• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

Chris, now it is growing on me. I have never liked this wing on NSXs or any car. Maybe because the ones with it do not have an already aggressive stance or they are sitting with a gap between fender and tire. I have to say now this works.

Diddy
You now heard it from me lol.

I heard the owners of these wheels are very lame people. Also, if you own more then one set your super lame.

Thanks guys, glad to have the approval of the Don and you other MoFO's (that's MOdel Five Organization). LOL

No spacers, they are just aggressive fitment at 17x8 +30, 18x10 +19 with AD08 tires which run very wide (and the rear has to be set pretty low to get the tire to tuck in though I dial out as much camber as I can during alignment). We'll see if I end up keeping them/selling them/trading them. The best thing about these wheels aside from looking at home on the car is that they are 17/18 but look like 18/19-- so they are smaller/lighter and your tire selection is excellent unlike 18/19. Also you get to keep a higher profile tire which adds some protection and is nice for daily driving/ride quality. Plus it's kinda cool to have Yokohama Advan tires and Advan wheels together!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, glad to have the approval of the Don and you other MoFO's (that's MOdel Five Organization). LOL No spacers, they are just aggressive fitment at 17x8 +30, 18x10 +19 with AD08 tires which run very wide (and the rear has to be set pretty low to get the tire to tuck in though I dial out as much camber as I can during alignment). We'll see if I end up keeping them/selling them/trading them. The best thing about these wheels aside from looking at home on the car is that they are 17/18 but look like 18/19-- so they are smaller/lighter and your tire selection is excellent unlike 18/19. Also you get to keep a higher profile tire which adds some protection and is nice for daily driving/ride quality. Plus it's kinda cool to have Yokohama Advan tires and Advan wheels together!

If you sell those, the Don no longer approves and will no longer consider parting with 05' spare body panels for you ;)

Damn the Don likes to throw his weight around for initiation!! This club is like an L.A. gang... you in it fo' life Essey! LOL

02+ front conversion coming? :)

If you sell those, the Don no longer approves and will no longer consider parting with 05' spare body panels for you ;)

17x8 +30, 18x10 +19 ... i think that's amongst the more aggressive setups .... looks GREAT. no rubbing at all though?

^^^With a lil camber and proper tires there should be no rub, I hand picked those offsets in Japan lol

ado8s do run wider than other tires of the same specs

Last edited:
^^^With a lil camber and proper tires there should be no rub, I hand picked those offsets in Japan lol

ado8s do run wider than other tires of the same specs

You have a set coming as well?! Lol this is awesome.

I think the mod 5s are the new oem Nsx wheel.

Those were my wheels, I gave up my model 5s dreams for mugen nightmares

Lol. There is a slight rubbing in front as I dial out as much camber as I can, and am running the wide extreme performance tires. Many ways to make that zero though- add camber, change tires, raise the front a bit, etc. Will probably add some camber for now though, maybe 0.5 to 1 degree. Or I could finally install my DF wide fenders and 02 Type R conversion... Hopefully soon.

Lol. There is a slight rubbing in front as I dial out as much camber as I can, and am running the wide extreme performance tires. Many ways to make that zero though- add camber, change tires, raise the front a bit, etc. Will probably add some camber for now though, maybe 0.5 to 1 degree. Or I could finally install my DF wide fenders and 02 Type R conversion... Hopefully soon.
I like to run max neg camber in the front anyway so performance wise, why not? Just a thought...

The rears wear out so much faster with an aggressive toe that my fronts, even at max camber, seem like they take forever to wear out. That may solve your rubbing issues in the front.

Yes absolutely correct, my rear toe is usually set to zero for that very reason but the front setup I usually leave per the oem specs as I learned my lesson when I changed the settings. Toe is the main culprit for tire wear and I reduce the camber to supplement extended tire life and because I prefer the the look and mostly do freeway driving. I will see how these work after alignment and report back. Hoping to have it all- good looks, good tires, and good performance.

Looks good Aamir! I'm not usually a fan of the 17/18 but it looks great on your car!

-Ravi

922842_479118398834955_502440302_n.jpg

Just noticed a nice bend in my wheels. I'm guessing these wheels aren't forged. But the weirdest thing is that I don't remember hitting a pothole at all! @#$(*%&()@#&%)(!@#&%

Back