• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After all these German and Italian cars- I have an NSX finally!

DP's going on now....

I ran into a little problem with one brand that I ordered 3 weeks ago thru a local retailer. The DP's showed up with uneven flanges so they could not be mounted. Beyond that, the brackets on the DP's didnt even match up to the OEM heat shield fasteners. Needless to say these DP's were kicked back and I went with Fi as they were readily available and had 100 cell count versions:

Fi 100 cell count DP's

dp_closeup_514da45a339b2170c179ec8190b456686f6ff7b8.jpg

dp_far_4ba24e3bb98f190fbacd64ac9d56ad1c2b05ec0d.jpg

dp_side_90fdac6b213dd803c3be2d90b2f81d9f8a70cee8.jpg

DP's going on now....

I ran into a little problem with one brand that I ordered 3 weeks ago thru a local retailer. The DP's showed up with uneven flanges so they could not be mounted. Beyond that, the brackets on the DP's didnt even match up to the OEM heat shield fasteners. Needless to say these DP's were kicked back and I went with Fi as they were readily available and had 100 cell count versions:

Fi 100 cell count DP's

dp_closeup_514da45a339b2170c179ec8190b456686f6ff7b8.jpg

Nice car, congratulations!

Maybe it's just the angle of this picture, but the O2 sensor wiring looks very close to the heat shields. Hopefully there's sufficient clearance.

yea really the car looks more exotic from underneath...maybe it should be driven upside down....:tongue:

We didnt remove it-it was shot with plasti dip instead.

Vic, where in OC did you get the plasti dip and wrap done? I need to find a reliable shop again.

Vic, where in OC did you get the plasti dip and wrap done? I need to find a reliable shop again.

If you’re only looking at the badges and the ‘beak’ why not do it yourself? Use the original plasti-dip product for Matt badges, add glossifier if you want shiny badges ... and assuming the beak pops off easily enough, then this will be an easy DIY too ... Jobs like these are a great way to get to know your car ... unless of course its just one in the garage to choose from and perhaps not bought from the heart like NA models ...

Hope you enjoy it whatever you decide with the details ....

Here is who I use and have been since 2009 on over 20 cars. I could do it myself but his pricing and remote capabilities outweighs the DIY at least for me:

http://www.wannaberacerwraps.com/

If you’re only looking at the badges and the ‘beak’ why not do it yourself? Use the original plasti-dip product for Matt badges, add glossifier if you want shiny badges ... and assuming the beak pops off easily enough, then this will be an easy DIY too ... Jobs like these are a great way to get to know your car ... unless of course its just one in the garage to choose from and perhaps not bought from the heart like NA models ...

Hope you enjoy it whatever you decide with the details ....

I don't want to do the badges actually. I might remove the badges completely actually, but haven't decided yet. All I really want to do is wrap the beak for now. I am not a big fan of plasti-dip as my previous attempts at it didn't look great on other cars and wore too quickly. And as far as DIY wrapping. I have found that getting a pro to do your wrap is definitely the way to go. I do nearly everything else myself as I enjoy it but this car needs nothing atm.

I don't want to do the badges actually. I might remove the badges completely actually, but haven't decided yet. All I really want to do is wrap the beak for now. I am not a big fan of plasti-dip as my previous attempts at it didn't look great on other cars and wore too quickly. And as far as DIY wrapping. I have found that getting a pro to do your wrap is definitely the way to go. I do nearly everything else myself as I enjoy it but this car needs nothing atm.

Use the guy I referred; he is a pro at wrapping and also really good and plasti dip applications. Here are just a choice few in regards to the badges. And while my cars are all garaged, they do get driven and washed and his applications remained (once a week washes).

My 458

carwrap3559.jpg

My Huracan

carwrap3681.jpg

My C63S

carwrap4275.jpg

My Bentley GT3R

carwrap4001.jpg

Use the guy I referred; he is a pro at wrapping and also really good and plasti dip applications. Here are just a choice few in regards to the badges. And while my cars are all garaged, they do get driven and washed and his applications remained (once a week washes).

yep. Will do. I already sent him an email through his site. His phone is not listed on there. I'll have it done this week so I can stop looking at the beak.

Now I need to find out if the badges are just glued on or if there are holes underneath.

yep. Will do. I already sent him an email through his site. His phone is not listed on there. I'll have it done this week so I can stop looking at the beak.

Now I need to find out if the badges are just glued on or if there are holes underneath.

He did my badges (see earlier posts)- they are glued but he is pretty good with the applications and was able to easily spray a few times and remove the excess. This is the same for all the cars he did for me. I never once had him pull the badges.

He did my badges (see earlier posts)- they are glued but he is pretty good with the applications and was able to easily spray a few times and remove the excess. This is the same for all the cars he did for me. I never once had him pull the badges.

I contacted him through his site and sent an email too. Still no response. Possible he's out of town. No rush though. Looks like he does good work so I'm in.

Edit:
Nevermind, he just called me.

Last edited:
The car sounds completely different accelerating under load vs reving in neutral. The DP/exhaust is a must on these cars

The car sounds completely different accelerating under load vs reving in neutral. The DP/exhaust is a must on these cars

Of course, thats where the biggest gains in tone and db's; via higher rpms...

and the car sounds completely different reving in neutral with hfcs vs oem 600 cell count restrictive cats.

wow

As the title states, I am a big German fan having had or have 11 AMG's, 9 M's, 8 Porsches, 2 Ferraris, Bentley, Jag, Lambo, and few other choice cars over the past 10 years. This is my first Acura and first Asian performance car since my 2009 Nissan GTR. I just picked it up last week and so far, so great with its excellent road feel, chassis flex, throttle response, and strong acceleration up to and past 125 mph.

Is it the fastest ever for me, no but I didnt buy it for pure straight line speed. I needmore time to get acclimated before I cant truly give it feedback vs my current fleet and prior rides but thus far its made me smile.

I have gone through several German cars in the last several years before the NSX too, not like you tho. I am still DD'ing my AMG C63S Coupe. I love my NSX and I hate all of the bashing on this forum. I have driven faster cares but like you said we didn't buy them for straight line speed but it doesn't lack it either. I love the way this car looks and drives. I take mine out in winter with summer tires on it and I have fun driving it. I can't do that with my Corvettes.
2014 Audi S8
2014 BMW X5 50i
2013 BMW X6M
2014 BMW M5
2014 BMW 550i
2015 Audi S5
2017 BMW M235
2017 Mercedes GLE 43 AMG
2017 911
2012 911
2014 Boxster S
2018 Mercedes C63S AMG coupe
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
I know I missed one or 2. These were just the Grerman Cars.

Last edited:
Back