• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

I am going to be rolling on the same sizes and offsets soon as well. Except mine will be a custom dark ghost chrome color. How do the 265's fit. I was thinking of going 255/35

The 265's rear fits fine. No rubbing or touching wheel arc for me if thats your concern.

However, I'm not sure if going 255/35/18 will cause the TCS activation or not.

Comparing Front to Rear wheel diameter ratio, the original tire sizes (for 1991 model) has ratio of 0.928.
I know a ratio of 0.938 or 0.940 works and doesn't cause TCS activation.
But a ratio of 0.993 does!!

With the 215/40/17 F and 255/35/18 R, the ratio will be 0.949 or 0.950

Perhaps someone might know or has used this combination before:)

This is the.. "I forgot to take off my front license plate before taking pics pic"
NSX-2.jpg

amazing ryu

sorry , im new to the forum , do you guys call them model 5 for being easier or because you got used to it , cause they really t5 not the model 5
Jonathan - The set you have for sale are the early generation AVS Model 5s. There was a revision to this design that is the topic of this thread. The T5 is a totally different wheel entirely.

Early Model 5 (Your set)
tzgAjSV50jsd2.JPG

Last Model 5 (topic of this thread)
4813.jpg

Currently available T5
advan-avs-model-t5-bronze.png

---------------------------------
Just to prove these wheels are not All Show. We conducted an all-day dyno session to test out the RS*R Ran Up (oil additive) product. Some surprising and positive results to share soon.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJdPBmwfXEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ok, thanks , do you know why was the revision for in these , i know the early ones came on the stillen 300zx

Jonathan - The set you have for sale are the early generation AVS Model 5s. There was a revision to this design that is the topic of this thread. The T5 is a totally different wheel entirely.

Early Model 5 (Your set)
tzgAjSV50jsd2.JPG

Last Model 5 (topic of this thread)
4813.jpg

Currently available T5
advan-avs-model-t5-bronze.png

---------------------------------
Just to prove these wheels are not All Show. We conducted an all-day dyno session to test out the RS*R Ran Up (oil additive) product. Some surprising and positive results to share soon.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJdPBmwfXEg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Because the 2nd version of Model 5 looks 10x's better!!! :D

with small detail changes to the T5 and the drastic change from the first model. the Model 5's are the best. That small tappered design and center face area makes a huge diff.

guess its all about taste , i like the first version better , looks cleaner and the 2 version looks more like the t5 , maybe it was a thing of weight , gotta check the early ones and compare to the second ,i guees now i gotta become a wheel whore cause im going for the lmgt4s and have to keep these ones

Because the 2nd version of Model 5 looks 10x's better!!! :D

Back