• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura-sponsored car corrals - ALMS

Link to main thread --> ALMS Race Series - Car Corrals

To celebrate Acura’s participation in the 2007 American Le Mans Series, the Acura Automobile Division, in cooperation with the International Motor Sport Association, cordially invites the membership of the NSX Club of America to join them, at selected racing venues, to support the Acura Racing Teams.

The NSX Club of America is proud to announce:

NSX - ALMS Car Corrals

NSX - ALMS Car Corrals will take place over the 2007 race season and be available at the following Midwest-area races on the ALMS race schedule:

Mid-Ohio – Ohio – July 21
Road America – Wisconsin – August 11

NSX - ALMS Car Corrals will consist of the following package:

• General Admission
  • Paddock Passes
  • NSX Exclusive Car Corral
  • Hospitality Tent with catered lunch
  • Live video race feed on 37” TV in the hospitality tent
  • ALMS ACURA Team members “meet and greet”

Lets get a list of interested folks here, so we can get more specific input to the planning team.

For anyone who may have missed the threads from the Sebring event, here is a link to some photos I took while there. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85075

Acura really treated us like VIPs the entire day and it was well worth the trip from NY to attend the event. I am also fortunate to be able to attend the Lime Rock outing in my backyard and will post photos from that in July. This is a great opportunity for people to get together and will be an incredible experience for two lucky members who will be selected to get access to the hot pits. Whoever is going to win that prize and get to don the Acura Motorsports firesuit will have bragging rights for a long time in your region.

I saw this on RA's site a few weeks ago......

Car Corrals for Generac Power Weekend

Calling all Corvette, Porsche, BMW, Acura, and Mazda enthusiasts! Watch the Road America website for news on special car corrals and activities being planned for the Generac Power Weekend, August 9-12, 2007.

Also for those that have not heard, RA did some extensive cosmetic and safety upgrades at the track! Cosmetically the old barn, scoreboard, and silo are all gone. As is the Billy Mitchel Bridge (the one that went over turn 13) They built an underground tunnel large enough for semi's between the old bridge and turn 14. This is in line with the main gate, and the main road that leads up into the paddock now. Stay tuned for some new seating along 13 now with views all the way to 12!!!! Also stay tuned for Autobahn-like garages and retail shops up along the new paved paddock extension. These garages will be for autobahn type memberships as well.

Here are pics of the new area.... http://photos.roadamerica.com/gallery/2317236#136256136

I am at RA for every race weekend anyway, so count me in.

Im in for mid-ohio just kind of lost what it is? lol:biggrin:

Participation in the NSX car corrals will be open only to members of the NSX Club of America (and their guests) until the sign-up deadline. Any places remaining after that may be opened up to non club members.

Details about how to order tickets to participate in the NSX car corrals will be mailed in the next couple of months to all club members in the Midwest region.

If you want to be a part of either of these events, join the club (former members, re-instate your membership) and sign up as soon as you receive these details.

Just signed up for the membership through pay pal but it didnt ask me any questions. Do I still ahve to print off the sheet and fill out my info or what?

Just signed up for the membership through pay pal but it didnt ask me any questions. Do I still ahve to print off the sheet and fill out my info or what?
If you would like to share the additional information - mostly telephone numbers, car information, and your interests - then yes, you should fill out your information. But your membership will be processed even if you don't.

If your Paypal transaction doesn't show your mailing address, I'll be contacting you (that's something we must have, in order to mail you your magazine and membership materials).

If it's easier for you than filling out the actual form, you can e-mail me with the information or send me a private message. (I'm the one who processes the memberships.)

I'll be at RA also. ALMS and Champ Car on the same weekend... Should be a great time.

I am definitely in for Mid-Ohio.

I just sent my membership check (NSXCA) by snail-mail you should be receiving it any day now. After the membership gets kicked off, what should I do to buy my tickets and sign up for the corrals?

I am definitely in for Mid-Ohio.

I just sent my membership check (NSXCA) by snail-mail you should be receiving it any day now. After the membership gets kicked off, what should I do to buy my tickets and sign up for the corrals?

The registration packets will be mailed out by the regional representatives as the event dates get closer for each region. You might want to send Ken a PM to make sure you are on the mailing list although he is the one receiving your dues check so he will be aware of your recent payment. Nevertheless, we anticipate the event will sell out quickly so you might want to follow up in case a mailing has gone out for your region.

So is this on for tomoro? I never got anything in the mail. I would much rather attend this than the meet in Cinci. Can someone fill me in I paid for my membership a few weeks ago. :confused:

The registration packets will be mailed out by the regional representatives as the event dates get closer for each region. You might want to send Ken a PM to make sure you are on the mailing list although he is the one receiving your dues check so he will be aware of your recent payment. Nevertheless, we anticipate the event will sell out quickly so you might want to follow up in case a mailing has gone out for your region.

I'm sorry....I don't know Ken.....I would love to send a PM, but what is the name that I send it to? I just wanna make sure that I will be a included as a member early on....before the Mid-Ohio event.

I'm sorry....I don't know Ken.....I would love to send a PM, but what is the name that I send it to? I just wanna make sure that I will be a included as a member early on....before the Mid-Ohio event.

Sorry, I assumed everyone knew keN SaX. Prime member "nsxtasy". He is also the Treasurer of the NSXCA.

Please include me for the Mid-Ohio event. I just registered with NSXCA and also PM'ed Ken.

Thanks.

I registered a few weeks ago Im still waiting for my paper work and all that comes with it.....

Back