• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura lease offer on 04's

Terms and Conditions

2004 NSX Special AHFC Lease

Special lease rates available on all 2004 NSX models. Featured special lease: 2004 NSX (Model NA2164PKW) for $799.00 per month/36 months/$999.00 down payment. $2,598.00 total due at lease signing (includes security deposit, excludes tax and license). SUBJECT TO LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer valid from January 6, 2004 through March 1, 2004.

Offer valid only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. See your Acura dealer for details. Featured special lease for 2004 NSX (Model NA2164PKW). MSRP $89,765.00 (includes destination). Actual net capital cost $83,867.41. DEALER PARTICIPATION MAY AFFECT ACTUAL PAYMENT. Taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $28,764.00. Option to purchase at lease end $61,040.20. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 7,500 miles/year. Lease rates subject to change without prior notice. Offer valid from January 6, 2004 through March 1, 2004.

http://www.acura.com/purchasing/purchasing_index.asp

What I don't get is whats with the downpayment and risdual. There was no downpayments for 03 leases and the risdual was lower (59k I think). It was initially 36 months but later became 39 months on the 03's. At the end of the 04 lease in 07, I'm sure the new nsx/hsc will be out. Noway a 04 will be worth 61k. I'm just suprise at the lease, i expected the same terms with no money down and 12k miles a year. Guess will have to see in march if it changes.

WOW!

That is a good lease deal.

It's still look the same like the 2002-03 huh? Cool!

Sounds like Honda is doing a big push to clear out stock at dealers to prep for the HSC;)

nsxtacey said:
What I don't get is whats with the downpayment and risdual. There was no downpayments for 03 leases and the risdual was lower (59k I think). It was initially 36 months but later became 39 months on the 03's. At the end of the 04 lease in 07, I'm sure the new nsx/hsc will be out. Noway a 04 will be worth 61k. I'm just suprise at the lease, i expected the same terms with no money down and 12k miles a year. Guess will have to see in march if it changes.

Your right.

Toward the end of last year the lease deal on a 2003 was a little better. It was $0 down, $1500 due at sigining, and had a lower residual.

I'll bet that, if the economy doesn't take off, you will see the lease offers get better toward the end of this year too. Its only January now, Acura is just trying to make a better profit like all the other auto manufacturers. Right now, nobody is really offering any great deals on leases. That one is probably still the best one around right now, considering the price of the car.

Am I mistaken, or don't you want the highest residual possible for a lease? In essence, you are financing the difference between the selling price and the residual, so a higher residual would mean a lower payment.

If you plan on buying the car at the end of the lease, then the payoff will be lower, but your monthly payments all along were higher. They will get their $$ one way or the other.

Am I wrong?

LeftLane said:
Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong, when negotiating the typical lease, those are some of the things you fight to modify depending on what you want (lower lease payments, or lower buyout/residual at the end of the lease).

All we were noticing was that the residual last fall was lower, there was no down payment involved, and the monlthly lease payment was $799.

Right now, if you wanted to lease a 2004 there is a down payment, higher closing fees, and a higher buyout/residual at the end of the lease. So one would believe that the because the price of the car has not changed (much) and the residual is higher, that the monthly payment would be lower, but its still $799.

I'm not great w/ numbers but the interest rate too high, with the new lease numbers, there's about a 3k swing from 03's. :confused: at HFS (honda financial services)

Last edited:
Assuming that I've typed the numbers into the lease calculator of www.leaseguide.com without too much error :D we have for ~$799 payment:

89765 MSRP
83867 Adjusted Cap Cost (From Acura's fine print)
61040 Residual Value
0.00115 Money Factor = 2.75% APR
at 36 Mos.

Add tax of about $40/mo for example for %5 sales tax state.

2.75% Loan is a pretty good deal.

ooh, those sirens are calling me bad... Must resist, Must resist..

NAHHHHHH.

The only problem I have with checking this deal out is having to deal with a car dealer. Rather have root canal with a chain saw than get near a dealer.

In a lease you pay the interest costs on the residual value. There is no free lunch where Honda pays for the car while you drive it.

On 60,000 at 2.75% over three years you pay 4800 in interest on the residual and you pay 24k in principle and interest on the depreciation from Cap cost to risidual.

800x36 = 28800

Seeing these leases always makes me want to consider getting a new NSX. Then I think about having to give the car back, and think....no, I will keep the ones I bought. :D

Some Offer

I tried 2 different dealers in the MD/VA area (Pohanka and Criswell) for the lease deal. Pohanka could not get any cars until after the March end-of-deal date and Criswell would not commit to being able to get any car. How convienient. It does not matter how good the deal is if you can't even get the car. Well at least is saved me a chunk of change :D

nsxtacey said:
Radley has a blue on blue.

I saw that on autotrader, however neither Pohanka or Criswell listed any car available from any local dealer. Radley has a poor reputation on the forum and I wonder if they have a poor inter-dealer rep as well?

Back