• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Palos Verdes Concours 9/14 - Sign Up!

Absolutely. Just about anything goes. As long as it's remotely tasteful. =) It's a pretty casual, enjoy your day out kind of affair.

SilverOne said:
I remember being pretty warm during mid-day, so you may want to consider dressing light.

I believe shorts are fine, as that's what I'll be wearing :)
Weather prediction is 89 for San Pedro, could be a little cooler in PV since it is on the west side of the peninsula. Morning will be in the low 60's.

ss_md said:
Weather prediction is 89 for San Pedro, could be a little cooler in PV since it is on the west side of the peninsula. Morning will be in the low 60's.

SS_MD, are you displaying your car?

Has there been a time or location set for meeting on sunday morning caravan?

SilverOne said:
SS_MD, are you displaying your car?

Has there been a time or location set for meeting on sunday morning caravan?
Yes and kinda.
Some of the So. OC people are meeting in Lake Forest and the Mickey D's off of El Toro. Leaving there around 6:15 nb to the 405 then we will p/u stragglers on the way up. You are off of Culver? I will have my club radio with me or you can PM me with your mobile #.

Has anyone received tickets and invitation for this years event? I was originally slated to display but had to give up the spot to someone else and opt out to become a guest. But I haven't received any parking information or anything... :(

Darkcyd said:
Has anyone received tickets and invitation for this years event? I was originally slated to display but had to give up the spot to someone else and opt out to become a guest. But I haven't received any parking information or anything... :(
I think you need to showup and Steve R. will give you parking passes and tix. You may want to e-mail or PM Steve for clarification. I received a packet a few weeks ago but there were not tix inside. The letter said the tix will be distributed at the gate upon arrival.

According to Steve, Acura provided wristbands instead of lunch tickets last year. Most likely, Acura will do the same this year. Either way, Steve will hand them out in the mornoing.

Clarification

Just a clarification,

If you are on the list to Display your car you shoud have recieved a package from Acura that had a Cover letter, Map, Schedule, and a green parking pass that says " NSX Staging Pass LOT #6.

You need the cover letter to get a wrist band that will get you into the lunch. and you need the Staaging pass to get your car to the display area.

If you are an alternate you should have received the same Letter, Map, Schedule and a Blue Reserved Parking pass as well as the green Staging pass (if you didn't get a staging pass don't worry we will give you one if we need yor car for display).

If you are signed up as a Guest, you should have gotten the letter, Map, Schedule, and a Blue Reserved Parking pass.

Remember to bring your letter so it will speed up the process to get your wristband for lunch. If you don't have the letter I think it shoud be OK, as Becca and myself have the Official Invite List.

I hope this helps

See you all tomorrow morning!:cool:

Steve,

for those on the alternate list, do we have a different waiting/meeting area in the morning? Or should we go to the display area (as I am caravaning with some people that are displaying), and only after determination that our cars will not be needed, then we can park the car ourselves in the reserve lot?

thanks,

Last Call

It's going to be a great day tomorrow guys.
Here's the SoCal mini-caravan

- Meeting in McD's on El Toro/5fwy at 6AM to pound a McGriddle and leave by 6:15
- SoCal-NSX, anyone else? Be there. We'll be the ones in the NSX's :D

- I'll Call CDub when we're leaving and again when we're 5 minutes out from Magnolia should be about 6:30
- Cdub, TantheMan, anyone else? Find Cdub and Tan or turn on your club radio.

See *yawn* you all *yawn* tomorrow morning.

Should be fun guys!
Dave

The alternates will be held at the intersection of Palos Verdes Drive and Ocean Trails (I think). You will wait there (with me) until we determine we either need you or not. Then you will proceed to the reserved lot and be shuttled to the main entrance.

I am planning to arrive at 6:30 to work out the bugs.

See you there.

Steve,

thanks for organizing the NSXs. Weather worked out pretty good once the sun came out. It was great seeing all 3 blues (Monte Carlo, Monaco, Long beach), and all 3 silvers (Sebring, Kaiser, Silverstone) together, and pleasure meeting everyone.

Just wanted to share a photo of the group. Apologize for people's car that looked mangled, it's my photostiching software!

fb166444.jpg

Taj ran into a little trouble, this is what happens when you show up at a concourse event with a dirty car ;)
fb165c90.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Steve and John for coordinating this event.

All in all, a long but fun day!!

Pics located here.

fb15fc5f.jpg

Thanks!

I would like to say I had a Blast!!:D

Most of all I would like to thank Acura (esp. Becca Sundell and Holly Light!) for inviting us to this WONDERFUL event:cool: For the third year in a row Acura treated us like celebrities and gave us a GREAT Lunch and open bar:eek:

The weather was a bit chilly in the morning until the sun broke through at arond 1:30. Then it was BEAUTIFUL:)

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who got up early:rolleyes: to drive out there and displlay your "babies" (that includes Selby;) ) I received many compliments from the Acura people about the display:cool: Based on a comment from Holly, I think if Acura continues to support the Concours we WILL be invited back!

Based on how we displayed the cars, I think we can have a few more than 20 displayed next year!:cool: Everyone loved seeing all the different colors (next year I WILL get a Midnight Pearl ) ( are you listening, Tim L.? ;) ) I want to thank Jim L. (SCS2K) for driving all the way from Phoenix to make sure we had a Monte Carlo Blue:cool:

BTW, Conrad sent me a note late Saturday night telling me he would not be able to make it and I just never checked Prime until after I go home. My Bad!:rolleyes:

I also want to thank George G. & Paul and Heidi for getting up REAL EARLY to come up form San Diego :eek: George's Imola Orange sure got a lot of attention (some he didn't want to hear ;) )

I also saw many of the folks who came as guests and didn't display their cars. I hope you had as much fun as we did;)

Overall a GREAT TIME! I have this on my calendar for next year!

Re: Thanks!

Ca AGNSX said:
I want to thank Jim L. (SCS2K) for driving all the way from Phoenix to make sure we had a Monte Carlo Blue:cool:

BTW, Conrad sent me a note late Saturday night telling me he would not be able to make it and I just never checked Prime until after I go home. My Bad!:rolleyes:

Damn, I missed all the fun. Sorry for the late notice Steve (Sunday morning at around 1am!). I'm glad you were able to get another MC Blue/Tan to fill in the void. A missed opportunity to meet Dr. SCS2K. I'm hoping to meet him at NSXPO.

I was hoping to at least be able to stop by to see friends and of course check out the beautiful NSXs and classic/antique cars. I also wanted to see the new TL. Was it there? I wasn't free until later on the day. And no, I'm not blaming my daughter on this one. ;)

--Conrad

Re: Re: Thanks!