• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

aem pnp

hi there, i wanna ask you ppl that runs aem ecu AEM Part# 30-1042 pnp in honda nsx 91-95 modell

in notes aem have only 5 dedicated out for coils we need 6 in nsx
can you assign an dpo/dso/gpo to be assign for the 6th coil so i can go full sequential direkt fire, or do you have to go wasted spark with this ecu ?
if it so i will put in haltech ps2000 instead i have use haltech ps in my other cars and its working flawless, but the aem ecu pnp for honda nsx is so cheap so i almost must buy it and test it ,but i must still know from you ppl that use it if it suports direkt fire for 6 coils nsx //

if my english is bad its due to the fact im from sweden :)

//M

Last edited:
mojje - you're english is fine, well mostly :smile:

not sure what "pnp" is? but I can tell you that AEM CPU uses wasted spark technique.
See install instructions attached

Note there is a new "Series 2" AEM CPU that doesn't use wasted.

Attachments

• AEM Installation Instructions 30-1042.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
mojje - you're english is fine, well mostly :smile:

not sure what "pnp" is? but I can tell you that AEM CPU uses wasted spark technique.
See install instructions attached

Note there is a new "Series 2" AEM CPU that doesn't use wasted.

PnP is plug and play, yes i was looking on that series 2 but i dont see that thay have it in PnP, or no notes if i can use the 30-1042 harness for the series 2 ecu, cuz if im gonna install a standalone ecu and do my own harness then i will go with haltech ps2000 instead.

ok it use wasted spark thats what i thought,
but on nsx can you check timing with timing light ? i have not find a place to shot at with timing light thats have been marked or is able to see

i guess i must do my own mark for example on one of the camgear and then have a solid mark on the camgear cover for example,

this is no problem cuz the crank have a tdc mark i can use to make a 0 degrees mark at camgear to shot at,the most problem part in this is to make the solid mark against the mark on gamgear.

or is it possible to check timing with a timing light without own doing your own modification.

Thank you for answering me.

//Mojje

Last edited:
Back