• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Adjustable Anti Roll bar settings.

I was looking for some info regarding setting up adjustable anti roll bars and upon research i found this as a guideline.

• front setting on the stiffest ie. closest hole to the bend of the bar.
  • rear setting on the softest ie. the hole closest to the end of the bar.

The mount points make sure you grease them up otherwise they will get noisy!

Some guys even run with no rear bar, if this is recommended or not who knows.

These are just my findings. Pro Primers please chime in. Just posting this to save people doing the same research. Perhaps giving some explanation why these are the general rule of thumb.

This roll bar setting leans towards understeering especially if you remove the rear bar. Now most people at the limit would rather have a bit of controlled understeer rather than oversteer because it is more comforting rather than trying to catch a slide which is quite tricky and scary in an nsx.

DaliRacing basically says this:
"A shorter bar is a stiffer bar."
So if it's mounted to the hole closest to the bend, then it's the hardest (makes the bar the shortest).
If it's mounted to the hole at the end of the bar it's the softest (makes the bar the longest).

By setting the bars to your recommendations (stiffer front, softer rear), you are going to increase understeer and decrease oversteer. And as tbnsxt stated, it's usually a safer setup especially with the NSX's tendency to "snap oversteer."

Last edited:
Back