• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Inquiry

I was actually talking about the alternator bracket.

All engine mounts bolt up the same from my understanding despite part number variances.

If you can borrow me your for a few weeks that would be phenomenal. They will suffer zero damage.

Last edited:
I was actually talking about the alternator bracket.

All engine mounts bolt up the same from my understanding despite part number variances.

If you can borrow me your for a few weeks that would be phenomenal. They will suffer zero damage.

Please PM me with more information. I am curious how this will work.

I have a NA2 engine in my 91 and no issues with the motor mounts from the NA1 working with either engine

What is the benefit of your alternator billet mount, is it just for weight savings?

The OEM unit is very large and heavy. The unit we are producing is streamlined in size and weighing in at 2.5lbs compared to the factory 11-12lbs. That is a significant weight saving for the center of gravity height.

The Foundry 3 bracket is also modular. If you have a supercharger that has an alternator relocation bracket, you will potentially no longer need to have the weight of the alternator mount post and swing arm as those can be removed, where as with the OEM unit you are stuck with what additional weight on top of the already heavy OEM bracket.

The OEM unit is very large and heavy. The unit we are producing is streamlined in size and weighing in at 2.5lbs compared to the factory 11-12lbs. That is a significant weight saving for the center of gravity height.

The Foundry 3 bracket is also modular. If you have a supercharger that has an alternator relocation bracket, you will potentially no longer need to have the weight of the alternator mount post and swing arm as those can be removed, where as with the OEM unit you are stuck with what additional weight on top of the already heavy OEM bracket.

TY Sir, would these have an option of anodizing as well?

i just chiming in and am interested in whatever introductory price or group buy you put together,
BTW I'm just checking about the lighter Honda alternator alternative that also works with the NSX, I believe its the prelude or accord alternator, (it is used with the CTSC kit)
I understand basic bolting points would be the same but I am interested in making sure it would also would have no problem working with this bracket.

Ive seen race cars use mini alternators from a Geo Metro. Same as the Sammi/Sprint.
some basic discussion here https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/small-lightweight-alternator/12622/page1/
some 6 and 9 lb alternators here http://www.jonesracingproducts.com/alt.html

I don't know if these will be sufficient for the NSX but we do know the CTSC used a lower power unit successfully and it may be worth looking into a lighter alternator alternate to add some additional benefits to your product.

Last edited:
i just chiming in and am interested in whatever introductory price or group buy you put together,
BTW I'm just checking about the lighter Honda alternator alternative that also works with the NSX, I believe its the prelude or accord alternator, (it is used with the CTSC kit)
I understand basic bolting points would be the same but I am interested in making sure it would also would have no problem working with this bracket.

We have a prototype alternator bracket in the field currently. If basic bolting points on the alternators that aren't NSX specific are the same then they will fit without issue.

We are also currently looking for a member to field test with a CTSC system as well, if anyone has interest please PM.

We have a prototype alternator bracket in the field currently. If basic bolting points on the alternators that aren't NSX specific are the same then they will fit without issue.

We are also currently looking for a member to field test with a CTSC system as well, if anyone has interest please PM.

Actually I may have made an incorrect statement, I want to clarify.
I am looking into using that same Honda alternator that the CTSC as a light weight alternative to the OEM nsx alternator on a non-CTSC. but I came across some reading that the honda alternator that the CTSC uses is necessary because it runs backwards with the CTSC. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/165497-Comptech-SC-Alternator-Question-Discussion
maybe someone can confirm this or whether or not a light Honda alternator exists that works on the NSX without CTSC.
supposedly its a 3.3 lb difference between alternators which is not much but I figured upon replacing the alternator someday I would choose the lighter one.
In conjunction with this bracket its almost 13-14lbs of weight savings.

Maybe you are in a position of opportunity to develop an second bracket or adapters or additional holes to accommodate using a lighter alternator as well.
And also if a light alternator is capable of working and lets say in theory the alternator itself is 7-10lbs lighter then maybe the bracket itself could also be structurally lighter due to less weight of the alternator. maybe this could result in closer to 20lbs weight reduction if it works.

some basic links
http://www.jonesracingproducts.com/alt.html
grassroots seams to like using a alternator from a Geo Metro. Same as the Sammi/Sprint
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/small-lightweight-alternator/12622/page1/

Last edited:
Any word on the engine mounts?

Any word on the engine mounts?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Development is progressing much slower than anticipated.

I received samples from my machinist this past week. There was an issue with the machining on one mount that is being corrected. They acknowledged the issue prior to sending out the samples, but sent them all anyway so I could verify fitment. That said they are almost to market.

Thank you for your patience.

I will upload photos of samples when I have a chance.

Thanks for the updates...

e756d2f8440ed5c44fea0db91b54cdc6.jpg

Here is a shot of the machinist samples I received this past week. 1 small change was made due to a flaw in the machine path authoring but otherwise these are ready. I am waiting to get a corrected sample and will be doing a
20 kit group buy at a %20 discount immediately after.

Alternator Brackets are being field tested and iterated upon. Since this is a new part - substantial testing is required, where as the motor mounts are a replacement so they are much quicker to market.

Valve Covers are still in development, we have evolved the design substantially due to the size of the ignition coils.

Is the compliance/flex of the engine mounts near to OEM spec? can it be customized? Thanks Bruno

BTW - your engine mounts look great!

We have 75a and 90a durometer.

I believe the stock units would be slightly below 75a but not a noticeable amount, if at all. I'll look into getting the stock units I have tested and see if we can match it.

Back