• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM tuners in the midsouth?

Hi everyone,
I am looking at a car with AEM engine management and with advice from a couple of members of prime (thanks guys) i now know that the acura dealer will not service this car because of the AEM. I am trying to see what my options will be if i buy the car.

I am in memphis tennessee, can anyone tell me my options for a tuner in the midsouth area?

Thanks

comtec said:
Hi everyone,
I am looking at a car with AEM engine management and with advice from a couple of members of prime (thanks guys) i now know that the acura dealer will not service this car because of the AEM. I am trying to see what my options will be if i buy the car.

I am in memphis tennessee, can anyone tell me my options for a tuner in the midsouth area?

Thanks

Hi Mike,

First, let me say that I am no expert on the subject, but I recently had the AEM Management System installed in my NSX. Aside from an increase in horsepower and better performance there are some negative aspects.

First, as you already know, an Accura dealership will not tune your NSX; you will have to find a shop that "specializes" in tuning NSX's with such systems. There are quite a few here in Southern California, but that doesn't help you. Secondly, you may have a problem in getting the car to pass smog emissions standards in your State.

Maybe someone else out there can provide you with more information.

RARNSX said:
Hi Mike,

First, let me say that I am no expert on the subject, but I recently had the AEM Management System installed in my NSX. Aside from an increase in horsepower and better performance there are some negative aspects.

First, as you already know, an Accura dealership will not tune your NSX; you will have to find a shop that "specializes" in tuning NSX's with such systems. There are quite a few here in Southern California, but that doesn't help you. Secondly, you may have a problem in getting the car to pass smog emissions standards in your State.

Maybe someone else out there can provide you with more information.

Thanks Richard,
I am lucky with this, I spoke with shane at autowave (they did the engine work) about the car. (He said) the only problem that you might have with the car is emissions testing, (I said) tennessee doesn't have state emissions testing. (He said) then this would be the perfect car for you.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Back