• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New 04 lease even more money down

I'm with Spookyp that leasing a used NSX is a bad idea.

I've been looking hard at autotrader.com for a used 02' and the cheapest I've seen is 65k. This price is of course what they're asking and what they're willing to take is another matter.

Funny but most guy's with 99's and 2000's are asking almost what the 02 and 03 are going for. It seems to me they might be what's holding up a pricing spiral. I'm going for the juggular when I buy my NSX. I don't mind paying a fair price ,but there's no way in heck I'm paying for some dealers vacation and his kids tuition in a single purchase:D

My advise would be to lease a new '04. You have to realize that there are approximately 600 '02-'04 NSX's in the United States. that is not many, about 12 per state if you do the math. The only reason the '02 prices have dropped is because of the lease special. Considering the model year is almost over, I would guess there are fewer than 50 new NSX's to be had, and once they are gone, that is it. Once they are gone, I would bet that the price holds pretty steady for some time to come. It's all about supply and demand, and the supply is very short on these.

From the responses on this thread, it seems like everyone feels that the '04 NSX is the last year. Am I the only person who feels that there will be an '05 NSX that will be just a carry-over from '04 with minimal changes? The lease special was available for the '02, '03, and current '04 models. If the '05s do come, I expect the lease special to be available for that model year as well.

From what the dealer told me, there will be no 2005 NSX. 2006 may or may not come out with a 50k NSX or a 200k NSX. They basically said they dont know which route they will be taking.

Anyway, not sure if its true, but thats what the acura dealer told me.

Calvin

NSXNXT said:
From what the dealer told me, there will be no 2005 NSX. 2006 may or may not come out with a 50k NSX or a 200k NSX. They basically said they dont know which route they will be taking.

Anyway, not sure if its true, but thats what the acura dealer told me.

Calvin

I've spoke to many dealers, and the consensus is that they do not know. However, they were willing to bet that it will be a carry over with no changes. It's their opinion that if something was going to happen (whether the NSX was being axed or a new model intro) they would have heard it by now.

To lease an 02 or 03???

Generally speaking it gets difficult to lease a used car. You'd probably be better off assuming someone else's lease (if possible) and then deciding if you wanted to purchase it at the residual. The cheapest way to drive a new car every few years is to lease one, the most expensive way to "own" a car is to lease it. That being said, the lease deals on the NSX are attractive currently. The prices (cap cost) are negotiable, but like previously mentioned, it's all about supply and demand. When I did mine in the dead of the winter, in the NE portion of the country, they were just sitting on the lot, costing the dealer $$$, now, it's high driving season, demand heats up, the question of what's coming next, used ones on the market.... all play a part in what the spread is between new/used, wholesale/retail. If you're a buyer, find a used car you like, have it checked out and make the best deal you can, if you're looking new and want to lease, you can try to negotiate on the price, there is no $$ back to the dealer (like when I got mine) so expect to be in the 81-83,000 range at best as the invoice price is around $79,213 plus destination. I will say that when I negotiated my price, I had gotten as low as they were willing to go, so I said to the salesman, and finance manager, here's the number that I'm willing to do the deal at, you have until Friday at 4pm to close the deal or I walk. I was fully prepared to not get the car, they called me at 3:45 and almost 13,000 miles later, I'm still smiling!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Low prices

I have my 02 Red/Tan up for sale here and on eBay, but I'm getting cold feet due to the prices. A nice yellow '03 went for $62,100 on eBay yesterday -- gulp! So... I think I may be hanging on to the NSX for a while and selling something else (like the Miata). Probably for the best anyway!

Re a new NSX: in the past I think that Honda has been pretty open about new stuff, as long as it doesn't threaten their ability to move new product out the door -- not a big deal with the NSX. So this lack of publicity leaves me a bit pessimistic about a new NSX. It would be sad/interesting if Honda quietly end-of-lifed the NSX in the next year or two.

One more thing...

... I think that the NSX gods are trying to tell me something. Two people serious enough to call me to discuss the car in detail both sold their NSXs in the last 18 months, and now want to get back into the car. I think I'd better listen to what they're telling me, eh?

Re: One more thing...

mgeagan said:
... I think that the NSX gods are trying to tell me something. Two people serious enough to call me to discuss the car in detail both sold their NSXs in the last 18 months, and now want to get back into the car. I think I'd better listen to what they're telling me, eh?

Mike, you know that you love the car, get rid of the Miata, and drive the NSX, you already have the next set of tires ready!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the nudge, RPM, we'll see how the NSX gods let it play out... if the car doesn't sell, I'll see you at Watkins Glen in October:D :D .

mjg

Re: Low prices

mgeagan said:
I have my 02 Red/Tan up for sale here and on eBay, but I'm getting cold feet due to the prices.

I have an '03 red/tan NSX also and am getting a little depressed with the prices you and spookyp are coming up with. I have only 1800 miles on mine and am one of the few who purchased the car rather than leased it. But I think if I sold it I would sorely miss it and probably look for another one after awhile. I've had a '94, '00 and now an '03 over the past ten years. I really want to get a 360 but the maintenance and reliability issues really bother me; two issues that are the NSX's strong points. With a more powerful 430 coming out, I think I'll wait and see how much more powerful the 430 will be over the 360 and maybe I'll pull the trigger and finally get a Ferrari that I've always dreamed about. I hope I'll keep the NSX also but I don't have the time or the garage space to keep two sports cars.

Back