• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Palos Verdes Concours 9/14 - Sign Up!

Acura Palos Verdes Concours - Sign Up!

For the third year, Acura is the title sponsor of the Palos Verdes Concours d'Elegance. This year's show, overlooking the magnificent Pacific at Ocean Trails Golf Club, will be held on Sunday, September 14th. To celebrate this occasion, Acura would like to extend a special invitation to you, as an NSX owner, and one guest to participate in this esteemed event by showcasing your vehicle.

Acura will have a unique area to display a limited number of NSXs. Because space is finite, your earliest RSVP is encouraged to ensure your participation in this exciting opportunity. In addition, Acura will host an exclusive owner VIP hospitality area with complimentary gourmet food and a hosted bar for your enjoyment.

Acura's display area is designed to provide the best possible showcase for your vehicle, thus requiring some logistical set-up prior to the opening of the event. If you decide to participate by exhibiting your NSX, you will be required to arrive no later than 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning and be committed to leaving your vehicle in the display until 5:00 p.m. that afternoon.

The Ocean Trails Golf Club has been recently purchased by the event’s Honorary Chair, Donald J. Trump. As you stroll its spectacular fairways on the event day, you’ll get a close-up look at 175 classic, historic and vintage automobiles competing for awards in 23 classes, among them Aston Martin and Ford, which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. Meanwhile, as we commemorate the automotive industry’s excellence in the past, Acura will share its vision of the future by showcasing our newest vehicles. In particular you’ll be among the first to learn more about the all-new TL, due out this October.:eek:

Now in its 11th year, the Acura Palos Verdes Concours d’Elegance has become a Southern California tradition, and this year’s promises to be the best yet. Please join Grand Marshall Leon Kaplan, radio’s popular Motormouth, along with the thousands of enthusiasts eager to celebrate classic cars in a lively, spectacular setting. It’s an experience you’ll never forget:)

To RSVP, please reply to Steve Riter by e-mail. Signups will be selected on a "first come first serve" basis by the time stamp on the e-mail you send. As some of the people who signed up to display their vehicle last year, didn't show up, we are setting up a few alternates who should bring their NSX in show condition and will wait at the gate until the the cutoff time. If someone doesn't show (or is even late) the alternate will be allowed to bring their car in and display it. If the alternates are not needed there will be a special parking area for your car in the general parking area (where you can park your own car). Again, space is limited, so reserve a spot to display your NSX today! :cool:

Once the Display slots have been filled a limited number of free admission passes will also be given to the people who reply (again in order). These passes are also good for two people to enter the event and attend the luncheon (just not display your car) (as a matter of fact you don't even need to bring your car).

I will advise everyone who is a primary, alternate or guest after I receive the number of e-mails required to fill the list.

Thank You and Good Luck! :D

I live in Palos Verdes. Not sure if I can attend yet. If I do I'll let you guys know. Maybe us NSXers can get together afterwards at my Estate.

Caravan?

Anyone from OC going? Although we wouldn't have time to chat, I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere in OC and doing a caravan. Might be fun that time of morning
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif
driver%20dude.gif

Dave

Dave:

I'm in , and Lieber from Phoenix will be going as well. Let's definitely hook up for the early drive.

Acura is pretty specific that we better not be late, so I'm thinking we probably need to leave Orange County at what, 6:30AM? Also, having done this gig twice in the past, I can tell you that there ain't nothin' to eat or drink at the site in the AM. We'd be smart to grab something along he way.

RyRy210, are you serious - you have an estate in PV? Let's do it!

DaveG

Damn, too bad it's on a Sunday!!! It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!
:p

Gotta watch my Rams whip up on the Whiners that day......:D

have fun guys.....

>>We could meet either at the McDonalds or Starbucks right off the 5 FWY at El Toro at 6AM. McD's would be my first choice but I'm not sure if they're open by then.<<

Sounds like a plan Dave. McD's first, Starbucks for backup.

Dave

Who all is (registered) attending this from SD and OC to display their car?

I'd like to caravan with you guys, but I have to pick up a buddy in NPB/SM area. Is there anyway you can pick me up near 405 and 55? You are taking 405 all the way right?

If so, please let me know the time. I'll have my club radio on. Thanks guys!

Car has been washed after the autoX. Last night it got a coat of Zaino. Tonight it'll get some leather conditioner. Then I'm set to go.

CDub said:
I'd like to caravan with you guys, but I have to pick up a buddy in NPB/SM area. Is there anyway you can pick me up near 405 and 55? You are taking 405 all the way right?

If so, please let me know the time. I'll have my club radio on. Thanks guys!

Car has been washed after the autoX. Last night it got a coat of Zaino. Tonight it'll get some leather conditioner. Then I'm set to go.

Guess the car is not leaving that garage til sunday then?? You up for the thursday dinner?

I am displaying this year so would like to roll in a caravan from OC. I am off of the 405 and Magnolia exit. Can meet you guys in the Comp USA parking lot on Warner.

Tan

I am off of the 405 and Magnolia exit. Can meet you guys in the Comp USA parking lot on Warner.

Hey Tan,

I can meet you there once we determine what time they are driving by Magnolia. If I remember collectly, CompUSA is on the south side of Warner. Does it have quick access to the North bound entrance?

Meeting for Caravan

Ok, here's what we have so far:

- Meeting in McD's on El Toro/5fwy at 6AM to pound a McGriddle and leave by 6:15
- SoCal-NSX, DaveG, anyone else?

- I'll Call CDub when we're leaving and again when we're 5 minutes out from Magnolia should be about 6:30 - I think we're getting pretty good at this 'Blue Angels' style meeting :D
- CDdub, TantheMan, anyone else?

Should be fun guys!
Dave

Add my wife and me to the list. We will meet you at the McD's at El Toro and Bridger Rd. off the 5 Fwy at 6:00 (yawn) am. I will have my club radio.

do i have to wash my car if i go??
the event is to early that i can't park in the garage........
family doesn't like it everytime i start up the engine when i'm inside the garage......
everytime i come home late....i have to turn off the engine from ouside and push it in.........it sux

CDub said:
Hey Tan,

I can meet you there once we determine what time they are driving by Magnolia. If I remember collectly, CompUSA is on the south side of Warner. Does it have quick access to the North bound entrance?

Chris,

It is a very quick no light u-turn to get on the 405 on ramp from Warner.

Tan

ss_md said:
Add my wife and me to the list. We will meet you at the McD's at El Toro and Bridger Rd. off the 5 Fwy at 6:00 (yawn) am. I will have my club radio.

I will probably jump on the freeway from Irvine, off Jamboree/Culver. Let me know what time you guys will be passing through, I will have the club radio.

ss_md, like your avatar so much, took your idea also :) thanks to akira for the pic!

Anyone heading down from the West LA area?

I am...and I'll be displaying mine so I have to head down early. Vince, will yours be on display?

ss_md, like your avatar so much, took your idea also thanks to akira for the pic!

Awesome! (hmmm...maybe I should start charging for the use of my photos) :p

akira3d said:
I am...and I'll be displaying mine so I have to head down early. Vince, will yours be on display?

Eric, I was going to but something came up and I can't make it down early enough to display so I gave up my spot. I'll be trying to make it down in time for lunch.

Back