev

You can see yours are the stock 240cc units that came with your car.
If your running the low boost kit, then thats what you use.

If your running the high boost kit, then you need the 340cc injectors.

You should check to see what you have and what you want to run.

Check this by the size of your pulley.

Trev

The ones in my kit must be the 340 because it is a high boost. Going with low so i guess i'll use the OEM. Anything else need to be changed besides the pulley?

Mike

I think I found the answer.
Front bank: 6,5,4
rear bank: 3,2,1
Does that sound right?

Also, I was trying to put the injectors on and realized one thing..I need to remove supercharger from lower manifold again because forward injectors rail wont go on with it on. I will do that tomorow.

Meanwhile, im having trouble putting in one of the injectors, like if seal is too fat. Stuck in freezer for 10 minutes to shring o ring a little and see if it slips on.

droped her in, now to bolt her down, hook up electrical, hoses, fuel lines and wire up the rest of the stuff.

2012-04-14_11-47-05_275.jpg

Note:
had to trim the plug that plugs into rear side of igniter for it to fit in new location. part that needed trimming is the underside of the plug.

2012-04-14_11-47-19_271.jpg

Last edited:
supercharger installed:

tomorow I will finish installing the fuel pump booster and doing leak checks....

SWEET!!!

What oil are you using for the SC? From what i have read it makes a difference. Some say redline 50 is better and others GM SC oil. Someone also noticed a difference with royal purple.

Mike

Wow, my old posts really do come in handy!
I take Paypal, check or just some gas in my tank!
Trev

She started on the first crank :)
That is always a good sign. Did a leak check, drove her around and went back home for more leak checks. Looks great. She feels awesome, I like it a lot.

Came back home and realized I left hatch open :dough:
No wonder neighbor was like "wtf"
2012-04-17_15-59-26_466.jpg

She started on the first crank :)
That is always a good sign. Did a leak check, drove her around and went back home for more leak checks. Looks great. She feels awesome, I like it a lot.

Came back home and realized I left hatch open :dough:
No wonder neighbor was like "wtf"
2012-04-17_15-59-26_466.jpg

Are you getting it dyno tuned soon?

Back