• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura NSX Window Motor Regulator Rebuild. Lifetime Warranty? Possible Group Buy

Back in October, power window repair quoted $250 per regulator to completely rebuild including with pulleys like Hugo's kit. I'm going to hold off, since my car has the updated regulators and I think the popping noise is just a result of misaligned tracks and missing rubber feet on the guide. They seemed reputable to me though.

Back in October, power window repair quoted $250 per regulator to completely rebuild including with pulleys like Hugo's kit. I'm going to hold off, since my car has the updated regulators and I think the popping noise is just a result of misaligned tracks and missing rubber feet on the guide. They seemed reputable to me though.

If the 'pop' typically occurs once or maybe twice during the motion of going up (I never noticed it going down), it 'might' be due to lack of lubrication of the plastic spindle where the spool on the window glass holder plate attaches to the regulator mechanism. The white plastic spool on the glass holder is supposed to move smoothly horizontally on the spindle as the window goes up and down. I think it accommodates the curvature in the door. With lack of lubrication the spool sticks on the spindle. When you raise the window it does not move until the horizontal force on the spool gets quite high and then it snaps across the shaft with a fairly loud pop. I discovered this after I installed my Hugo kit, replaced the glides, cleaned the tracks ....; but, failed to lubricate the spindle. I developed the pop almost immediately, I think because the window was moving much faster than it did before. Taking the door apart again and applying some urea grease to the spindle fixed the problem. I think in the Wiki there is a copy of a Honda Technical Service Bulletin describing the problem and the fix (TSB-93-004).

Last edited:
If the 'pop' typically occurs once or maybe twice during the motion of going up (I never noticed it going down), it 'might' be due to lack of lubrication of the plastic spindle where the spool on the window glass holder plate attaches to the regulator mechanism. The white plastic spool on the glass holder is supposed to move smoothly horizontally on the spindle as the window goes up and down. I think it accommodates the curvature in the door. With lack of lubrication the spool sticks on the spindle. When you raise the window it does not move until the horizontal force on the spool gets quite high and then it snaps across the shaft with a fairly loud pop. I discovered this after I installed my Hugo kit, replaced the glides, cleaned the tracks ....; but, failed to lubricate the spindle. I developed the pop almost immediately, I think because the window was moving much faster than it did before. Taking the door apart again and applying some urea grease to the spindle fixed the problem. I think in the Wiki there is a copy of a Honda Technical Service Bulletin describing the problem and the fix (TSB-93-004).

My spindles are bone dry. I was originally planning on having both regulators rebuilt, but on disassembly, I noticed that the units are from 1995, which means this car had the regulators replaced already (probably from the TSB). They're probably fine- just need to be cleaned and re-greased. I also bought Brad's replacement guide feet (the yellow ones).

I installed the hugo kit, adjusted the tracks, and lubed everything. I noticed a significant improvement, but passenger is still slow...

Back