• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Agressive offset at the front?

Hey guys,
I was wondering what is the more agressive offset and wheel width you guys have been able to fit at the front?

Pictures of your set up will help alot,
Thanks.

-MSR

If you don't want rubbing , 40 with an 8" rim , 215 tire

If you don't care about rubbing (or having fender liners!) , I have done 17x8 25 offset with a 245/35/17

Last edited:
I currently run 18x8.5" +38 215/35-18 front and it rubs occasionally (On the inside i think?) :confused:
Looks good tho - perfectly flush with the fender. 8.0" +35 would probably be perfect.

8" with a 35 rubs , 8.5 with a 35 rubs less since the tire is more stretched. As I said 8 with a 40 is the max , 43 is even better if you dont want any rubbing

O.k guys, I am kind of confuse.
Where does it rub? In the inner control arm?, on the top of the out side fender?
I am guessing suspension will have to do a little in this, because of suspension travel?
I am guessing that stoptechs wont probably clear?,
Are you guys having any bad handling on track days because of such a thin tire?

Thanks again,

-MSR

If you go bigger than 215 tire it will rub in more than one way , the O.D. will probably be to big, and will rub the fender at the top , also rub at full lock , and if you have the wheel turned when going up a driveway it could tear the fender too , ask me how i know.

18x8 +38 with 215/35/18 tire (no rubbing):
IMG_05021.jpg

18x8 +35 with 215/35/18 tire (rubbed slightly - mostly because the tire ran narrower than usual):
IMG_1866_800.jpg

18x7.5 +30 with 215/35/18 tire (rubs):
IMG_05121.jpg

We should really do a sticky on NSX wheel fitment.

Seems like 8" +38 front and 10" +30 rear is optimum values.

From there you can use an offset calculator to calculate how and if different wheels will fit.

We should really do a sticky on NSX wheel fitment.

Seems like 8" +38 front and 10" +30 rear is optimum values.

From there you can use an offset calculator to calculate how and if different wheels will fit.

We do have a thread, just not a sticky. It's just that, not that many members participate.
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46639&highlight=wheel+guide

Rubbing will also vary based upon if you're stock or lowered, and even by the make/model of tire even if they're labeled as the same size.

As long as you're within reasonable width, how often are you going to be at full lock (when you usually get rubbing) anyways?

Last edited:
18x7.5, +25 offset. Seldom rubs at full lock.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice nsx.

some more food for thought...

procar's nsx

pay close attention to post #1118, #1121 and just for kicks, #1129

X-Drifter,

Where did you get those wheel dollies that's on the s14??? Need something like that!

I've also seen some that have built in rollers where you place around the wheel, step on the lever a few times and the rollers come together and lift the car at the same time. This way you don't have to get a jack to separately lift or lower the car while messing with the dollies.

You can get some at harbor freight but I hear they don't roll as well as the expensive ones.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4881

Back