• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura Supported NSX tune

I've got a few quick questions for you all.

If Acura were to make the hardware and software updates available to 2017/2018 NSX owners would you purchase them?

If there was a factory supported ECU tune for all NSX's that gave 30-40 more horsepower and torque and kept the factory warranty would you do it? If so what would you pay for such an upgrade?

Sure!!

Back then .. Lotus did offer factory super charger w/ warranty for just around $3500 (something like that .. ) I still regret I didn't do it! (well, Lotus dealer was ~700 mile away) ..

If just software, it gotta be under $3k ... (I believe McLaren offered 25HP "updated" ECU for 12C owners free..)

Let's dream about it ... I don't think Honda will do that.

Last edited:
Even though the 573 HP seems perfectly adequate for a car primarily driven on the street, I'd likely be interested. I think it's more about bragging rights than actual performance, as I doubt 30-40 additional HP would even be perceptible? But it allows you to tell people it has over 600HP........ I wouldn't pay that much, as you don't get that much, but I am not well versed in ECU tunes and the costs for a tune...... For me, it would be nice to see that Honda/Acura did something to show that they care about the customers who bought their cars. That said, after seeing the "earth shattering" upgrades to the 2019 NSX, I'd guess this is little more than a pipe dream....... Although any efforts to talk to Acura about it would be appreciated.

And it seems to me that were Acura interested in doing this, we'd have seen this ECU upgrade in the 2019......

Last edited:
Well McLaren did it for free on the 12c....

I would 120% be in either way though.

That 600 hp mark is a big barrier.

If they can get over that and get the car to run 10.7 or lower that would be unreal.

I'm not an owner but could be....I have driven the car....I know you work for a dealer.....fwiw I would say yes..I strongly feel it should have a nominal cost.

I’m not a NC1 owner (yet) but would be on board with this were I to become an owner.

There is precedent with Acura supporting dealers installing Comptech superchargers for the Gen 1 NSX. If Acura wants to do this, COOL!

It would be nice if the early owners, having paid MSRP only to see massive depreciation, got this for free, then late 2017 buyers and 2018 buyers have to pay some nominal, not overwhelming fee for this.

If I owned this car, I would put nothing but Acura made modifications into it including exhausts. Given how complex this car is, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I appreciate the feedback. For reference Fabspeed appears to be pre-selling their tune for $3,500. Last I checked they were yet to crack the ECU per the representatives they have active here on the forums. To my knowledge there are 1000 cars in the US and 0 of them have a tune.

Just wanted to gauge what the interest levels may be. I appreciate the feedback.

Anyway .. any tunning is welcome!! need to pay or not!

Those BMW, BENZ, Audi, Porsche .. can get ~ 100HP .. even GTR!

If the NSX can get extra 50hp .. happy happy! ^_^

Even though the 573 HP seems perfectly adequate for a car primarily driven on the street, I'd likely be interested. I think it's more about bragging rights than actual performance, as I doubt 30-40 additional HP would even be perceptible? But it allows you to tell people it has over 600HP........ I wouldn't pay that much, as you don't get that much, but I am not well versed in ECU tunes and the costs for a tune...... For me, it would be nice to see that Honda/Acura did something to show that they care about the customers who bought their cars. That said, after seeing the "earth shattering" upgrades to the 2019 NSX, I'd guess this is little more than a pipe dream....... Although any efforts to talk to Acura about it would be appreciated.

And it seems to me that were Acura interested in doing this, we'd have seen this ECU upgrade in the 2019......
I agree. 573 is plenty. Yet over 600 would be nice. And I wouldn’t pay much either as Acura should support those of us who liked it enough to buy one. I’m not into tuning so Acura upgrades only for me.

I would replace the exhaust first.

Biggest constraint that can be addressed without voiding the warranty.

Better flow and loss of weight, WIN WIN.

To get the maximum from a "tune" the exhaust if going to have to be changed anyway IMO.

I am silently hunting for a GT3 exhaust as it should just bolt on.

Last edited:
I've got a few quick questions for you all.

If Acura were to make the hardware and software updates available to 2017/2018 NSX owners would you purchase them?

If there was a factory supported ECU tune for all NSX's that gave 30-40 more horsepower and torque and kept the factory warranty would you do it? If so what would you pay for such an upgrade?

I suppose it depends on how much $$ we are talking about, but YES I would be very interested in all of the above!

In for Tune...^_^

Subscribed...:nevreness:

I definitely would get a tune and upgrades. Nothing out on the market currently. I really wish the aftermarket would step up and get some support with this platform.

If its from Acura I would want 5 modes instead of 4 and have them labeled better.

1. Quiet
2. Eco
3. Sport
4. Track
5. Drag

"Sport" mode is certainly not sport mode on this car so why bother calling it this? I have also always hated "Sport +", sounds kind of childish.

Drag mode would be specifically designed to expend much more of the battery stating with the launch and ending at around 1/2 a mile.

If its from Acura I would want 5 modes instead of 4 and have them labeled better.

1. Quiet
2. Eco
3. Sport
4. Track
5. Drag

"Sport" mode is certainly not sport mode on this car so why bother calling it this? I have also always hated "Sport +", sounds kind of childish.

Drag mode would be specifically designed to expend much more of the battery stating with the launch and ending at around 1/2 a mile.
With adjustable exhaust for each.

If they’re playing with things... A new voice for the nav. How about a whole new nav system. Tried to use it out west and immediately turned it off.

Yes a tune under warranty, 100% yes!

For the modes, I think Acura should keep this simple and just have 3 modes like what Lambo does, maybe add a Quiet mode since it's electric but we rarely use it even now.

Strada = wife driving mode

Sport = valves open, daily driving mode

Corsa = track mode

I would be agreeable to pay between 500-2000 dollars for a tune such as what you describe!

LOL I'm sure they are closely monitoring what you would be willing to pay...
I’m sure they’ll be monitoring this site religiously for warranty fraud claims if a tune does come out.

agree

I’m sure they’ll be monitoring this site religiously for warranty fraud claims if a tune does come out.

I wouldn't even try unless Acura performed it or at least sanctioned it.

Back