• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After the NSX, what is the "LOGICAL" upgrade next car?

First let me say I LOVE my NSX and it's probably the best money I ever spent for a car in this price range. It's given me almost 3 years of happiness now and is forever part of my family after being used in our wedding last year! :biggrin:

A friend told me a logical upgrade from an nsx would be a CTSC nsx! haha

So I've been looking at Supercharged NSX's but I do admit I have wandering eyes.

Wanted to pose this question to NSX owners and see what are some cars you guys have considered as the next car? I've seen some switch to a Z06 Vette, a Viper, Ferrari, Lambo....etc

I was getting our Lexus SUV serviced the other day and came across another rare unicorn. I'm scheduled to see/drive the car this Friday but so far I love everything about this car except the mileage (04 with 23k miles)

Last edited:
So what would you guys say....R8 or Ferrari 360 / F430?

I've all ready decided on this subject. it will be the V10 Audi R8... In white :biggrin:

2009-Audi-R8-5-2-FSI-quattro-White-Rear-Angle-Speed-2-1600x1200.jpg

Last edited:
I love the TDI R8 but from what I understood it was not being made???

That is my favorite form of the R8 as well! The R8GT version is sadly mis-guided as Audi chose to only include the R-tronic tranny :( bad move!

So far, + 3 for the R8 I guess....hehe

audi-tt-2.jpg

I like the rear of the R8 and that's about it.

The side profile (and that lame dual-tone panel) and front is just boring.

Oh, and the front looks like a slammed TT, which looks like a stretched Beetle.

I would never spend $$$ on a car that will be mistaken for a lessor car.

There was a recent car magazine (i think it was Motor Trend) comparing the Zr-1 and 997TT.

The 997 TT did VERY well in the performance arena, even with less power than the Zr-1.

But while they were driving around in the streets no one really paid attention to the 997. When the Zr-1 was at a gas station people were running up to the car as if it was a celebrity.

Part of most of our justification for spending more $$$ on a car is that WOW factor from the audience.

Just get a SOS SC with the Laminova. I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with the NSX. It really makes it feel like some true supercar with the new power to weight ratios.

I rarely need to downshift to have the NSX move in warp speed. As a matter of fact I was on 280 last night in the cold air and left it in 5th gear and stepped on the gas 50% and I was hitting 100+MPH in faster time then if I downshifted my stock power NSX.

IMHO, it was $15k well spent. I would write a review, but it would look and sound like the others before me, which for the most part was scoring 10/10.

A few more years in my NSX and then I'm thinking about trying either a R8 or:

nissan-gtr.jpg

or

997-turbo-360-forged-wheels.jpg

Last edited:
The R8 is a great looking car. If I was loaded/married and my wife wanted one, I'd get it for her. But I'd personally prefer the Gallardo over the R8. If I'm going to spend that much, might as well get the real deal. Not knocking the R8, but I'd prefer the more raw look of the Lambo over the Audi aesthetics. Just my 2 cents.

Hmmm,

Maybe actually "owning" the other cars you've said you've had?

The fun starts at post 47 and keeps going and going....
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/102421-feeler-2008-white-audi-r8-4.html#post1418109

So you're the Nick of 6speedonline... I just happened to stumble upon that thread since I'm also looking at a used V8 R8.

Ouch.

Dave

So, you already had a R8 on order? Pretty funny reading the thread on 6Speedonline....yikes.

Wow. You guys are quick to judge someone without knowing any details, especially a thread that was from 3-4 years ago? I have no idea what happened, but glanced at the link. Not sure why it's being brought up here? What's this thread about again?

Hmmm,

Maybe actually "owning" the other cars you've said you've had?

The fun starts at post 47 and keeps going and going....
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/102421-feeler-2008-white-audi-r8-4.html#post1418109

So you're the Nick of 6speedonline... I just happened to stumble upon that thread since I'm also looking at a used V8 R8.

Ouch.

Dave

So, you already had a R8 on order? Pretty funny reading the thread on 6Speedonline....yikes.

Speaking of LOGICAL, anger is ILLOGICAL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/udqIBv41b_Y?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/udqIBv41b_Y?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I guess we are all somewhat in agreement here, however, this is the version/color I want:

11-audi-r8spyder52fsiquattro-02.jpg

+1 for the R8; it's an exquisite car to drive, very "NSX-ish" in feel.

The Gallardo seems to be an option; maybe a Ferrari 360?

No P-cars for me, thanks -- never been a fan.

Maybe something from Lotus... ?

Wow. You guys are quick to judge someone without knowing any details, especially a thread that was from 3-4 years ago? I have no idea what happened, but glanced at the link. Not sure why it's being brought up here? What's this thread about again?

Wow you sure are quick to make a judgment. I didn't even say anything and only posted the emoticon yet your sure I have made some judgment. Exactly how did you figure out whether my judgment was negative or positive?

FYI - I wasn't actually making a judgment but just shocked by what I had read. I dont see how anyone could read the whole thread and the links to others and not be shocked.

If you want to chastise Primers for posting emoticons or providing opinions why not start another thread and do so.

All this talk of R8's??

This would be my upgrade.. One of my favorite Ferraris:

wyo550a.jpg

I prefer the slightly more aggressive styling of the V12 TDI (if they ever put it in production). :biggrin:

i totally agree, but most likely out of my price range if it were available. my only issue with audi is it's reputation with electrical problems. i will have to do more research regarding that claim, though.

Seems like R8 gets the votes here. I have never driven one but seem logical and understandable given that it is a MR, with nice power, handles, looks great, not super-car expensive, and these are the reasons why most people got their NSXs in the first place, right?... ok maybe not the power, lol.

If I would have to replace my NSX right now and have ~100k, 360CS would be my choice. I am a little bias toward Ferrari, and I also like that it is more rare (I believe only a few hundreds of those in the US?).

Back