• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS Light and system

Hello, my abs kicked in today after braking hard in the middle of a hard corner. Then I hear the noise from under the hood up front, kind of like it's supposed to, according to the faq. It did it for a couple minutes, I pulled over, turned the car off, looked under the hood and fluid was coming out of the brake fluid cylinder, out of the top that is. I was close to home so I drove it there, the noise continued, then it stopped and the ABS light in the dash came on. Got home, the fluid was no longer leaking, brakes work fine, turned the car back on and the light went off. Seems to be ok, but the fluid leaking out of the top past the lid concerns me. Any thoughts or concern about this? Thanks in advance for advice on this. 92' NSX

Thanks BrianK, that's exactly what happened. Brake master cylinder was replaced about 4 months ago. Like you said, it just doesn't get a workout like it should. Thanks for the DIY, much appreciated!

Thanks to Dano as well. DIY complete and seems to have been the trick. Much appreciated, saved me some time and money. That's always a good thing!

Back