• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Stereo Selection

Hello Prime,

I have been looking for a thread and or information providing a list of aftermarket stereo's that are out there for the NSX. I understand the stereo set ups come and go. One main goal is to find a reliable set up that will be dependable with blue tooth and Nav. I have had two OEM stereos that have gone south. I am now looking to change entirely.

Anyone know of a thread or any information that will point me in the right direction? I would be willing to write up a thread if There is enough information from the Prime community.

Thanks
Jeff

I was about to start a thread about this too! Interesting

Here are my criteria:

1) double din
2) nav
3) touch screen (obviously with nav)
4) no knobs .....buttons are ok but knobs look out dated in the next 5 years
5)Bluetooth
6) work with Apple AND Android for apps like pandora, spotify, rdio etc ..... There are local channels that have apps too. Would love to just connect phone and play from playlist or Internet

7) hard drive with simple setup to add music/pics

recently rented a dodge Durango on a trip and it had a USB to add your personal playlist into a folder
This is perfect for those times when your phone battery is low and you want to play music but don't have your car charger

Kenwood?
Alpine?
Pioneer Avic?
JVC?

Most people will give personal preference but back it up pplease

Thanks

I would PM S4Play -- he is very knowledgeable on this topic, having installed numerous of these.

Nice, any other stereo units out there that would be a winner.

Alpine INA-W910BT ALL-IN-ONE!

attachment.php

Hey there, There are some nice pioneer decks, (I have an avic z150bh), but I would be wary of the app radio...The pioneer apps it runs suck...and for some of the decks you need multiple hookup cables for video and music. The all in one decks are the best.

Hey there, There are some nice pioneer decks, (I have an avic z150bh), but I would be wary of the app radio...The pioneer apps it runs suck...and for some of the decks you need multiple hookup cables for video and music. The all in one decks are the best.

With the right programing you can make the app radio mirrior your Iphone screen issentialy running every app the Iphone can.

What??!! Nice
If you go this route make sure you make your homework first. I don't use it.(yet :wink:) just read that it doesn't support IOS7(haven't upgraded mine yet and don't plan to so I'm still good). I beleive there is also diffrent version of the app radio and not sure they all support it.

Last edited:
Last time I researched it there was only the Appradio 2 available. Looked at the Appradio 3 and I'm very happy I didn't buy the Appradio 2 because the new one looks much better and will definitely be installing it this winter. One reason I was hesitating when I saw Appradio 2 was it didn't even have Bluetooth streaming for music but the new one does. From factory I don't beleive Mirrorlink does full mirroring of the phone without modifications. I believe it only mirrors compatible Apps which might be enough anyway.

Anyone know of a list that shows what items are needed prior to a double din install? Such as below.

1) Double din center console
2) Type of Stereo receiver that fits
3) Any wiring harness needed for fitment from OEM wiring to Update wiring from double din stereo
4) Type of stereo mounting kit needed to fit double din console.

Hope this is information is not too watered down.

Thanks

Last edited:
1) You are correct
2) I believe that most double din are the same size but could be wrong
3)got my harness from Science of Speed
4)got my mounting from Science of Speed

I did my instal 4 years ago but from what I remember that is all you need.

Back