• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan AVS Model 5's, where are you at?

not forged... pic of the bend?

Just noticed a nice bend in my wheels. I'm guessing these wheels aren't forged. But the weirdest thing is that I don't remember hitting a pothole at all! @#$(*%&()@#&%)(!@#&%

Just noticed a nice bend in my wheels. I'm guessing these wheels aren't forged. But the weirdest thing is that I don't remember hitting a pothole at all! @#$(*%&()@#&%)(!@#&%

Although MOST of Advan wheels are not forged, their casting method is far superior compared to other cast wheels. Sucked it happened, but hopefully not too bad and can be fixed.

Another member of the group, finally got them on the car. I was hoping for silver but you buy what's available. The gunmetal is growing on me though.

MYW the specs are 17x8 38mm front and 18x9 40mm rear with a 5mm spacer in the rear.
Those are great specs for your ride height. If anything.. maybe shave some off the front hub pad 3-5mm but that's just being anal on my part.

I like that the Model 5s are versatile enough imo where you can run it on stock height or slammed. Looks like a win to me.

Thanks, RYU, I've already gottne the 4x4 texts. :smile: MYW - you are correct on the tire sizes, Im running Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s on them.

I have taken the NSX to a couple car meets and it's been attracting a lot of attention. Question: I had my rims refinished recently and noticed that the inner barrel was not done. The finisher said it's not included in the price and wants additional $50 per. Do you guys think it's worth getting the inside finished? I would probably be the only person that notices but I think they should have done it initially.

970237_10151607685463400_1206883063_n.jpg
969688_10151607685013400_1744599027_n.jpg
935851_10151607685593400_1569222773_n.jpg
8645_10151607685163400_638114595_n.jpg

I have taken the NSX to a couple car meets and it's been attracting a lot of attention. Question: I had my rims refinished recently and noticed that the inner barrel was not done. The finisher said it's not included in the price and wants additional $50 per. Do you guys think it's worth getting the inside finished? I would probably be the only person that notices but I think they should have done it initially.

View attachment 101918
View attachment 101919
View attachment 101920
View attachment 101921
I can't believe how good those look on yellow.

any pictures of the inner barrels? i cannot believe they didnt tell you from the onset that the inner barrels would not be done!... but at the same time if your inner barrels are the gunmetal shade you had before, all things considered its not a bad scenario as the inner grime/brake dust from daily driving would make the inner barrels hides the darker color anyways (and the inner barrel would likely look the same even if it were refinished oem silver)

i definitely think you made the better choice with oem silver + yellow. now all it needs is more of a drop... :)

View attachment 101918
View attachment 101919
View attachment 101920
View attachment 101921

Last edited:
any pictures of the inner barrels? i cannot believe they didnt tell you from the onset that the inner barrels would not be done!... but at the same time if your inner barrels are the gunmetal shade you had before, all things considered its not a bad scenario as the inner grime/brake dust from daily driving would make the inner barrels hides the darker color anyways (and the inner barrel would likely look the same even if it were refinished oem silver)

i definitely think you made the better choice with oem silver + yellow. now all it needs is more of a drop... :)

x2. Although they really should have done the barrels... You may be better off with them a darker color.

Silver looks AMAZING on the yellow... and clearly she's getting some attention and turning some heads! Little more drop would look good, but overall looks great.

lmao. What kind of ghetto-ass place did you go to that they didn't include the entire wheel. haha

Seriously. The place that powder coated my wheels covered every millimeter of the wheel. I was surprised. I figured they'd leave the hub face at least. Came out to about $100 per wheel after tax.

damn. all the places ive called in toronto want 5-600$. #itsWhoYouKnowHomie

Seriously. The place that powder coated my wheels covered every millimeter of the wheel. I was surprised. I figured they'd leave the hub face at least. Came out to about $100 per wheel after tax.

Last edited:
lmao. What kind of ghetto-ass place did you go to that they didn't include the entire wheel. haha

Unfortunately it's a function of where I live. These are supposedly the top guys in the area -- that both local dealers and Indy shops contract with.

I don't know anything about dropping the car. What can I add to the zanardi suspension to drop it slightly?

vety3yna.jpg

tapynuze.jpg

Yes but all the sizes and finishes are different so there's something for everyone!

Back