• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

Does anybody have specs on the socket screws for M5 center caps? Thanks.

M4 x 8mm

M4 x 10mm will work just fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels are going to a new owner.

photo-L.jpg

Alas' wheels' new owner chiming in. :biggrin:

Before any suspension tweaks the tires were touching the fender liners at rest! :O
DSC_4615_opt.jpg

Need to raise the front maybe a quarter of an inch to prevent rubbing over large dips.
DSC_4621_opt.jpg

DSC_4622_opt.jpg

DSC_4625_opt.jpg

DSC_4626_opt.jpg

Only bad thing now, is that the 18/19s made my car a lot higher. The rear looks like a 4x4. Desperately need side skirts and a rear valence. I guess it's good that I don't scrape frame over speedbumps though. Too bad I already cracked my front lip, and only after 3 days of driving.

Last edited:
Hey guys I am getting my Model 5's back tomorrow and can't wait to see the out come. It will be the first and only set of Model 5's in this new finish that I am doing. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the Caps. Had to take it off and apart to redo the center outer rings as well. :smile:

IMG_0500.jpg

JS2k - what sizing and offsets did you get again? Looks really good! and that wheel gap is hardly 4x4. It's respectable!

Wheels are 18x8 ET30 and 19x10ET19 refinished in hypersilver.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea these were for sale and your so close to me. I think I may throw up.:frown:

Sorry David. JS2K had brand new Advan RSii wheels available so we made the swap.
18x8.5+40, GTR Face, Hyper Black
19x10+35, GTR Face, Hyper Black

I still miss the Model 5s but have a smaller set refinished in hypersilver (17x7 ET35 and 18x9 ET35). Have not decided if I will keep or sell my 17/18 set. These are great for looks and performance along with a ton of tire options.

What do you guys think about my Model 5's new finish? Bright Silver with a Machine face/lip. The only Advan AVS Model 5's in this finish :biggrin:. Here's a few picture I took after I came home from picking them up. It look so nasty outside today that the picture doesn't really show the shine of the wheels and how nice it really looks. I will take better pictures once I get the tires mount and balance.

All 4 wheels
IMG_0514.jpg

Front two.
IMG_0516.jpg

Two rears.
IMG_0517.jpg

Looks sweet so far. Sizes and offsets?!

I'm sure they will look perfect on the car

17x8 et30 front and 18x10 et19 rears

Looks like shit. You should sell it....to me !!

Lol... Come get em :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a couple more picture of the wheels test fitted on the car :biggrin:. Pretty damn flush if you ask me. Lowered on Kw's Coilover. 1.5' drop.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Picture of the front test fitting.

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Front sticks in 1/2 of an inch from my DF fenders and the rears sticks in a less than a 1/4 or maybe a 1/4 of and inch from the rear fenders. With those Advan AD08 wide tires they should make it sit really nice and flush. :wink:

Pictures be up tomorrow after it get mounted.

Last edited:
Wheels are 18x8 ET30 and 19x10ET19 refinished in hypersilver.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry David. JS2K had brand new Advan RSii wheels available so we made the swap.
18x8.5+40, GTR Face, Hyper Black
19x10+35, GTR Face, Hyper Black

I still miss the Model 5s but have a smaller set refinished in hypersilver (17x7 ET35 and 18x9 ET35). Have not decided if I will keep or sell my 17/18 set. These are great for looks and performance along with a ton of tire options.

18x8 +30 and 19x10 +19 is the perfect flush fitment IMO. They look just aggressive enough without any issues with fitment. I didn't even have to dial in any extra camber.
Although I'm thinking about trying more negative camber in the rear and lowering it more. The fronts are a lost cause since there's not much room even if you add more camber. Still need to raise the front a quarter inch to avoid rubbing.

Haha, even though I was in the preorder for the RSiis, the Model 5s bugged the crap out of me every time I saw a picture. I wasn't going to consider any trades, but Jose offered the ONE wheel I wanted.

18x8 +30 and 19x10 +19 is the perfect flush fitment IMO. They look just aggressive enough without any issues with fitment. I didn't even have to dial in any extra camber.
Although I'm thinking about trying more negative camber in the rear and lowering it more. The fronts are a lost cause since there's not much room even if you add more camber. Still need to raise the front a quarter inch to avoid rubbing.

Haha, even though I was in the preorder for the RSiis, the Model 5s bugged the crap out of me every time I saw a picture. I wasn't going to consider any trades, but Jose offered the ONE wheel I wanted.

Just so people aren't misled, I want to clarify that JS2K means, "Perfect flush fitment in HIS situaton" This may not work for all people. It all depends on current camber/tire brand/size/ride height, etc. I definitely cannot pull off +19 in my rear.

Why not with a lil camber I think you can .

Just so people aren't misled, I want to clarify that JS2K means, "Perfect flush fitment in HIS situaton" This may not work for all people. It all depends on current camber/tire brand/size/ride height, etc. I definitely cannot pull off +19 in my rear.

So what are your final offsets?

Back