• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX Window Motor Regulator Rebuild. Lifetime Warranty? Possible Group Buy

What is making you consider this replacement? If your windows are slow to roll or pop and bind, it is almost always 99% of the time a window alignment issue. The motors rarely get weak or stop working in our cars. The problem is always finding a mechanic who knows the issues and has the patience to address them. I have spent whole weekends trying to align my windows and have been only 60% successful. I have even bought two new 500 dollar regulators which roll up as fast as they roll down, however sometimes they still pop and I can still hear wind noise above 60 mph. It is a real pain in the rear dealing with these frameless Windows.

What is making you consider this replacement? If your windows are slow to roll or pop and bind, it is almost always 99% of the time a window alignment issue. The motors rarely get weak or stop working in our cars. The problem is always finding a mechanic who knows the issues and has the patience to address them. I have spent whole weekends trying to align my windows and have been only 60% successful. I have even bought two new 500 dollar regulators which roll up as fast as they roll down, however sometimes they still pop and I can still hear wind noise above 60 mph. It is a real pain in the rear dealing with these frameless Windows.

Motor is just weak. It rolls up airtight, fits perfectly. My car is a 94, time for new regulator on the passenger side finally.

Motor is just weak. It rolls up airtight, fits perfectly. My car is a 94, time for new regulator on the passenger side finally.
If by weak, do you mean that the window is slow to return to the closed position? If so, that is a fairly common NSX problem. For a solution, use the Prime search function and type hugo or hugabuga. Hugo makes a retrofit kit that improves the operation of the window regulators. The price for his retrofit kit to do both windows is around $200.

If you get your existing regulator rebuilt to original condition, you will likely be living with a slow window in fairly short order.

Last edited:
If by weak, do you mean that the window is slow to return to the closed position? If so, that is a fairly common NSX problem. For a solution, use the Prime search function and type hugo or hugabuga. Hugo makes a retrofit kit that improves the operation of the window regulators. The price for his retrofit kit to do both windows is around $200.

If you get your existing regulator rebuilt to original condition, you will likely be living with a slow window in fairly short order.

here's a link to a thread I did about Hugo and some other great folks who help keep parts of our nsx's working well-

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190782-Parts-Fixers-and-Improvers-Let-s-Give-Thanks

Thanks, I've seen Hugo travelled has across the pond to do installs but my motor is dead. It's either a new regulator or a rebuild by these guys. I'm going to buy a new one but figured some guys would interested in having their motor re-torqued by these guys on ebay.

I messaged him & he is open to a group buy if somebody wants to set it up.

Easy to do Hugo kit with pully wheels and stuff.. Relube make sure aligned and it is much better.. Still not fast by any means but it is better

I ponied up and bought 2 new regulators. It was not the cheaest option, however the windows roll up as fast as they roll down. No pulleys, no disassembly, no day wasted, no bullshit... Just a few bolts and done. Then you can move on to other things...

I kept my broken regulators when I replaced them with new. Now the "new" driver's side is 11+ years old and I'm wondering when it will break again. Now would be the time to get the old broken driver's side sent off and repaired to have it on hand when I need it. Count me as interested.

I ponied up and bought 2 new regulators. It was not the cheaest option, however the windows roll up as fast as they roll down. No pulleys, no disassembly, no day wasted, no bullshit... Just a few bolts and done. Then you can move on to other things...

Smart idea.

FYI Hugo seems to have disappeared or something. He hasn't posted on here since 9/2015 and a couple forum members have complained that they have not received their kits after sending him money. Hopefully, everything's ok and he starts replying. I wanted to buy a kit, but haven't because of this.

Just got both of my Windows done by Window Motor World and couldn't be more happy. Lifetime warranty too so you can't beat that.

FYI Hugo seems to have disappeared or something. He hasn't posted on here since 9/2015 and a couple forum members have complained that they have not received their kits after sending him money. Hopefully, everything's ok and he starts replying. I wanted to buy a kit, but haven't because of this.

Remember, I have the hugo kits in stock if you need them!

Pretty sure NSX regulators are the same as a particular Accord rear regulator, I just don't recall the year... :(

Presumably that would have a different part number then, though? Otherwise someone would have cross reffed this by now?

Just FYI: You cant post group-buys here. Prime requires that the company becomes a registered vendor. You cant even post it to the prime facebook group because they will delete it. I know this from experience.

I find this on ebay. Has anybody has work done on their regulator by them?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-05-Acu...ash=item35eff62c5a:g:vV4AAOSwKtVWw5Yx&vxp=mtr

I sent them a message & he confirmed that they retorque the motor. I also asked if he would do a a group buy & was interested but unsure of how to go about it.

What do you guys think?

My driver side motor ate the cable and snapped. It was a hell of a mess. I sent it to this eBay seller for a rebuild. The turn around time was a week or less. It returned well packaged. Heavier gauge cable, all plastic parts replaced. My window tracks were pretty nasty but after reading the horror stories of putting them back in I just left them in the door and cleaned and re lubed as best as I could. Damn window is still slow but the regulator isn't at fault.....the tracks are. I tested it before I put it back in and it worked perfect. I'd have no second thoughts about sending this seller another one.

My driver side motor ate the cable and snapped. It was a hell of a mess. I sent it to this eBay seller for a rebuild. The turn around time was a week or less. It returned well packaged. Heavier gauge cable, all plastic parts replaced. My window tracks were pretty nasty but after reading the horror stories of putting them back in I just left them in the door and cleaned and re lubed as best as I could. Damn window is still slow but the regulator isn't at fault.....the tracks are. I tested it before I put it back in and it worked perfect. I'd have no second thoughts about sending this seller another one.

bumping this up, listing in post is no longer active does anyone have the details of this company my RHS cable and motor is shot

These guys may be an option - obviously not an EBay retailer.

https://powerwindowrepair.com/

They list the NSX as one of the cars that they offer repairs for; but, they may just list every model of every manufacturer. There was a post from a Prime user talking about trying their repair service; but, there was no follow-up so maybe the results were not satisfactory?

There is also this vendor:

http://windowmotorworld.net/

At least one Prime user tried these guys in the past and reported satisfactory results.

If you need a replacement motor, I believe that North American Honda Accords of around 1993 vintage use the same motor. You do have to be careful in picking the correct regulator because the Accord used both a scissors style regulator and a cable style regulator and I believe that it is the cable style regulator that has the correct motor. Note that this is just the electric motor, not the complete cable drive mechanism. Some of the cable drive parts /drum might be interchangeable. There were some suggestions that some of the Accord regulators were a complete direct replacement for the NSX regulator. Visual inspection of the 1993 Accord cable style regulator shows that it is definitely not a direct replacement for the NSX regulator - the cable exits on the drive unit are significantly different.

I had all this stuff bookmarked in case my Hugo repair did not work out. Fortunately the Hugo repair did the trick for me.

These guys may be an option - obviously not an EBay retailer.

https://powerwindowrepair.com/

They list the NSX as one of the cars that they offer repairs for; but, they may just list every model of every manufacturer. There was a post from a Prime user talking about trying their repair service; but, there was no follow-up so maybe the results were not satisfactory?

There is also this vendor:

http://windowmotorworld.net/

At least one Prime user tried these guys in the past and reported satisfactory results.

If you need a replacement motor, I believe that North American Honda Accords of around 1993 vintage use the same motor. You do have to be careful in picking the correct regulator because the Accord used both a scissors style regulator and a cable style regulator and I believe that it is the cable style regulator that has the correct motor. Note that this is just the electric motor, not the complete cable drive mechanism. Some of the cable drive parts /drum might be interchangeable. There were some suggestions that some of the Accord regulators were a complete direct replacement for the NSX regulator. Visual inspection of the 1993 Accord cable style regulator shows that it is definitely not a direct replacement for the NSX regulator - the cable exits on the drive unit are significantly different.

I had all this stuff bookmarked in case my Hugo repair did not work out. Fortunately the Hugo repair did the trick for me.

cheers for that have reached out to both companies, I think I need more than just Hugos kit

Back